New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which of the legendary brands would you want to own? (regardless of model)

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Porsche

16 45.71%
  • Ferrari

16 45.71%
  • Kia Pride (eh kung yun ang trip mo ba't hindi?)

3 8.57%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    These are present through their reps in the market.

Would you go for teutonic reliability or italian temper? if a genie said you could only have one of the two which would you go for and why?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I voted for Ferrari.

If comparing models of similar price points bet. the two brands, I would go for Ferrari anytime. IMO, I have no clue what makes a Porsche special to others and the fact that its looks never seem to change over the years is a big detriment for me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    porsche for me.
    mas rugged tignan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ok na ako sa Porsche (huwag lang Cayenne). Ferrari is too good for my unworthy hands. :D

*Ferrari--the best!:2thumbsup::massmoon:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I voted for Ferrari.

If comparing models of similar price points bet. the two brands, I would go for Ferrari anytime. IMO, I have no clue what makes a Porsche special to others and the fact that its looks never seem to change over the years is a big detriment for me.

Actually, this is what amazes the Porsche fans. The way that the company keeps their cars looking updated without changing the general design. But I agree with you. The only Porsche I like over the Ferrari is the Carrera GT. It doesn't look like a traditional Porsche.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Porsche gets my vote. Ferrari is too obvious, too macho. too loud, it shouts "I'm rich!".

Most lotto winners (who are never really into cars at all) buys a ferrari first. While more sensible enthusiasts would go for the Porsche, IMO. Don't take it wrong, the Ferrari IS a nice car and some owners are REALLY good drivers. (but how many enzos have been crashed lately )

but i guess that's one of the reasons why celebrity car nuts like Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno has NEVER owned a ferrari (at least, that's what wiki says). NOTHING BEATS GERMAN AUTO ENGINEERING . Porsche racing history speaks for itself....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    how about lamborghini or maseratti?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But there aren't any Ferrari priced Porsches, are there?

Kinda hard to compare... Ferraris are out and out supercars, while Porsches are regarded as the ultimate sportscar.

Ferraris may have that "Italian temper", yes, but they have the ultimate in handling and balance, and you have to go really fast to upset one.

Porsches are the real wild childs. The rear engine rear wheel drive configuration of the 911 is about as stable as an F16 fighter jet, and yet, in the current incarnations, it actually works... but it's still a car that you have to drive differently, one that challenges you for control. The Porsche Boxster /Cayman is more like a Ferrari, more poised, more balanced. The AWD 911 versions are a bit too sure-footed to excite as much as the rear-wheel drive ones.

Why, do you guys ask, do people drool over Porsches? Because they're special... learning to thread the needle, driving a Porsche gut-wrenchingly fast, is about as easy as performing open-heart surgery while hanging upside down... mastering the surreal driving dynamics of a rear-engined Porsche racing car is a dream for many aspiring trackmeisters.

If I really had the choice, I'd go for a Ferrari F40 (but they don't make it anymore, and I can't afford one) or a 993 911 Turbo... a real hairy-chested car...

But since that's also out of the question, and we're talking dealer-sold cars, give me a Porsche GT3RS... I'd like to think I'm hardcore enough to handle one... :evil:

EDIT: Sorry for the huge pic... replaced it...
    Last edited by niky; November 28th, 2006 at 08:05 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    If I am the owner of Shell, I would go for Ferrari. The 2.5km/l mileage of Ferrari is killing me already + the price itself(Ferrari). I'll vote for porsche, I like the simplicity of it.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Porsche or Ferrari? which is for you?