New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    city, I don't know why nissan has very low resale value sa pinas, tanong ko din dati yan maybe may perception diyan sa pinas na unreliable car, I was stationed in japan for 9+ yrs and it is not the case, nissan is only behind toyota when it comes to popularity, mas marami pang nissan kaysa honda and mitsu combined sa japan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    si utol may 2000 nissan sentra, 5 yrs old na at ganda pa ng takbo, still looks like the day when he got it. reliable? yes, cguro dahil he took really good car of his car, super lamig pa aircon. Noong nasa japan ako nag karoon ako ng tatlong nissan (all used) bluebird, presea at nakalimutan ko na un isa (station wagon) ni hindi ko nga pinapalitan yung bluebird ng motor oil for 2 years that darn thing won't breakdown. Naka drive na din po ako ng the ever popular skyline GTR (also used) hiram sa tropa, super bilis po talaga.

Hi Medyas,

thanks for your comments...appreciate it.....i'm really leaning now more on Nissans....I have scouted some and the prices of these used nissan cars are really at our advantage...nakakaatat ng bumili!...hehehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    Hi Medyas,

thanks for your comments...appreciate it.....i'm really leaning now more on Nissans....I have scouted some and the prices of these used nissan cars are really at our advantage...nakakaatat ng bumili!...hehehe
    Hi city, I'm also in the look for a 2nd hand sentra but I'm planning to
    buy next year pa...just in case na makabili ka na, I would really like to know kung ano ang iyong 1st hand experience with a used sentra. good luck!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Medyas,

I suggest in buying a 98 or 99 model Sentra3 simply because of the newer front & rear design (chrome front grill and clear headlights) or even the Nissan Sentra Exalta (first gen). The original Sentra3 (95-97) models look very old by today's standards.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap
    Hi city, I'm also in the look for a 2nd hand sentra but I'm planning to
    buy next year pa...just in case na makabili ka na, I would really like to know kung ano ang iyong 1st hand experience with a used sentra. good luck!!!

My wife bought a 2nd hand Nissan sentra series 3 a/t ('97 model) almost two years ago with a milage of around 50k km at time of purchase). Overall, it is not bad. The interior is in very good condition. Exterior has no major problems, only those pesky door dings.

The only bad part is the a/c compressor failed last year and we replaced it with a brand new unit. Other stuffs that got replaced was the rear shocks but its an expected replacement because of the car's milage and the power antenna.

Recently I have replaced the car's headlights, front signal lights, grill and bumper to the 98/99 style which gave the car a newer look. I even found original nissan sentra foglights that fits the bumper's foglight holes.

Hi Luap,

I will let you know...no problem..just keep in touch.

Ghosthunter,

Thanks for the tip....very much appreciated....

on a different note ghosthunter....you by any chance have any religious affiliation>?..i just would like to invite you on another forum....that is if you're inclined to such....pm kita if you're interested. ...don't get me wrong...i'm not here to recruit you or anything...i myself to be honest do not have any. I just find your posts interesting.

regards,

city

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    magkano na po ba ang market value ng patrol (2000 model) meron nga bang ganitong model??? and ano pa ang mga comments nyo?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on a different note ghosthunter....you by any chance have any religious affiliation>?..i just would like to invite you on another forum....that is if you're inclined to such....pm kita if you're interested. ...don't get me wrong...i'm not here to recruit you or anything...i myself to be honest do not have any. I just find your posts interesting.
    trying not to sound disrespectful,.. but.......

been there and done that.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Guys,

Need your comments....Is Nissan a good brand of car? Why low resale value? Ano ba mga downside ng Nissan? Why are people choosing hondas, toyotas and Mistsus over Nissan?

Thanks,

city
    You might say, I'm perennial nissan diehard or lover. I drive a 01 Nissan Frontier, my wife drives a 97 Nissan Quest, my daughter drives my old 01 Nissan Sentra, and my son drives my older 91 Nissan Sentra.

Some of the reason why I bought Nissan:
    1. Most Filipinos bought either Honda, Toyota, Acura or Lexus, so to be different I have a Nissan.
    2. They are cheaper by almost 15% for the same standard and optional equipment.
    3. I don't plan to resale my car so the resale value didn't even come to play.
    4. They have a cheaper parts, specially for just a mechanic like me, and they are made it a lot simpler than the other japanese car.

Thats it for now, if I can remember some more, I let you know.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Is Nissan a good car to buy? Why low resale value?