New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    If you were me, which would you choose?

The purpose is it will be an alternative car of my wife and it must be compact with a length of 3.5m to be able to fit in my garage, she doesn't need space after all, her car is a picanto now she wants a little bit bigger that can conquer flood and she doesn't want being intimidated or bullied anymore by big cars but however I also want thrifty car that's why I'm considering brand new Eon and of course it has no headaches for being a brand new. Budget is 300k for Jimny model 02 to 04(if lucky enough) and 450k for Eon.

Eventually this car will be handed over to my son. Can you guys help me out?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Jimny is very uncomfortable to drive everyday. Also the Jimny is not a fuel efficient car. It is a surprisingly good offroad vehicle.

The Hyundai EON is your better choice.

But if you want a bigger car than your current Picanto, the EON is roughly the same size. So you might have an issue there.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'll go with the Jimny.

At least there's something bigger your wife can bring when the rainy season comes in. I believe mas confident siya sa baha when she's on a Jimny than on an Eon, and besides.. there's not much of an upgrade when you go with the Eon other than claiming it's a newly bought brand new vehicle.

Though you may have a hard time finding a 2nd hand Jimny. One more to point out is matagtag yung Jimny than the Eon or the Picanto, definitely.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ok na kay misis ang manual? kala ko matic gusto? avanza matic na lang! hhehehe

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    When I tried the Jimny a few months back, I felt that it wasn't a car for everyone - it's a quirky car definitely. It's high center of gravity means that it's prone to body roll even at low speeds, and it's ladder-on-frame chassis wasn't really meant to be comfortable. But I like it - I like the fact that it's a no-frills SUV that you can take with you almost anywhere. Not sure though if that's a compelling argument for your wife.

Also, the Jimny measures in at 3.65M in length, so if your garage is really only 3.5M in length, even this won't fit. The Eon will be a snug fit too, since that measures just 5 mm short of 3.5M.

If pwede naman mas mahaba sa 3.5M yung kotse, ok sana yung Yaris kaso mahal 'to sa secondhand market, at least compared to its Vios cousin (which is even longer since it's a sedan).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the Picanto fits, either will fit.

No point really in getting the Eon, since you have an older Picanto. The Eon has more legroom, but it's narrower.

The Jimny is less comfortable, has less cargo space, and is much less economical than an Eon.

If you find a secondhand MT in good condition... DO IT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    *GH - no issue with the size since we want as compact as possible to save gas, I really like the exterior looks of eon not like its contender alto.

*renzo: - there was an incident that her picanto almost drowned during flash flood thats why she wants taller car.

*qwerty - sabi nya kaya nya manual kasi manual pinag-aralan nya... eh di pag di nya kaya akin nalang gawin kong proj offroader car yung jimny hehe... di kasya avanza sa garahe pati budget eh, pero yan gusto nya.

*Jut703 - kasya jimny yung yaris hindi

*niky - still can't find my luck, it has to be slightly used, engine in good shape no leaks and came from direct owner (not dealer)

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    palakihin ang garahe!! o kaya bawasan ang sasakyan hehehehe.. bigay mo na lang sa kanya yung fort..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    During a ust flash flood, the jimny was parked next to a late model benz. When the water level went down, we drove the jimny home with no problems and no water intrusion.

The benz went home on a flatbed truck.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    kung sa wife mo bigyan mo ng mataas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2nd hand Jimny M/T or Brand new Hyundai Eon