New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Peugeot not reliable? Are you sure? It's still one of the most popular brands in some of the worst places of the world (most notably former French colonies in Africa) exactly due to the suitability to harsh road conditions and lower-grade fuels.
    hey! 'snot fair! the guys there are biased! look for pugs where there's no heavy french footprint..
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 2nd, 2013 at 11:48 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Africans love old Pugs. Near indestructible.

Don't know about new ones, though. The 5008 diesel is closely related to the Focus diesel (since Ford bought the 2.0 from PSA), so at least the engine itself will be reliable (don't know about the transmission.)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Africans love old Pugs. Near indestructible.

Don't know about new ones, though. The 5008 diesel is closely related to the Focus diesel (since Ford bought the 2.0 from PSA), so at least the engine itself will be reliable (don't know about the transmission.)
    My friend's Peugeot 206 tranny (automatic) also gave up pre-maturely. Is AT Peugeot's achilles heels? My friend is based in Australia.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    My friend's Peugeot 206 tranny (automatic) also gave up pre-maturely. Is AT Peugeot's achilles heels? My friend is based in Australia.
    Very hard to say. Not knowing the particulars and how the car was driven.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi Richardson, just wondering if you pushed through in getting the 5008? I am also seriously considering getting one, wanted to get some feedback in case you pushed through with it. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nope. My mom changed her mind. She's eyeing a pickup now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.financialreboot.blogspot.com

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply... hope anyone here who owns one can give some feedback. Checked out the Peugeot thread and found nothing there..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345