New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OniLord View Post
    our 08 avanza 1.3j has 3rd row seats... it's very boring to drive and lagi ako namamatayan sa stoplight pag nag green light nung bagong kuha pa yung kotse.. hehehe.. sanayan lang siguro.. pero very economical talaga sya... at until now wala pa major repair, basta alaga sa change oil, oil filter etc..
    Its different with the previous gen. Prev gen avanza there is a 1.3 Base which comes in white only (for taxi purposes only), steel rims with no hubcaps. 1.3J comes in more colors (red, beige, silver) and has third row seats + steel rims w/ hubcaps. Then its straight to 1.5G

Starting with the 2012 new body. 1.3J takes the place of the prev gen 1.3 base but comes in more color choices. 1.3E takes the place of the prev gen 1.3J but with more power features, A/T option and mag wheels. 1.5G is still the same (features) as the prev gen 1.5G

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrop View Post
    Hi Sirs/Mam,

We are thinking of replacing our 2011 Sportivo A/T.
    We are torn between the Avanza and APV.
    Our priority right now is right comfort but still economical.
    We are a family of 6 so we think that these two vehicle fits our needs.

The Avanza has a 1.3L engine and produce 90hp while the APV is a 1.6L engine and produce 91hp.
    I'm not sure if these figures are correct? Does it mean that the 1.3L and 1.6L has the same fuel consumption?
    How about the ride comfort are they the same? We have one elderly (lola) that have undergone hip surgery so
    we hoping that the vehicle could lessen the feel of the bumps as much as possible.

Sorry for the noob questions and more power to tsikot
    Avanza na lang pero for me stay na lang ako sa sportivo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thank you so much for the share...
    Another question though... The Avanza has a ground clearance of 200mm while the APV is 175mm...
    Does that mean Avanza is more flood capable than the APV?
    I have heard a rumor that the APV is unstable when being driven in high speeds specifically in NLEX did you encounter this?

Unfortunately, I think the 1.5L version is no longer within the budget
    Ground clearance means nothing when it comes to flood fording ability. What you want is to find out how high the air intake is. I don't recall where the APV intake is, however... I think it might be in the driver's door pillar.

If flood fording is a priority, I'd rather get a slightly used Crosswind or Adventure than either of these two. Diesel engines both with higher air intake height and clearance.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hi Sirs/Mam,

We are thinking of replacing our 2011 Sportivo A/T.
    We are torn between the Avanza and APV.
    Our priority right now is right comfort but still economical.
    We are a family of 6 so we think that these two vehicle fits our needs.

The Avanza has a 1.3L engine and produce 90hp while the APV is a 1.6L engine and produce 91hp.
    I'm not sure if these figures are correct? Does it mean that the 1.3L and 1.6L has the same fuel consumption?
    How about the ride comfort are they the same? We have one elderly (lola) that have undergone hip surgery so
    we hoping that the vehicle could lessen the feel of the bumps as much as possible.

Sorry for the noob questions and more power to tsikot
    Why replace the sportivo in the first place? The sportivo seems perfect for all your requirements

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Why replace the sportivo in the first place? The sportivo seems perfect for all your requirements
    Actually, except for being a smoke-belching cop magnet, the Sportivo is 100% better than either of the smaller vans.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Your Sportivo is way better than the Avanza and the APV.

Anyway, I'll choose the APV. Avanza's 3rd row (2nd Gen G variant) is a big joke. Tried on our neighbor's and sobrang sikip considering I'm only 5'6" (medium built).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hindi kaya underpowered yung Avanza kapag full pax making it guzzle gas even worse than an APV GA (full also) ? Kasi yung APV is 1.6L while the Avanza J is just 1.3L

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When it's full, it's not much better, but it's still better. The APV uses an ancient SOHC 1.6 and the transmission isn't very efficient.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    stick with your sportivo na lang. way much better than avanza/ APV.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd stick with the Sportivo too versus the Avanza/APV but if i have to choose between the 1.3L Avanza and the APV m/t, APV for me as it has much more useable space.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast