New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    haha. di naman mga sirs
    the reason im considering the 2012 2.5L Strada 4x4 MT is because it's the cheapest available 4x4 na comfortable ako sakyan. the interior is very nice and spacious. best of both worlds talaga.

i actually want to get the 3.0L Ranger 4x4 or the 2.5L Ranger Wildtrak. ang ayaw ko lang is the small cabin space but then again, hindi naman ako sasakay sa likod. so..... and there's a new model coming up and im reluctant kc baka mas maganda ung bago. hahahah.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ayun nga. You look very much impressed already with the Strada. But then the Ranger is an absolute workhorse, aside from the D-Max ito talaga ang da best for rural farmwork.

Might I suggest another route. Since pang harabas lang naman to and you have an over 1M budget, might I suggest you get a 2nd hand 4x4 Ranger TDCi like this one Ford Ranger Trekker 4X4 MT - 08 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph, and then spend the remaining on an AUV or passenger car.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    +1 on the above post, mukhang settled na nga si TS sa Strada.

*TS: If you are OK lang naman with the higher maintenance cost, smaller bed, and lesser off road capabilities of the Strada as compared to the others, then it may be that the Strada is really the one for you. Oh, and I have seen quite a number of smoky Montero Sport's, even with the newer VGT equipped variants. Haven't seen yet with the Strada, but that most probably means you have to be very religious with the maintenance.
    Dami na rin kaya Strada mausok.

I think it's really not the maintenance. A lot of CASA maintained MM vehicles have the same problem din.

Tyak na natural phenomenon lang talaga ng Mitsubishi 4D56 na mausok. hehehe....

BTW, the Strada has good off-road credentials. It may not be as good in fording like the Ranger and the suspension might be too soft for off-road duty, but the Easy Select or Super Select 4WD has proven itself to work its way. Add good tires, and improve your skills. I know, it's a performer.

4WD's are just tools. Parang camera or baril. It comes to the driver din naman. =)
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    im actually very finicky about buying 2nd hand vehicles. and it's hard to look for well maintained pick-ups nowadays. like you said, chances are, pinangharabas na rin nila ung sasakyan! hahahaha.

pero i like the idea ha. 2 cars for the price of one.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerpanda View Post
    im actually very finicky about buying 2nd hand vehicles. and it's hard to look for well maintained pick-ups nowadays. like you said, chances are, pinangharabas na rin nila ung sasakyan! hahahaha.

pero i like the idea ha. 2 cars for the price of one.
    Yes, and its basically the same as the new one! I actually like the face of this version better. If the pickup originates from Metro Manila and has reasonably low mileage, I'd be inclined to believe that it's used sparingly and just as a sort of lifestyle vehicle. And these cars are tough, a bit of use won't hurt a bit! Just go have a thorough fluid change and perhaps a full change of filters and I believe it'll run pretty much as good as new! Hell, it'll be even better than new since it's been broken-in already.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    the strada is a good choice

and there must be a good reason why the strada is CAGI's 2011-2012 best 4x2 and 4x4 pickup

a number of moderators here are part of that judging committee

it might be good for them to post the results and the vehicles being compared

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    cant go wrong naman with any of your choices, each truck has its own strong points imo.

^it'll be interesting to see the pool of trucks considered by CAGI and how did they come to that result (did they tried it on/offroad, was it based on sales etc)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    land rover.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Tyak na natural phenomenon lang talaga ng Mitsubishi 4D56 na mausok. hehehe....
    Mapa CRDi or Naturally Aspired mausok ang 4D56

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The smoke may be an EGR issue. Have heard complaints. But EGR valves are replaceable wear items, and not as expensive as fuel system parts.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Pick-up suited for farming and everyday use.