New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi Sirs/Mam,

We are thinking of replacing our 2011 Sportivo A/T.
    We are torn between the Avanza and APV.
    Our priority right now is right comfort but still economical.
    We are a family of 6 so we think that these two vehicle fits our needs.

The Avanza has a 1.3L engine and produce 90hp while the APV is a 1.6L engine and produce 91hp.
    I'm not sure if these figures are correct? Does it mean that the 1.3L and 1.6L has the same fuel consumption?
    How about the ride comfort are they the same? We have one elderly (lola) that have undergone hip surgery so
    we hoping that the vehicle could lessen the feel of the bumps as much as possible.

Sorry for the noob questions and more power to tsikot

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In terms of space, especially for 6-passengers, the APV interior is pretty good versus the Avanza (at 6ft, i was able to hack it at the rearmost seat of our office-issued APV to and from Dagupan).

In terms of economy, i'm not familiar with the APV m/t but the a/t version is a guzzler that does 5-6km/L. Highway driving is only slightly better. It still can climb.

If i was likewise getting an Avanza, i'd spring more for the 1.5L version if possible.

When resale time comes, the Avanza has the edge though...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    avanza J has no 3rd row seat. so it's just a 5 seater

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Avanza is more economical. The APV's economy is just okay with a manual, but terrible with an automatic.

The Avanza has a better driving position, but I like the rear seats of the APV more.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    avanza J has no 3rd row seat. so it's just a 5 seater
    Based on this site the avanza J has a 3rd row seat...
    http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/ToyotaAvanza.html

Not sure if this is updated though...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    In terms of space, especially for 6-passengers, the APV interior is pretty good versus the Avanza (at 6ft, i was able to hack it at the rearmost seat of our office-issued APV to and from Dagupan).

In terms of economy, i'm not familiar with the APV m/t but the a/t version is a guzzler that does 5-6km/L. Highway driving is only slightly better. It still can climb.

If i was likewise getting an Avanza, i'd spring more for the 1.5L version if possible.

When resale time comes, the Avanza has the edge though...
    Thank you so much for the share...
    Another question though... The Avanza has a ground clearance of 200mm while the APV is 175mm...
    Does that mean Avanza is more flood capable than the APV?
    I have heard a rumor that the APV is unstable when being driven in high speeds specifically in NLEX did you encounter this?

Unfortunately, I think the 1.5L version is no longer within the budget

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    sir, it says, rear 2 - none. pero sa pagkakaalam ko pwede palagyan. anyway, i'll pick avanza over apv

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    our 08 avanza 1.3j has 3rd row seats... it's very boring to drive and lagi ako namamatayan sa stoplight pag nag green light nung bagong kuha pa yung kotse.. hehehe.. sanayan lang siguro.. pero very economical talaga sya... at until now wala pa major repair, basta alaga sa change oil, oil filter etc..

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrop View Post
    Based on this site the avanza J has a 3rd row seat...
    http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/ToyotaAvanza.html

Not sure if this is updated though...
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    sir, it says, rear 2 - none. pero sa pagkakaalam ko pwede palagyan. anyway, i'll pick avanza over apv

Avanza 1.3 J has definitely NO third row seats.

One thing nice about the 1.3J is that it now comes in many colors (gray, silver, white, beige, etc)

This is a 1.5G and it comes with the third row seats. The same with 1.3E

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Since wala naman palang 3rd row, Suzuki APV GA nalang. At least, kahit medyo hindi maganda, no need maging sardinas sa loob ng kotse.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast