New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Hi Tsikoteers,

I hope you can help me decide. I know this group would be biased towards Hilux but I would still appreciate your honest opinion.

I also know you can't get all favorable features sa isang choice pero I would consider a good compromise.

Eto po yung paggagamitan at considerations ko in purchasing pickup.
    • This will be my daily driver, replacing my current sedan Nissan Sylphy which has 11km/liter consumption on a 15km/h average speed. First time to purchase pickup so I'm interested kung ano yung consumption niya.
    • 80% of the time nasa cemented or paved road ang tatakbuhan but would definitely consider peace of mind na alam ko kakayanin mga akyatan and would stand a rough road.
    • I'm starting out a family (no kids yet) and will be moving out soon once na naturn-over na yung bahay namin. So hauling and cargo is important on the early stages.
    • I would want to keep it for at least 10 years sana so reliability and parts availability is also vital.
    • Medyo mahal yung uutangin so maintenance cost will also be an important consideration.
    • Plus factor pag naka leather seats na siya pero I would consider fabric seats if you can recommend a shop na nag reretrofit ng leather seats. Ang init kasi ng faux leather seat covers.

Also, please suggest ano ang necessary aftermarket upgrades at yung papogi para masabihan agad si misis hahaha!
    Salamat po.

P.S. May Navara VL po ako nilagay kasi at same price range lang din sila ni Hilux at Ranger na AT 4x2. Kung may ibang suggestion kayo paki lagay nalang at ng reason. Ayoko na po sa Manual, masakit na sa tuhod. Although hanep yung manual transmission ng Hilux, ganda ng short throws.

Toyota Hilux Conquest 4x2 AT
    Ranger 2.0L Wildtrak 4x2 AT
    Mitsubishi Strada GLS 4x2 AT
    Isuzu D-Max 3.0L LS-A 4x2 AT
    Nissan Navara El Calibre 4x2 AT
    Nissan Navara VL 4x4 AT

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Isuzu will probably release the new dmax in 10-20months..

I wouldnt get the old gen...

Short list ... dont list all lol

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dplgngr View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers,

I hope you can help me decide. I know this group would be biased towards Hilux but I would still appreciate your honest opinion.

I also know you can't get all favorable features sa isang choice pero I would consider a good compromise.

• This will be my daily driver, replacing my current sedan Nissan Sylphy which has 11km/liter consumption on a 15km/h average speed. First time to purchase pickup so I'm interested kung ano yung consumption niya.
    • 80% of the time nasa cemented or paved road ang tatakbuhan but would definitely consider peace of mind na alam ko kakayanin mga akyatan and would stand a rough road.
    • I'm starting out a family (no kids yet) and will be moving out soon once na naturn-over na yung bahay namin. So hauling and cargo is important on the early stages.
    • I would want to keep it for at least 10 years sana so reliability and parts availability is also vital.
    • Medyo mahal yung uutangin so maintenance cost will also be an important consideration.
    • Plus factor pag naka leather seats na siya pero I would consider fabric seats if you can recommend a shop na nag reretrofit ng leather seats. Ang init kasi ng faux leather seat covers.

Also, please suggest ano ang necessary aftermarket upgrades at yung papogi para masabihan agad si misis hahaha!
    Salamat po.

P.S. May Navara VL po ako nilagay kasi at same price range lang din sila ni Hilux at Ranger na AT 4x2. Kung may ibang suggestion kayo paki lagay nalang at ng reason.

Nissan Navara VL 4x4 AT
    This is a timely thread for me. Planning of getting a Pick Up as my next ride maybe in 9months. Same as TS it’ll be my first time to drive and own a Pick Up and a diesel engined vehicle.

Leaning towards Toyota Hilux 4x2 MT, Nissan Navarra Calibre 4x2 MT.

Want to see as well the new Isuzu/Mazda pick up, if launched within the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Isuzu will probably release the new dmax in 10-20months..

I wouldnt get the old gen...

Short list ... dont list all lol
    Yun nga eh nahihirapan akong gumawa ng shortlist.

Nakapag visit naman ako sa mga dealers at nakita ko na in person, di pa lang nga na test drive. Siguro lagay ko nalang yung points na nagustuhan ko on each.
    • Toyota Hilux Conquest 4x2 AT - Upsides: Reliability and parts availability. Pogi yung all black. Downsides: No leather seats. On the edge of my budget. Terrible infotainment system. No
    • Ranger 2.0L Wildtrak 4x2 AT - Upsides: Pogi. Infotainment. Leather seats. 6 Airbags. Downsides: On the edge of my budget. Maintenance cost and reliability? Actuator problems.
    • Mitsubishi Strada GLS 4x2 AT - Upsides: On the affordable side. Pogi din na futuristic look. Downsides: No leather seats.
    • Isuzu D-Max 3.0L LS-A 4x2 AT - Upsides: On the affordable side. Leather seats. Downsides: Medyo bland yung interior. Upcoming 2020 Dmax.
    • Nissan Navara El Calibre 4x2 AT - Upsides: On the affordable side. Aircon. Marami na siguro parts kasi andami na sa road. Riding comfort. Downsides: No leather seats. No bedliner.
    • Nissan Navara VL 4x4 AT - Upsides: 4x4. Halos same lang ng presyo sa Ranger at Conquest. Aircon. Fully loaded na features kasi TOL na. Marami na siguro parts kasi andami na sa road. Riding comfort. Downsides: 4x4, baka matakaw sa fuel consumption.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dplgngr View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers,

Salamat po.

