New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    If i will buy a pick-up hilux will be my #1 choice.. classic design and that T badge! Kahit yung review sa australia ng mga pick up toyota has the highest resale value... kasi matibay talaga.. pero mitsubishi triton yata ang choice nila based on points.. engine and transmission durability.. ang problema nila sa strada yung position ng axle relative to the truck bed.. wala sa gitna kaya prone daw mag break yung chassis kung palaging heavy load.. pero kung daily and slight truck duty panalo ang strada
    Top selling pick in AU is Hilux and Ranger with 47,649 and 40,960 respectively. The best 4x4 dual cab pickup is Ranger.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dplgngr View Post
    Do you have any specific reasons attorney?
    Not being biased, since i have no Hilux. I dream of owning a pick up someday though.hehehe

But, some of my friends do have the hilux. some are already packing up miles with no problems at all. Around 150,000 kilometers still no problem.

One also have a Toyota Conquest with 40,000 kilometers and it is a 1 year old car.

The hilux can withstand daily used as well as abused. One of your consideration is that you would keep it for at least 10 years and the parts should be reliable and available. Then the answer is the Hilux.

No comment ako sa Navara since, i have a friend who owns one pero bago pa.hehehe so yun.

It is bulletproof. same sa innova, since the innova has the same IMV platform with the Hilux.

Upgrade2 nalang if budget permits para ma address yung tagtag issues. just my two cents though. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by atty.cadmus View Post
    Not being biased, since i have no Hilux. I dream of owning a pick up someday though.hehehe

But, some of my friends do have the hilux. some are already packing up miles with no problems at all. Around 150,000 kilometers still no problem.

One also have a Toyota Conquest with 40,000 kilometers and it is a 1 year old car.

The hilux can withstand daily used as well as abused. One of your consideration is that you would keep it for at least 10 years and the parts should be reliable and available. Then the answer is the Hilux.

No comment ako sa Navara since, i have a friend who owns one pero bago pa.hehehe so yun.

It is bulletproof. same sa innova, since the innova has the same IMV platform with the Hilux.

Upgrade2 nalang if budget permits para ma address yung tagtag issues. just my two cents though. hehehe
    Thanks for your added input attorney. Well appreciated!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Thanks for your added input attorney. Well appreciated!
    goodluck sa pagpili sir.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Hi Tsikoteers,

I hope you can help me decide. I know this group would be biased towards Hilux but I would still appreciate your honest opinion.

I also know you can't get all favorable features sa isang choice pero I would consider a good compromise.

Eto po yung paggagamitan at considerations ko in purchasing pickup.
    • This will be my daily driver, replacing my current sedan Nissan Sylphy which has 11km/liter consumption on a 15km/h average speed. First time to purchase pickup so I'm interested kung ano yung consumption niya.
    • 80% of the time nasa cemented or paved road ang tatakbuhan but would definitely consider peace of mind na alam ko kakayanin mga akyatan and would stand a rough road.
    • I'm starting out a family (no kids yet) and will be moving out soon once na naturn-over na yung bahay namin. So hauling and cargo is important on the early stages.
    • I would want to keep it for at least 10 years sana so reliability and parts availability is also vital.
    • Medyo mahal yung uutangin so maintenance cost will also be an important consideration.
    • Plus factor pag naka leather seats na siya pero I would consider fabric seats if you can recommend a shop na nag reretrofit ng leather seats. Ang init kasi ng faux leather seat covers.

Also, please suggest ano ang necessary aftermarket upgrades at yung papogi para masabihan agad si misis hahaha!
    Salamat po.

P.S. May Navara VL po ako nilagay kasi at same price range lang din sila ni Hilux at Ranger na AT 4x2. Kung may ibang suggestion kayo paki lagay nalang at ng reason. Ayoko na po sa Manual, masakit na sa tuhod. Although hanep yung manual transmission ng Hilux, ganda ng short throws.

