New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    another vote for the Cefiro. Yun nga lang lakas sa gas. pero very nice ride and engine.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yup, Cefiros have the most plush seats I have also driven. Very smooth . . .

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I think the threadstarted wants to find the smoth riding vehicle on the brand new market today.

The Teana is a good choice, but the FC isn't great.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I have driven MBs and BMs already pero kinda weird kasi I find the Cefiro as one of the smoothest cars I've ever driven.
    It will all depend on the suspension design, components, and wheelbase.

A Mercedes A class will never give you a luxurious ride as the E class even if they are both Benzes.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    IMO

Longer wheelbase - smoother ride
    Shorter wheelbase - bumpier ride

But it really depends also on the vehicles suspension set up. For example the first gen. Tamarraw FX. If you look at it the wheelbase is quite long but because of the suspension set up at the rear when you drive it (less than 5 passengers) it seems like theres a wild horse jumping up and down back there.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You have to look at suspension tuning as well...
    It's easy to speculate that a short-wheelbase car will be jumpier than a long-wheelbase one, or a tall car will suffer more vibration than a comparatively low-slung car. But this doesn't take into account how the individual suspension components are tuned.

Example: Lowering springs can go a long way into softening the Jazz's firm ride in stock condition.

That's why a test-drive is critical...you can't generalize things just by rules alone

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup.

And note, again... there's a difference between a soft ride and a smooth ride. If all you want is a soft ride... the Kia Sorento would be your best bet... but a smooth ride entails good body control at highway speeds. That's something that you can get with the Ford Focus (excellent body control) at the price of having a little firmness at low speed.

Few cars can ride well at both low speeds and high speeds. The Accord is one of them. Mercs can do this, too... the new C-class has an excellent low speed and high speed ride. The Ford Escape can do this.

And... guess what? We just tested the Dodge Caliber (yeah, that overpriced piece of plastic)... and it's got a veeeeery smooth ride. Despite wearing 17" mags, it has good low speed comfort (the wheels thump over bumps, but it never feels unsettled or jittery) and great high speed stability. Guess Chrysler-Dodge learned a thing or two from Mercedes before they split up.

Looking at it, I'd expected it to ride like a Korean car... with poor low speed composure but good high speed stability... but I was pleasantly surprised... the Caliber actually rides like an expensive car. Too bad the interior looks so cheap, but hey... no one's perfect.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I think my forester and our stavic both have excellent rides comparable to our old accord. I've taken them on 10-hour rides and no body pains.

I think most mid-sizes have great rides. It's when you have other special needs that the issue gets tricky like ... budget/use/speed/ride height, etc.

Kaya maganda paki sagot kung ride comfort/smoothness lang talaga hanap ninyo o may ibang factors din.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh... forgot about the Forester... very good suspension that one... good control... good damping, pretty long stroke...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Oh... forgot about the Forester... very good suspension that one... good control... good damping, pretty long stroke...
    I tend to agree. The thick tires of the Forester should provide a smooth ride. But, I'd take the XT because it's guaranteed to have a suspension tout enough to handle quick takeoffs and fast cruising. The normally aspirated version may not be as well-equipped. I could be wrong though. I haven't test-driven the N/A version.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Smooth riding vehicles???