New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Get the Type Z with the 1.5 engine. Better suited for an AT (the 1.3 AT feels underpowered).

No issues except for the occasional rusting which is common among 90s Hondas, but you can always opt for a non-rusted unit since there are a lot of used Cities in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noted and thanks sir. I've seen few units online and will definitely check on weekend.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    A quick look at Olx shows that the N16 Sentra GS already fits the TS's budget. I'd go for this one. Much newer unit as compared to the original choices. Don't expect too much in terms of gas mileage though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It's something that I want with Nissan, lower resale value (no offense) but quality is good. I've seen '05 to 06 which fits our budget. Will also check some of these units. Does GS models have added features of just bigger engine?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My old Nissan Sentra Grandeur GS (2002 model) gives me around 7-8 km/L on city driving routes (Makati CBD). That was back in 2006-2009. Traffic nowadays is a lot worse. The N16 chassis is tuned more for a comfortable ride and the GS models offer good noise insulation. It is a good highway car, stable at highway speeds. The only issue I had with it is that the front suspension bushings need to be inspected every 6 months as it gets worn out easily.
    Thanks sir. Would you know something about the Cefiro? I've seen 2000 up model which is being sold almost the same as the Exalta.. V6 engine plus lots of added features.. What I can think of is high fuel consumption, higher maintenance cost and annual registration. Would you recommend this one? I'm also considering this one since it will only be used for short trips and I want to experience the V6 engine sometimes.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go with the Sentra GS. It has most of the luxury features found in the Cefiro with better gas mileage. The Cefiro would actually be more sensible if you do a lot of highway, since that is where you will get to enjoy all that power.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd go with the Sentra GS. It has most of the luxury features found in the Cefiro with better gas mileage. The Cefiro would actually be more sensible if you do a lot of highway, since that is where you will get to enjoy all that power.

Yep, the Sentra GS (specially the limited run Exalta-Grandeur series) offer a lot of features similar to the Cefiro. Later GS models, 2003-onwards, did not have the features of the Granduer series but it has most of the features that you need from a car. If you're after more power output, there was a limited run Sentra 180GT that shared a similar chassis as the GS but comes with a more powerful 1.8L engine.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    I really might have to extend my budget to 200K up.. Sentra GS is 200K+ which made me think if I'll go to with this one or the Civic 01 - 02? One of my colleague advised not to get the GX and go for the GS instead. We have the same route and feedback niya is medyo hirap yung engine maliban na lang kung MT siguro..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Was in the same dilemma a while back.

Ended up with a 1.3 Lynx.

Getting over 500 km per tank, as long as I stick to highway driving.

Not bad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If im not mistaken, i think Honda Phils. offered the 1.5l vtec Type Z City with a MT only. Though i think the 1.3 variant will be more than adequate for the ts' needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Get the Type Z with the 1.5 engine. Better suited for an AT (the 1.3 AT feels underpowered).

No issues except for the occasional rusting which is common among 90s Hondas, but you can always opt for a non-rusted unit since there are a lot of used Cities in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123