Hi all,

I’m planning to get a used 500-650k automatic old-school diesel suv as my daily driver and sort of a go-anywhere/adventure/road-trip car.

Criteria:
1. Cost of ownership / maintenance
2. Reliability
3. Fuel economy

Basically something that will give me the least amount of headaches for the 5+ years I plan to keep it.

Need opinions/advice on the ff choices as these are what I’m currently leaning to:
1. 650k 1990’s imported/surplus/subic Toyota Landcruiser Prado J71 (3 doors 1kz-te). Owner already upgraded it (lift + rims + tires) and did the major maintenance items e.g timing belt, belts, fluids, etc. Still needs some work (dashboard, lights, grills). What’s the fuel economy on this? I heard 4-6km/l? Costly to restore to it’s full glory? Is this a money pit?

2. 600k Same as #1 but 5 doors. Owner made expensive restoration work on it already with original toyota parts. 185k mileage.

3. 500-600k 2005-2007 Pajero FM. 90-120k mileage.

4. Left-field choice as it’s a crdi: 600k 2011 Hyundai Sta Fe 4x2 with 80k mileage. Casa maintained & I know the owner.

Recommendations are welcome also (I have a Revo already, so no innova/crosswind/adventure. Also had a Jimny MT, but sold it as I can’t stand the traffic).

Thanks!