New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    power to weight ratio? gearing? what factor?
    Here we go again with racing pick-ups.

Seems like your choice goes with the Strada.

Search more about the maintenance costs, probably it's because Mitsubishi requires their Strada under a good watch by sticking to one brand of oil. Also ask if Mitsubishi Davao allows you to bring your own oil etc.

My friend says that maintaining the Strada 2.5L is not that far off from maintaining a Ford Everest. Both service either CDO or Davao.

As for the space, how much are you actually going to carry? If you need extra, why not add this accessory to your budget?
    stra-bed-extender.jpg
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My issue is that this still doesn't solve the soft suspension issue. But then, how much of an issue that will be depends on the typical load. If it's just plants and the odd load of light lumber, no problem. If it's a few dozen sacks of rice... big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    power to weight ratio? gearing? what factor?
    Lack of low-end torque on the Navara. Despite the on-paper stats, it takes a while for the high-trim VGT to kick in. But the Strada is much faster than either and only lacks a bit of punch below 2,500 rpm. The Ranger makes power everywhere, but is a bit breathless compared to the other two at high rpms. The 5-speed automatic is freaking excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Here we go again with racing pick-ups.
    Sorry, every time I hear "Ranger" and "4x4" in the same sentence, I start to think of donuts. I really wish I had bought that secondhand 3.0 Ranger at that Ford factory sale a few years ago... ...some politico's secretary beat me to the sale.
    Last edited by niky; April 10th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mitsubishi Davao (Kar Asia) allows client to bring own oil and original parts.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hey guys! My needs have suddenly changed abit.

-The terrain that i will frequent is mostly rocky than muddy so will not need 4x4 anymore. So GOOD SUSPENSION is a must.

-HUGE cargo bed space and weight limit. 800-1000 KG would be AWESOME!

-a good split over family and farming use. So LEG ROOM and COMFY BACKSEAT is a good plus!

-not too expensive to maintain.

- must not be a DMAX (preference thing)

im thinking HILUX >= (2012, 2011 trekker, or wildrak ?)RANGER > STRADA >= NAVARA ?

please share your opinion

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerpanda View Post
    Hey guys! My needs have suddenly changed abit.

-The terrain that i will frequent is mostly rocky than muddy so will not need 4x4 anymore. So GOOD SUSPENSION is a must.

-HUGE cargo bed space and weight limit. 800-1000 KG would be AWESOME!

-a good split over family and farming use. So LEG ROOM and COMFY BACKSEAT is a good plus!

-not too expensive to maintain.

- must not be a DMAX (preference thing)

im thinking HILUX >= (2012, 2011 trekker, or wildrak ?)RANGER > STRADA >= NAVARA ?

please share your opinion
    A suspension that doesn't complain? I don't know... Probably a Hilux.

I heard a fleet of Ranger owned by the Bukidnon Province are now screaming for suspension part replacement. It's less than 3 years old of duty. I don't know the odometer reading of these trucks.

Pero to be honest. Buy something like this for farm duty.

Tapos the remaining would be nice sedan or a hatchback. hmmm...

But overall for your your needs, Strada would be the best. It' suits the needs kasi 1045kgs ang load capacity nya.
    Expensive to maintain ang Nissan imho.
    The new Hilux would be a trade off in both maintenance. Legroom is generous too. And that bed has one of the biggest in the batch.

Alam mo farmerpanda, test drive mo nalang tanan pick-ups sa dealerships. I think tanan man gud mag meet sa imo needs, it's just how the truck will make you happy for its service life. Visit dealerships and include questions about the maintenance cost. May papel yan sila about prices of PMS. Bring it home, tapos research it there.
    Last edited by drey; April 12th, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Wala akong pickup but My vote goes to Hilux. Yung photo sa taas yan ang model sa Malaysia nung araw na nadun pa ako nagtatrabaho. Tough as nails, go anywhere, load anything. Good looking, too.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Natawa ako jan ah. Must not be a D-Max. Eh yun naman kasi ang one of the most economical and tough trucks available. Also, if I remember right, it is the only pickup that offers a 3.0L engine with a 4x2 configuration. But then since ayaw mo, I'd suggest the old Ranger 2.5TDCi. Since the new one's coming in July, they'd be giving attractive deals with this one. I'm having doubts still with the capabilities of the new one with the 2.2L engine. Since it's new, we don't know if it would be highly strung with its power delivery - sluggish at lower rpms, and fast in screaming high rpms like with the Navara. If you want a 4x2 pickup with good off roading capability, the Trekker is the one to get. It's good with water fording too since the ECU is waterproof. It also doesn't use the notoriously finicky Denso injection pumps found in the Toyota KD engines. It's a nice truck to have, that is if you are OK with the rear seat. The Hilux is only desirable in 3.0L form and then again, that'
    s only for the 4x4 variants. The 2.5L lacks power. Maganda parin sana ang 4x4 since nasa probinsya ka and you never know what will happen to the road conditions.
    Last edited by GTi; April 12th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    drey is correct, if you're open to 2nd hand vehicles then that particular hilux would suit you best.

pwede mo naman gastusin yung remaining to get you a different family vehicle, probably a sedan or an Innova

you get 2 cars for the price of 1, pa.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    drey is correct, if you're open to 2nd hand vehicles then that particular hilux would suit you best.

pwede mo naman gastusin yung remaining to get you a different family vehicle, probably a sedan or an Innova

That is assuming that you are able to find one. One with 4x4, in good condition, and selling for less than extremely unreasonable prices and also with the owner living somewhere near Davao.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Ang problema Renzo, mahirap mag hanap ng Hilux with low selling price.

Imagine, some are even selling their Hilux for half the price of a brand new one. Mag down ka nalang sa bago, hehe... I think the suspension and chassis will remain the same tough as nails. It's the denso-sourced injectors are really the question here.

BTW, I highly suggest you go with a 4x4 despite it's rocky etc. Under heavy load and off road using a 2WD vehicle, the transmission may feel strained hence shorter life. You'll also probably be using more power from the engine to gain momentum hence adding strain to the engine also.

If you have the 4X4, use 4Lo for rocky terrain and let the truck just crawl. Easy on the transmission, easy on the engine. You have better control.

Just my 2 cents. HTH.
    iam3739.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Pick-up suited for farming and everyday use.