New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah. Not considering slightly used?

The Mazda is nice, and any decent car will last long if you take good care of it. But visit one in the showroom first to see if it meets your needs.

If it was me though, I'd rather get a used 2017 City.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    At first, i want slightly used. But my parents don't want slightly used. They told me that if i will buy a used car, why not buy a brand new car.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If power and torque is a key consideration from a small car, then choose either from a Fiesta Ecoboost and Accent CRDi.
    But see i feel purchase price is also a factor and so is fuel economy.
    Fiesta ecoboost would not be as economical as the mazda 2, unles u drove it around like a nun, in which case the extra money u spent on a turbo model would be a waste. Haha. Plus the mazda has similar performance, and thats pretty good for a naturally aspirated engine. There really is nothing close to the mazda 2.

As for the accent, yeh maybe, but its a bit of a pig. And uses a lot of fuel.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by datuputi.jr View Post
    At first, i want slightly used. But my parents don't want slightly used. They told me that if i will buy a used car, why not buy a brand new car.
    Well, in this country, ur parents are probably right. In any other country, depreciation as the car exits the showroom makes a new car a ridiculous proposition. For some reason in the philippines, a slightly used car is almpst exaxtly the same price as a new one. Perhaps because people have to work so hard for it, they just ask for more when they sell, or pergaps its because in this country, any old beat up jalopy deathtrap wreck is allowed to be registered and drive on the roads, making such vehicles a considerable purchase decision, pushing up the price of other vehicles up the chain.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I personally find that buying brand new is underrated, especially when compared to slightly used. Say, less than 2 years with mileage less than 20k. Big price difference, but hardly any difference with a brand new unit if you remove the plates. But wait... 2 year old cars still don't have plates. [emoji23]

This way you get to have more options. Previously unattainable cars can now be considered.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I personally find that buying brand new is underrated, especially when compared to slightly used. Say, less than 2 years with mileage less than 20k. Big price difference, but hardly any difference with a brand new unit if you remove the plates. But wait... 2 year old cars still don't have plates. [emoji23]

This way you get to have more options. Previously unattainable cars can now be considered.

GTI, in your experience, how much do u think drops off the price, percentage wise, once the car leaves the showroom here?
    I seem to find only absolutely atrocious deals on second hand cars being advertised here online in Cebu.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DiliKoAmericano View Post
    GTI, in your experience, how much do u think drops off the price, percentage wise, once the car leaves the showroom here?
    I seem to find only absolutely atrocious deals on second hand cars being advertised here online in Cebu.
    In such a case, expect depreciation to be around 20%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    mazda 2 mas maayos

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well, for one thing, brand new cars are more expensive. but they do tend to be less problematic.
    but if the wherewithal is easily available, then brand new it is!

errr... isn't the mazda2 a bit cramped inside, compared to the ciaz?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, for one thing, brand new cars are more expensive. but they do tend to be less problematic.
    but if the wherewithal is easily available, then brand new it is!

errr... isn't the mazda2 a bit cramped inside, compared to the ciaz?
    The Mazda2 is one of the most cramped internally among the subcompacts. The Ciaz is suprisingly big inside, much like the City and Vios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    They say Mazda 2 is great and fun to drive. I've seen Ciaz, I like its exterior design. I have the impression that it is roomy.

You should try both and see for yourself. You might as well try hitting the second gear at 60 kph to get the feel of how it will perform in case you really need the speed in the shortest time possible.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast