New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi guys, i'm in the market for a new pick-up truck. I'm not really a big fan of cars nor and my knowledge about them is fairly limited. I am looking for a pick-up that would be most efficient for farming as well as lifestyle.

1. low-high offroading. from rocky to muddy terrain.
    2. cargo. sacks of fertilizers, seedlings, farming equipments, etc
    3. decent. will be used as family car also.
    4. fuel efficiency.
    5. soft/smooth ride.

Please indicate other important criteria that i am missing and pricing as well. Thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Uhm. The Mitsubishi Strada-V would suit your preferences best.

Pretty fast. Comfortable and has a relatively high ground clearance.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    that is actually one of my two choices. either navara brute or the strada gls-v 2.5L 4x4 MT.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Navara has a lower ground clearance vs. the Strada so it might not make a good offroad vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Strada would be the best among the pickups should you want it to be a family vehicle. However, since it focused more on cabin space, bed space has been reduced. If you will be maximizing the use of the pickup, I'd suggest you consider the Isuzu D-Max instead. For farm use, I believe this one would be the best choice. You get a good sized bed, lots of low end torque over a wide powerband and ridiculously good fuel efficiency even when compared to its 2.5L competitors.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    DMAX sir

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The Navara has a lower ground clearance vs. the Strada so it might not make a good offroad vehicle.
    For fuel efficiency, the Dmax also gets the vote.
    The Strada has a smaller bed but it offers family comfort and ease of maintenance parts (4D56 derived CRDi)
    The Hilux is too expensive.
    The Navarra parts can be quite expensive, low-ground clearance, bouncy ride but I think has the biggest bed capacity.
    The New Ranger is also coming this July. It has the biggest bed, smallest displacement yet yielding the same power of the bigger competitor engines. It's a 2.2 so you probably save more of motor oil but I don't think Ford PMS is also cheap.

1. low-high offroading. from rocky to muddy terrain. HILUX > RANGER > STRADA > DMAX > NAVARRA, my opinion
    2. cargo. sacks of fertilizers, seedlings, farming equipments, etc New Ranger > HILUX > DMAX > NAVARRA > Old RANGER > STRADA
    3. decent. will be used as family car also. STRADA > NAVARRA
    4. fuel efficiency.DMAX >/= New Ranger > STRADA, almost the same naman hehehe...
    5. soft/smooth ride. STRADA :bow:

My 2 cents
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    The Outgoing Ford Ranger na yan

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yeah, the new Ranger looks robust and tough. Not sure how comfortable is it, though. Yung current one kasi, or should I say previous, is not as comfortable as the Strada.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    The current (old) ranger is pretty much the same as the new one in terms of cabin space. Sobrang sikip po talaga, eh hindi nga ako maka sakay ng maayos sa likod eh! and im only 5'8.

Im leaning towards the strada 2.5L 4x4 MT because it is the best middle ground between workhorse and everyday use.
    Ive also driven one pero ung 3.2 model through both muddy and rocky terrain and it's a really nice ride.

the hilux and dmax is too bumpy for me, kahit kargado. even when driving, i feel nauseous. haha.

siguro nga i'll get the strada nalang. any pros and cons for the strada aside from the bed space (lack of it) ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Pick-up suited for farming and everyday use.