New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    guys, among the two option ano mas fuel efficient and less cost sa PMS? Strada 2.5L GLS- V diesel o Hyundai Tucson 2.0L theta engine gas manual? Ano kaya mas ok sa dalawa?

yeah, i know na yung isa eh diesel at yung isa eh gas but I trying to figure kung in the long run the other will be more efficient in terms of maintaining the vehicle

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Get the Tucson diesel para tapos usapan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    what's great about the strada is it is on a right price (one of the low priced quality pick up in the market) offering power, comfort and quality, good value for money (which is good), what's not great about that is tatagain ka naman sa presyo ng accessories and maintenance, I heard that my college professor had a change oil of his montero sport for 7k at the casa. Hard to imagine but change oil lang?! may ginto yung filter o yung langis.... ?

Go for the Tucson, since it is gas it would be easy to maintain and spare parts are cheaper than spare parts of a new tech diesel engine.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Get the Tucson diesel para tapos usapan.
    sir, plano ko sana eh manual tranny lang dba yung tucson diesel eh matic?

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    sir, yung mga bagong diesel ba (crdi) eh medyo mahal pyesa at kung change oil lang pwede naman yun DIY dba? aside from standard change oil anu ano pa kya ang regular na kailangansa PMS ng cdri o diesel engine?

since meron kami gasoline vehicle, maintaining petrol powered vehicle eh kabisado ko na pero sa diesel hindi pa. but due to high petrol prices kaya option ko ang diesel like the strada.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    o bat ayaw mo nung automatic na Tucson diesel, matipid rin yun a kahit automatic, that's something great about CRDi engine matipid sila at mas powerful, yun nga lang maintenance cost is pricey, change oil, change crdi oil, svc replacement etc. and picky/maselan sa diesel, you need a good and clean diesel to make sure that your crdi engine runs good. kaya sa mga sikat na gas station nagpapakarga ang maraming naka crdi equipped engine.

change oil must be performed by a skilled person lalo na kung brandnew yung auto, saka under warranty kasi kaya sa casa muna talaga ang lahat ng service,

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Napakamahal kasi talaga kung magpapachange oil ka sa casa. Mahal na nga ang langis kasi mas marami bibilhin mo at mas mahal na uri din. Pero usually dun sa labor sila nagtataga. If you really want their stuff, It'll probably be better if you buy from them and then have the oil change done by a garage mechanic. That's what we do.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ano yung CRDi oil? Nakaka ilang CRDi na kami wala naman CRDi oil

So ganito.. Medyo malayo yung comparo eh. Kasi pick up - CUV. I own a Tucson, I don't know much about the Strada pero I think Strada is a safer choice. Higher ground clearance, diesel engine, tsaka M/T gusto mo. Yun nga lang mas mahal talaga maintenance. Pero kung comfort, porma at handling ang habol mo, sa Tucson ka na.

Ang maintenance ng CRDi madali lang kung tutuusin, mas mahal nga lang kasi amount palang ng oil masakit na sa batok. Yung Tucson ko 2.0L CRDi R-eVGT lang pero 8 liters na semi synthetic / fully synthetic ang kailangan. Yung oil filter 480 pesos sa Seiring na yun, sa Casa 1,200 pesos. Every 10,000kms palitan agad ng air filter kasi mabilis mag-dumi gawa ng malakas humigop ng hangin ang turbo. Every 40,000kms kailangan ipapalinis ang EGR. Pag medyo naabuso, madali pang bibigay ang Turbo (Hindi lang sa Hyundai, kasi Garrett naman ang gumagawa ng Turbo)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ano yung CRDi oil? Nakaka ilang CRDi na kami wala naman CRDi oil

So ganito.. Medyo malayo yung comparo eh. Kasi pick up - CUV. I own a Tucson, I don't know much about the Strada pero I think Strada is a safer choice. Higher ground clearance, diesel engine, tsaka M/T gusto mo. Yun nga lang mas mahal talaga maintenance. Pero kung comfort, porma at handling ang habol mo, sa Tucson ka na.

Ang maintenance ng CRDi madali lang kung tutuusin, mas mahal nga lang kasi amount palang ng oil masakit na sa batok. Yung Tucson ko 2.0L CRDi R-eVGT lang pero 8 liters na semi synthetic / fully synthetic ang kailangan. Yung oil filter 480 pesos sa Seiring na yun, sa Casa 1,200 pesos. Every 10,000kms palitan agad ng air filter kasi mabilis mag-dumi gawa ng malakas humigop ng hangin ang turbo. Every 40,000kms kailangan ipapalinis ang EGR. Pag medyo naabuso, madali pang bibigay ang Turbo (Hindi lang sa Hyundai, kasi Garrett naman ang gumagawa ng Turbo)

oopps..!!!this is what I'm talking about,

I saw a bottle of that on the pickup bed of the Navarra of my uncle and a bottle of mobil 1 diesel turbo truck oil, nabanggit nga sakin na parehas engine oil yun, mas specific lang pala yung motul for crdi na binili niya, I thought na magkaiba ang purpose ng dalawang bote ng langis na nakita. sorry..hehehehe...btw medyo masakit sa bulsa yung price nung oil.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You're comparing apples to oranges. These two have different tasks that can be done, and can be given.

Maintenance for the Strada would surely be costly compared to the Theta II Tucson, however, if we're comparing the DiD Strada to the CRDi Tucson, the cost should be at par with each other.

What makes the Tucson CRDi maintenance more expensive than your usual old-school diesel is that the engine is more refined and more modern, thus, it got picky and requires a lot of stuff. As to what are those I am not particular of since I don't own one yet. Also, I believe the Theta II Tucson can be thirsty. Starex_Gold has experienced this with his friends' Tucson, and of course, the pulling power won't be at par as compared to his ReVGT. Hence, if you're on a budget, meaning if you can save every centavo, you would, I'd suggest that you get the Strada.

One more, the Strada can roughly do some water fording while the Tucson here cannot. Well, it can, but it should not perform as good as the Strada. One is because it's not built to do such. Second, there's something that's sensitive that sits on the bumper. Not sure what is it called but I'm pretty sure it's sensitive.

Efficiency would be definitely go to the Strada. Diesels are much cheaper compared to gasoline in terms of fuel prices. And, if you're in need of a large cargo space, the Strada has this.

Don't worry about comfort, though, the Strada would be more likely reach your expectations. It has one of the finest ride quality amongst the pick-ups sold locally.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Strada 2.5L diesel o Tucson 2.0L gas