New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys, please share your insights/ experiences on which vehicles available today have the smoothest ride. Need it for my parents

My requirements:
    smooth ride, FC, looks and resale

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Model year preference for newer or older cars? Also, your definition of smooth ride may not be as smooth as others would think, so replies will vary and your best bet is to test drive the ones they'll mention and see which ones you like. Alternatively you can also brainstorm cars that have good suspension setup and passenger seat damping.

Personally I'd go with a 1995 E300D, it's a Mercedes-Benz so the ride will definitely be smooth, it's a W124 so it's a large car and it's roomy inside, looks great, has very good resale value, and of course is fuel efficient because it's a diesel. If you don't want as much power, a W124 200D would be more efficient but may lack the power and some of the amenities the E300D has. Maybe your best bet for this kind of choice would be an early 1990's 300D 2.5, it's still the same car but with a different engine and it's turbocharged too.

(It's also fast and powerful if you want to open the taps on the highway...)

If you're going to get a newer car these ones are priced just as much, or even lower, depending on what is available

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    On sale today with a smooth ride?

The new Accord is one that comes to mind... not much else... errh... the Ford Escape, possibly.

If you want a vehicle that's a bit stiff but with a well-controlled ride (doesn't jiggle over bumps or become unsettled when the road heaves)... the Focus comes to mind.

If your budget allows, get a Merc C-Class... the ride is perfect, and body control is excellent.

I can't say I'm really impressed by anything else.... there are lots of "soft" cars out there, but once you get out into the provinces, they're kinda too soft... there are lots of well-controlled cars out there, but at low speeds, they thump-thump-thump over potholes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think your parents would love the current Vios.

I think it meets your criteria and easy for folks to drive too

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the current toyota camry is soft... but smooth? hmm i think its too soft. For me smoothness means being soft but not too soft. i think a sedan would be smoother than a minisuv or suv. since mas konti yun body roll. i dont mind thumps but what i hate is a lot of body roll. it makes me dizzy.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Smooth-riding cars?
    I'd suggest the outgoing ZZE121 Corolla Altis. Despite the relatively crude torsion beam rear suspension, the ride's pretty well-sorted for your folks IMO.

+1 on a test drive.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    altis sarap gamitin. nakahiram ako ng 2005mdl na matic. ang layo sa ride ng mazda3

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I believe the best way to find the correct smooth riding vehicle for you, and the FC suited for you, is to lay down your budget and then checkout the available brands and models that will suit your needs and means.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Chevy Venture... Sabi ng boss namin, "Nice ride, no?"

Test drive ninyo.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I have to vote for the New CR-V. Looks great on black... yes I said that!

I think the ride is smooth and very very spacious inside!
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Smooth riding vehicles???