Toyota Hilux Conquest 4x2 AT
    Ranger 2.0L Wildtrak 4x2 AT
    Mitsubishi Strada GLS 4x2 AT
    Isuzu D-Max 3.0L LS-A 4x2 AT
    Nissan Navara El Calibre 4x2 AT
    Nissan Navara VL 4x4 AT
    I tested all except the VL 4x4and i found the Ranger the best in this segment when it comes to ride quality and features. Second is the strada. Third is a toss between the navarra and dmax. But at the end of the day, I opted for the Strada GT, had it lifted. 2 inch suspension lift and 2 inch body lift coupled it with cooper discoverer stt pro 295/70/r17 tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi Tsikoteers,

Eto po yung paggagamitan at considerations ko in purchasing pickup.
    • This will be my daily driver, replacing my current sedan Nissan Sylphy which has 11km/liter consumption on a 15km/h average speed. First time to purchase pickup so I'm interested kung ano yung consumption niya.
    • 80% of the time nasa cemented or paved road ang tatakbuhan but would definitely consider peace of mind na alam ko kakayanin mga akyatan and would stand a rough road.
    • I'm starting out a family (no kids yet) and will be moving out soon once na naturn-over na yung bahay namin. So hauling and cargo is important on the early stages.
    • I would want to keep it for at least 10 years sana so reliability and parts availability is also vital.
    • Medyo mahal yung uutangin so maintenance cost will also be an important consideration.
    • Plus factor pag naka leather seats na siya pero I would consider fabric seats if you can recommend a shop na nag reretrofit ng leather seats. Ang init kasi ng faux leather seat covers.

Also, please suggest ano ang necessary aftermarket upgrades at yung papogi para masabihan agad si misis hahaha!
    Salamat po.

P.S. May Navara VL po ako nilagay kasi at same price range lang din sila ni Hilux at Ranger na AT 4x2. Kung may ibang suggestion kayo paki lagay nalang at ng reason. Ayoko na po sa Manual, masakit na sa tuhod. Although hanep yung manual transmission ng Hilux, ganda ng short throws.

Toyota Hilux Conquest 4x2 AT
    Ranger 2.0L Wildtrak 4x2 AT
    Mitsubishi Strada GLS 4x2 AT
    Isuzu D-Max 3.0L LS-A 4x2 AT
    Nissan Navara El Calibre 4x2 AT
    Nissan Navara VL 4x4 AT

I would scratch out the Ranger and the NIssans in your list. My Family had owned several vehicles thru the years with one uncle maintaining an autoshop. The other brands are ok until parts breakdown and that you will come to understand who is king in reliability. The Fords and the Nissans are a headache when it comes to repairing their mechanical and non-mechanical issues esp with parts availability (ie parts mounting are different for different model era unlike Toyota). with Aftermarket support, Toyota is number one on the list, just look at the Australian aftermarket brands (ARB, OME, Ironman, TJM, Toughdog, Dobinson's, etc). This plethora of products from down under have all their parts avail even with the old model toyotas. I cant say this with other car brands. The only problem I see with Toyota (any toyota model) is their ubiquity probably because of their time-tested reliability...
    But still at the end of the day, it is your hard-earned money's worth so it is clear u know who is who, so listen to what your heart wants and go for it...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Reliability is not the only metric, otherwise why not settle for a dump truck which is arguably more reliable than a pickup truck. In the pickup segment, especially in the lower variants, Toyota scrimps on many things. Most 4x2s of the brands you mentioned (except Toyota) already have the bells and whistles of their 4x4 counterparts.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I'll choose either Hilux Conquest or Strada.
    IMO Toyota's D4D era of Hilux, Innova, Fortuner and Hiace are bulletproof. Kahit matakbo basta regular maintenance you'll have no problem

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Why not consider getting the Hilux G 4x2 a/t? The non-conquest Hilux G.
    I'll choose the G over the conquest

10. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Why not consider getting the Hilux G 4x2 a/t? The non-conquest Hilux G.
    I'll choose the G over the conquest
    Same here. Conquest badging is just another marketing ploy.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast