As you wished!

Let the battle begin

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Erratum:
    It's 4x2 diesel comparison for both

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    No contest naman pag 4x2. Lamang na ang Santa Fe...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    STA FE...dumadami ang pages sa D4D woes eh

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Sta. Fe. widely-used na sa US and Europe while Fortuner pang third-world countries lang hehehe. d'ba meron Jamaican guy dito na nagpost na bumili ng Fortuner? seems that the Fortuner hindi akma sa panlasa ng mga "powers that be" ... sa tindig pa lang hindi papasa sa strict safety requirements nila.

even sa mother nation ng Toyota, mukang di pumasa ...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Sta. Fe. widely-used na sa US and Europe while Fortuner pang third-world countries lang hehehe. d'ba meron Jamaican guy dito na nagpost na bumili ng Fortuner? seems that the Fortuner hindi akma sa panlasa ng mga "powers that be" ... sa tindig pa lang hindi papasa sa strict safety requirements nila.

even sa mother nation ng Toyota, mukang di pumasa ...
    It would be unfair to make these kind of statements that insinuate that the Fortuner (or the IMV project) failed any safety requirements, if no concrete evidence(s) are presented.

Btw, the IMV based Hi-Lux is also available all over developed countries in Europe like in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc..
    and not just in "third world countries". Ok, since I dont have any evidence of the IMV's crash worthiness, I wouldnt make any statements. But think about it, if the Hi-Lux (which is based on the Fortuner) is being allowed to be marketed in those "first-world countries" then it must have passed some requirements at the very least.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    It would be unfair to make these kind of statements that insinuate that the Fortuner (or the IMV project) failed any safety requirements, if no concrete evidence(s) are presented.

Btw, the IMV based Hi-Lux is also available all over developed countries in Europe like in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc..
    and not just in "third world countries". Ok, since I dont have any evidence of the IMV's crash worthiness, I wouldnt make any statements. But think about it, if the Hi-Lux (which is based on the Fortuner) is being allowed to be marketed in those "first-world countries" then it must have passed some requirements at the very least.
    ok sorry for the statements.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    does the sta fe have the "self-leveling" suspension?

how does this work? does it use different shocks and springs? can you upgrade later on to after market suspension parts like those from bilstien? or old man?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    just remember that the fortuner was created from the hilux. so it can be said that it might not up to par with the hilux, because it was made for the thailand market in the first place.well thats just my thoughts.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner 4x2 2.5D4d vs. Hyundai Sta. Fe 4x2 2.2Crdi