P.S. May Navara VL po ako nilagay kasi at same price range lang din sila ni Hilux at Ranger na AT 4x2. Kung may ibang suggestion kayo paki lagay nalang at ng reason.

Nissan Navara VL 4x4 AT
    Well, if I were in your shoes, I would personally remove the Ranger and DMax from the start.

- Ranger may be good from the start fresh from the dealer, but maintenance is another issue altogether with Ford Service. You may be able to buy parts outside like from shops like MazFord etc, but since you mentioned reliability at top with 10 years being the minimum timeline, I would say this places the Ford in not as favorable positioning given the issues casa serviced Ranger have been posted just here.

- DMAX is older and you won't really need the 3.0 engine plus it is an older design. It will be reliable, but may be overkill for your needs.

So among the remaining contenders, I'd say the Hilux and Navara are the front runner picks.

I'd personally pick the Navara Calibre as it is cheaper than the Hilux by around 200k php given that budget is tight/saving up still. I wouldn't want to overburden the finances if this is the case. And you could use the extra funds you save from the Conquest for maintenance costs and accessory upgrades should you choose from the beginning or at a later date.

However, if the Hulix comes with a good discount that makes the price difference to only around 100k php, then I'd say go with the Hilux.

Brother owns a Hilux 2.4G A/T. I also recommended to get the Navara instead and use the php savings for upgrades if he really wanted to spruce/butch the car up more but he just likes the "T" badge a lot. He has an Altis and Fort already so the brand loyalty runs through his blood really well. hehe! =)

You can't go wrong with either if you were to ask me. Just not sure with the Navara concern about the Rear Axle Seal posted by some owners here.

For the Strada, well, I'm not personally a fan of the exterior and it is the smaller of the three.. I recall it had the shortest bed if you compare them but if you like it more, then it is a Mitsubishi sharing parts with the Montero. I don't think it will be an issue when it comes to repairs.

EDIT: Manual yung Sylphy mo ba? Kasi kahit 15kmph, di ako umaabot ng 11km/l. hehe! 1.6CVT akin. =)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Well, if I were in your shoes, I would personally remove the Ranger and DMax from the start.

- Ranger may be good from the start fresh from the dealer, but maintenance is another issue altogether with Ford Service. You may be able to buy parts outside like from shops like MazFord etc, but since you mentioned reliability at top with 10 years being the minimum timeline, I would say this places the Ford in not as favorable positioning given the issues casa serviced Ranger have been posted just here.

- DMAX is older and you won't really need the 3.0 engine plus it is an older design. It will be reliable, but may be overkill for your needs.

So among the remaining contenders, I'd say the Hilux and Navara are the front runner picks.

I'd personally pick the Navara Calibre as it is cheaper than the Hilux by around 200k php given that budget is tight/saving up still. I wouldn't want to overburden the finances if this is the case. And you could use the extra funds you save from the Conquest for maintenance costs and accessory upgrades should you choose from the beginning or at a later date.

However, if the Hulix comes with a good discount that makes the price difference to only around 100k php, then I'd say go with the Hilux.

Brother owns a Hilux 2.4G A/T. I also recommended to get the Navara instead and use the php savings for upgrades if he really wanted to spruce/butch the car up more but he just likes the "T" badge a lot. He has an Altis and Fort already so the brand loyalty runs through his blood really well. hehe! =)

You can't go wrong with either if you were to ask me. Just not sure with the Navara concern about the Rear Axle Seal posted by some owners here.

For the Strada, well, I'm not personally a fan of the exterior and it is the smaller of the three.. I recall it had the shortest bed if you compare them but if you like it more, then it is a Mitsubishi sharing parts with the Montero. I don't think it will be an issue when it comes to repairs.
    You can upgrade the hilux suspensions.. the nissans steering cant be upgraded.. that's the only issue I see with nissan. Hilux din ako..and 2nd would be the new dmax..

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    You can upgrade the hilux suspensions.. the nissans steering cant be upgraded.. that's the only issue I see with nissan. Hilux din ako..and 2nd would be the new dmax..
    Ah, kung andiyan yung new DMAX, yes. I agree. Sa Hilux, ang only contention ko talaga is the higher price vs competition. Kaya kung maganda lang discount then Hilux ang #1 pick again, wala na second thoughts. =)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I had a 2012 XLT and sold it November of 2019. I did not experienced any major problem aside from the rear power window and hazard button, but I have it fixed before selling it.

During the 1st 3yrs it's CASA maintained w/c probably averages around 16k every PMS. After the warranty, since my ranger is low mileage 35k km when I sold it, I just have it serviced at SHELL which costs me around 7K pesos for every change oil (FULLY SYNTHETIC) and that's just once a year. I'm quite satisfied with its performance even with a 2.2 displacement, that's also the reason why I replaced it with a Ranger as well but with a 3.2 displacement. Now, my 3.2 is more than 2 years already and I'm still is very much satisfied and I don't have any regrets of buying another ranger as a replacement.

Interior and Exterior looks and quality plus creature comforts was also the main reason I prefer the ranger over the other brands.

I haven't driven the rest on your list, so Goodluck on your choice!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    If i will buy a pick-up hilux will be my #1 choice.. classic design and that T badge! Kahit yung review sa australia ng mga pick up toyota has the highest resale value... kasi matibay talaga.. pero mitsubishi triton yata ang choice nila based on points.. engine and transmission durability.. ang problema nila sa strada yung position ng axle relative to the truck bed.. wala sa gitna kaya prone daw mag break yung chassis kung palaging heavy load.. pero kung daily and slight truck duty panalo ang strada

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast