New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    I previously owned an Escape for 5 years, sold it and bought a Tucson... Walang naging major problem ang Escape, just minor and lately lang maingay na ung stab link... Mas maluwag ang cargo ng escape pero I think mas maluwag pa ng konti ung rear passenger legroom ng tucson... And mas comfy ang ride ng tucson.... Concern ko lang ngayon sa Escape may popular thread ngayon sa Escapezone na Nag stall ang Escape pag over 1 foot na baha... Meron daw air resonator located under the bumper dami ng may issue, luma o bago.. Sabi din ng friend ko sa insurance dami ring claim.... Dami ngang asar sa escapezone, sana lang maayos ng ford ito..
    Actually ito din concern ko sa Escape ko tuwing dinadaan ko sa baha. Although to the TS I would still recommend it. Just ask for discounts and freebies from your dealer.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    I checked the Kia website and it says there that the price of the Sportage "starts" at Php 1.158M. I'm not aware of the variants yet, but if there's an MT variant, this should be it. Would love to have this as one of the options but the AT variant will likely cost more than Php 1.158 (I'd be happy to be wrong about this ). But will check with the dealers na din, to be sure.
    The Sportage EX 2WD A/T is priced 1.158M. No M/T option. Yan yung base model palang pero yung features hindi pang base model.

Aside from the features that the Tucson GLS 2WD have, meron pa DRL, power retract side mirror, mud guards, iPod cable..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Kung lampas po ng konti sa budget niyo ang price ng isang sasakyan pero cash niyong kukunin, usually, natatawaran niyan. Itaon niyo rin pong bandang last week of the month kayo magbabayad kasi po yung mga ahente ay naghahabol ng quota sa mga panahon na iyan o kahit maka-isa lang para may benta sila. Yun nga lang, minsan depende rin po sa brand.

I'm considering paying in cash. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully, I will get a more substantial discount because of this. In that way, I can increase my budget a little to include the higher-end Tucson (Php 1.1M) and the Sportage as suggested by Starex_Gold.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Baliktad na ata sa panahon ngayon, pag financing ka mas malaki pwede ibigay na discount kasi pag cash definitely walang kikitain ang dealership

Pero nasa usapan yan between you and your agent

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Dami ngang asar sa escapezone, sana lang maayos ng ford ito..
    That's the same issue with the CR-V. The air intake snorkel is in the bumper under the headlight.

My take on it: If you flood your car because you don't know where the **** your air intake is, your own damn fault. And this is coming from someone who blew a Sentra engine in flood water. ( Dump truck coming the other way, bow wave pushed water into the snorkel).

When in doubt, don't. And you should always be in doubt.

The old Tucson, if I recall, had a hood level intake. The new one has it lower, with the box dipping below grille level.

None of these namby-pamby soft-roader crossovers are rated for water-fording, so you shouldn't actually drive them in a foot of water.

You don't buy a crossover to wade in floods. If you want a flood-worthy vehicle, you buy a pick-up truck or a true SUV. Or a Crosswind. Three feet of water? No problem-o.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky

That's the same issue with the CR-V. The air intake snorkel is in the bumper under the headlight.

My take on it: If you flood your car because you don't know where the **** your air intake is, your own damn fault. And this is coming from someone who blew a Sentra engine in flood water. ( Dump truck coming the other way, bow wave pushed water into the snorkel).

When in doubt, don't. And you should always be in doubt.

The old Tucson, if I recall, had a hood level intake. The new one has it lower, with the box dipping below grille level.

None of these namby-pamby soft-roader crossovers are rated for water-fording, so you shouldn't actually drive them in a foot of water.

You don't buy a crossover to wade in floods. If you want a flood-worthy vehicle, you buy a pick-up truck or a true SUV. Or a Crosswind. Three feet of water? No problem-o.
    Ako rin di ko alam location nyan before sa Escape but in 5 years use, di rin malakas loob ko isuong sa baha hehehehe, pag more than a foot? Takot nako dyan..hehehee...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Onga eh, nahalata ko lang, the Escape is not good in floodwater fording. Which is perhaps why when Ford was showcasing the Escape's offroading capabilities with Beeboy Vargas, they ran it in everything the Ranger went through except the deep water crossings. Natirik yung '03 Escape namin once malapit sa may Dapitan. It seems that my aunt was too much in a hurry to get home and the engine sucked in water...

I'm now leaning towards the Tucson GL.

If I can swing it, I will try for the GLS or the Sportage.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Baliktad na ata sa panahon ngayon, pag financing ka mas malaki pwede ibigay na discount kasi pag cash definitely walang kikitain ang dealership
    You're right! Made a query kanina with both Kia and Hyundai. Very negligible to none ang discount pag cash. Sa Kia, halos walang freebies pa. Darn it.

It looks like if I want either the GLS or the Sportage, I need to cough up 200K more

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yun Tucson iX hood level parin ang air intake. Pati Sportage R.

I remember more than 1 foot yun nadaanan kong flood noon using the iX. It seems fine umabot ata sa fogs yung flood.

We got a pretty good deal dun sa Sportage, kaso financing. Kung gusto mo i-finance mo nalang yung kulang.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Php 1M: Tucson, Escape, Focus, Mazda 3?