New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I currently drive a 1 year old Nissan Grand Livina AT. It's easy to drive, can seat 7, and of course, the infamous Nissan aircon (I'm the one driving so the absence of rear aircon vents is not an issue). My main beef is its fuel consumption. I only get 8 to 9 km per liter during light to moderate city traffic. That number goes down to 6 to 7 during heavy traffic.

Now my mom's about to buy a car. My mom loves me so much that she's willing to swap her brand-new-car-to-be with my Livina, just so I could save on gas. Monthly payments will stay as is (I pay for the Livina. She pays for the new car).

Here's why I'm considering the Peugeot 5008:

1. It's a diesel - 20% cheaper than premium gasoline.
    2. Fuel economy - according to a Peugeot sales agent, the 5008 can go 18km/l in light to moderate city traffic.
    3. Panoramic Sunroof - aesthetics. just a personal preference.
    4. Clutchless Manual Transmission - I find my Livina's 4AT boring (and it's also probably contributing to the "poor" fuel economy)
    5. 7-seat capacity.

If you were me, would you consider a Peugeot 5008? If not, what would you recommend? Max budget would be the price of a mid-end 5008 (1.8M). Your inputs would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    for that price you can get an SUV.. it's a peugeot so medyo mahal ang maintenance nyan and parts.. pero kung kaya naman.. then go for it.. unique ka pa.. konti lang kayo sa kalsada.. i dont believe tho that it can do 18km/l on philippine road conditions..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I think your fuel consumption with your Grand Livina with its 4AT, 1.8L and 7 seats is actually amazing.

And the last person whom you want to listen bout FC info are sales agents.

HTH.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    1.8M, damn! what makes you think of buying a french brand???

If I were to buy a diesel car for that money, i would get the all new Hyundai SantaFe. I suggest you test drive it.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    santa fe > peugot 5008.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wegAzroNoco]Gay Car - YouTube[/ame]

Otherwise you can buy one. Might be a bit slow though.
    Resale Value is unknown
    reliability is iffy

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An uncommon brand and a Philippine style consumer protection? Goodluck!
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1 on the Santa Fe. Any reason for the affinity with Peugeot? Euro? Unique?

Posted from my iPhone

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 5008 is really nice. Very refined, very powerful, great handling and fantastic brakes.

But as a seven seater... interior space is nowhere near the same level as something like a Santa Fe or a Trailblazer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Im on the same boat as you. Actually tatlo pinagpipilian ko ng una - Peugeot 5008, Santa Fe and CR-V. I like the Peugeot because it is an MPV and lots of safety features. Parts is expensive, and kung ikaw magbabayad ng maintenance, wala kang matitipid dahil medyo mahal siya. Mas mahal ng konti sa Jap/korean but a bit cheaper compared to german cars. At first, ayoko ng santa fe kasi nga Korean and I only own Japanese, German and American cars pero after driving a rental santa fe for 2 weeks, bumilib ako for the first time sa Korean car. And this is coming from someone that owned 17 cars in the last 16 years so you can see where I am coming from. Ngayon, sinama ko lang ang cr-v in the mix kasi mura siya compared to the other 2 and the FC is decent.

I am leaning towards santa fe. Very easy to drive, maganda ang handling, interior is good and quiet.

Prev. cars :
    Toyota XL, Jeep GC, Saturn, Geo Storm, Dodge Caravan, Toyota Camry, BMW 330i, Lexus RX300, Audi A4, Lexus GX470, Nissan 200SX, Dodge Dakota, Toyota Matrix, MB R350, Honda Civic, Toyota Prius, Mazda CX-7

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast