New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Don't rely on wikipedia it can be be edited by anyone
    OT: Tried it. Pero kung wrong info lalagay mo, buburahin din nila. They verify stuffs din dun

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if the need to be unique is what your priority is, I think the 5008 is the one for you. But yes, just do take into account, the FC figure a sales agent quotes is usually on the high side, or perhaps true but under very controlled circumstances. Also maintenance costs will be more expensive compared to the more common choices.

Enjoy!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mahirap bigkasin mag toyota ka na lang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7_RUG44mg]Peugeot 5008 review - CarBuyer - YouTube[/ame]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Nothing against the brand but my analysis for Peugeot's brand positioning is difficult as it is neither premium, value for money, or known for high reliability.

Also, Peugeot (just like Opel) has been a failed car brand here just a few years ago. Therefore, resale might even be more difficult compared to say Volvo which is in a similar situation for quite some time.

Even among my European friends, they consider brands like Fiat/Peugeot as cheap brands and they rate Japanese cars higher while German cars the highest.

So I also recommend to cross shop with the new Kia Carens since it's in a similar class and the latest model looks very nice.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    why not peugeot? because in the past, a significant number of european marquees did not do very well here... and i personally do not see why peugeot will do much better.. . they're too expensive (always relative). they're not very reliable (but then, compared to the big 3 japanese like toyota, most everyone is not reliable).. service and maintenance, because they are new and have only limited sales and local experience, may prove to be a headache.. resale value is low... the marquee is relatively new around here, and i do not want to be actively involved in its birth pains..
    why peugeot? .....
    suggestion: get something manufactured in this side of the world.

but then again, if you have money to burn and can easily get another car should peugeot give you a teeny headache, why not!
    Last edited by dr. d; May 31st, 2013 at 01:34 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    1.8M can buy a KDM Grand Starex na.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    "value for money" is quite relative. Just check similar MPV-type vehicles so can have all your bases covered.

Obviously, you like "minivans" for the space it offers. Kia Carnival and Carens seems to be in the sweet spot. The 5008 seems nice. Just be aware what you are getting into. But I cannot fault you really for choosing the French brand.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    they're not very reliable (but then, compared to the big 3 japanese like toyota, most everyone is not reliable)..
    Peugeot not reliable? Are you sure? It's still one of the most popular brands in some of the worst places of the world (most notably former French colonies in Africa) exactly due to the suitability to harsh road conditions and lower-grade fuels.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast