New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    maasahan mo lang ang nissan sa mga high end nila, kasi pwede mo ito itapat kahit sa mga benz etc...

peace...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    honda Civic dati ako at sinabi ko sa sarili na kapag bibili ako ng car dapat Honda pa rin , pero ngayon Nissan owner na rin ako and i'm very much satisifed with it. para sa akin nasa owner yan.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    actually the problem of nissan stemmed from those terrible pulsar and stanza models of the mid 80s. doon nasira talaga pangalan nila. when they released the new lines in the late 80s- maxima, sentra and california things started to get better. siguro the only thing that killed them in the race back then was parts were never as well distributed as that of toyota and mitsubishi. parang isa lang yata ang reseller ng parts ng nissan sa banawe eh.

the nissans now are very well made and of good quality, imo. i drive an x-trail and i must say i like it better than a cr-v and a rav-4, which i also drive everynow and then. bottom line- if you're in the 2nd hand market, masmay value pa ang nissan coz you can get it at a price far lesser than its toyota/honda counterpart and you can sell it at a lesser depreciation cost. huwag langmitsubishi kunin mo coz in my experience local mitsus SUCK!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes, na oovershadowed lang cgro ng toyota and the other brands wala kc silang bagong labas kaya hindi masyado napaguusapan. ung quality i dont know 1 year palng kc ung xtrail namin. tip ko lang if you can afford ipa maintanace check mo one in a while sa nissan, this year lang namin ginawa yan wid all our cars, sabi ng mom ko mas ok daw kc prevention is still better than cure diba and sabi nya labas daw masmura. ewan ko lang siya nagbabyad e pero diba kung hindi rin kami nakakmura bat namin contiuously gagawin.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by acidboy
    huwag langmitsubishi kunin mo coz in my experience local mitsus SUCK!
    i disagree hehe kung 2nd hand pinaguusapan a, it really depends on the previous owner like us haha we just sold our 2.0L galant today yey! 100K lng nga e pero ok na para lang mabenta na lugi ba kami? 12 yrs na ung car and good condition pa lamig na aircon ok pa ung riding comfort pero cyempre may sira sira na once in a while what do you expect from a 12 yr old car db? pero pag brand new ayaw ko mitsu ewan ko kung bakit i prefer patrol nga kesa pajero, un lang sakin

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Never buy a new Nissan car.

Used Sentras are very much a steal, while Cefiros are priced almost the same as a Civic VTi of the same age. I'm not sure if the Nissan SUVs like the Patrol and XTrail have a more respectable depreciation value, but they are nice off-roaders.

One problem with Nissan is marketing. When the new Exalta came out, it was features galore, including a VCD player and monitor. But it was priced much higher than the still respected Civic and the current class leader, the Altis. It has little or no appeal, despite being a proportionally designed car. And presuming that its value falls down like a landslide, as in its predecessors, only a few chose this car. If you ask me personally, I'd pick the Altis automatically and put all those techno gimmicks myself.

As discussed in several other threads, you really get the best bang for buck in a used Nissan. For example, you can buy 2 1993 Sentra ECCS for the price of 1 1996 Corolla GLi. Yup, it's that cheap. But the good thing here is that you don't get just half the goodness of a Corolla in a Sentra. It may not be as great as the Toyota overall, but it's not far behind.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I bought a 92 Sentra earlier this yr. Well, I had my dad choose, n close the deal. If I was him, i wouldn't have chosen this car at all. I think the previous owner didn't take much care of the car at all (engine-wise). We bought it for...125T. N i'd say it was worth only 100K at the time. The engine was really loud..which i later found out that it was the exhaust system..may maraming holes sa exhaust pipe that runs the full length of the car. So this month, i'm going to have that replaced. Our a/c worked for about a month after we bought it..probably because the dealer just threw freon into it to sell the car. We got our A/C fully functioning for about... 8thousand during the month of july..with a warranty til the end of this month. We had to replace the alternator, starter, and the IAC.

From what I read..and experience...Nissan Sentras...especially the B13s..they have idle problems. I had to stop using my A/C for some time because everytime i turned it on...my idle would drop to almost 200! then my car would idle would go to zero n my engine would turn off. this mostly happened while my a/c was on. I had to get my idle balanced out.

But, sa tingin ko, if my car was taken care of by the 1st owner, we wouldn't have so many problems. right now, our car is about 80%. The only problem is the loudness of the engine noise..haha... sabi nila..parang helicopter.. construction truck... or airplane. My younger cousins always say, "Sasakay na ako sa helicopter! Bye!" Oh, and also the stereo problem i posted in another thread. And also, the kilometers per liter.. very very low. we had a more fuel efficient car before..so idont know if im just used to fuel efficient cars. but, going from Imus, Cavite to the Cuneta Astrodome... back n forth...with the a/c on most of the way... i will have to spend... 300 on gas. But that's just enough for that and only that, because when i pull into my garage, i'm running on E with the light on already. Plus my car is a/t so that may be a factor.

So from my experience with the B13 Sentra..hell no. I might be selling my sentra next yr.. still deciding. But, just make sure you check out ur car really well before buying. Check the idle with the a/c on.. n with it running n parked. Becuz right now, my car is reliable to take me anywhere, before i would take extra 30pesos just in case my car couldn't make it back haha. Pero..obviously.. it all depends on the 1st owner..if the car is taken care of, then you'll get a good car.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    KrisKros, this is quite an unfortunate experience for you, and I'm sorry to hear that. For the idling issue, you might want to have your entire intake manifold cleaned. I had the same trouble before, and that solved it. As for the engine noise, maybe you can install a new exhaust piping. At Mufflerland, a 2-inch pipe costs around 3000. If you have extra, you can also consider a racing filter, headers and muffler with good performance but less noise and vibration. I've been reading reviews that Sentras respond well to IHE mods.

Go to nissanbayan.com. More people can help you there.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kris Kros... as you've noted, it's not because of the brand, it's because of the previous owner not taking care of the car.

Corolla, Lancer din madalas may idling problem sa ac.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    mahirap nga sabihin na of poor build quality ang isang sasakyan lalo na kung second hand naman ang basis. Kung hindi naman talaga naalagaan ng first owner kahit ano pa brand ng kotse malamang magkakaproblema ka din dun sooner or later.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Is Nissan a good car to buy? Why low resale value?