New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I knew you guys would bring up the Santa Fe. It's the logical choice at that price point for people who don't want a truck-based SUV. But yeah, the need to be unique got me. And the sunroof, which is only available to the TOTL Santa Fe (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I think your fuel consumption with your Grand Livina with its 4AT, 1.8L and 7 seats is actually amazing.

And the last person whom you want to listen bout FC info are sales agents.

HTH.
    The FC would have been acceptable if I wasnt trying. And if I had 7 people in the car all the time. On a weekday there's just me and my wife. On weekends, me, wifey, our 1 yr old toddler and his yaya.

Plus space is becoming an issue. Usually bump elbows with the wife. Or her knee is obstructing the slushbox. Occassionally our little boy accidentally kicks the gear to Neutral too.

www.financialreboot.blogspot.com

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Even 1.3 and 1.5 liter cars can hit 6-7 km/l in heavy traffic. Especially if you're using an automatic. With the diesel, you will still get into the 7s, maybe the 6s with those 2.2s and an automatic, but at least you will be paying diesel prices.

-

An SUV or van will give you much more breathing room. The 5008 is roomier than the Grand Livina, but it's not really much bigger inside than a midsized sedan, except for the third row.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If it's just uniqueness, go for the upcoming Kia Carens.

It is a lot more sensible. Seriously.

Also, better looking than your GL, bigger in everyway, has a diesel engine and AT tranny, too.

I'm sure the new 1.7L CRDi will be more fuel efficient than the last 2.0L CRDi VGT unit.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    you have a good fc in the livina way above average for 2.0 car hauling a much longer body

puegot- only good thing about it for now is you would be different and that's about it nothing more

i agree with nicky get a sta. fe or a tbz

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    If you dare to be different go for it, very common na rin kasi japs car dito but of course it isn't a practical choice baka pag may nasira 3 mos waiting

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for the inputs guys. 1.8M is actually quite a stretch already. Is the Carens really worth buying at 1.4M? Or should I change my stance on truck-based SUVs already?

www.financialreboot.blogspot.com

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Truck based diesel suv's are so popular cause theyre practical, efficient, economical, hold resale value better than their gas counterparts, have good ride heights and look macho.

For 1.4 get the vnt fortuner. I think the carens at 1.4 is kinda over priced. Though its a good car of course and modern as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardson Chan View Post
    Thanks for the inputs guys. 1.8M is actually quite a stretch already. Is the Carens really worth buying at 1.4M? Or should I change my stance on truck-based SUVs already?

Financial Reboot
    What I think you need is to figure out what you really need/want in car. I'm sure there's a perfect model for you. For 1.8M budget, there sure are a bunch of good choices, but it will still depend on your priorities. If you wanna be unique Carens > 5008, if you are willing to gamble for the French brand just because of uniqueness, the Carens is a far safer choice. Probably a bit more practical, as refined and less expensive than the 5008 but still expensive for the car that it is for that amount. If you wanna give-up uniqueness and lean towards even more practicality, choices broadens from a fully loaded Captiva Dsl 4x2, Innova V, MS GLS-V, Fort G VNT, Everest 4x2, Sorento 4x2 CRDi, SF 4x2 CRDi. Those choices, save the, Captiva, Santa Fe and Sorento, aren't as refined as the car-based 5008, Carens or even your GL. But all of them, offers decent amount refinement, even more practicality, room, power and robustness of chassis. They are really built for the long haul. They offer value and far more use (high stance, when it's flooding in the 'gates of hell', for moderate trekking due to long travel suspensions, hauling due to bigger cabin, etc).
    Last edited by basti08; May 28th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by priust View Post

Prev. cars :
    Toyota XL, Jeep GC, Saturn, Geo Storm, Dodge Caravan, Toyota Camry, BMW 330i, Lexus RX300, Audi A4, Lexus GX470, Nissan 200SX, Dodge Dakota, Toyota Matrix, MB R350, Honda Civic, Toyota Prius, Mazda CX-7
    OT. What happened to your Prius? Do you still drive it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast