New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by franee View Post
    Yes, I also think the FM is the most practical choice given my choices. Is 630k fair for an 07 FM?
    IMHO kung FM Pajero kukunin mo for 630k might as well get Montero nalang. Its more modern and more powerful. Kahit mga 3.2 na 4x4 pasok narin sa budget.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Outside Metro Manila ka pala. Parts is not a problem for me here. Tanong ka muna sa mekaniko nyo kung may reliable parts supply ang Hyundai sa inyo.

Sa Prado naman, I personally find 3 doors impractical. Is this just a toy car for you? Though kung Prado talaga gusto mo then kunin mo na. 600k is a lot of money to be buying something you don't really want. Sabi mo marami na nagawa in both units. Just make sure the steering rack and front suspension are replaced and the dashboard isn't falling apart.

I considered the 3door small suvs since my daily commute would just be me 95% of the time driving, on narrow barangay rough roads, and sometimes would have some knee-deep water on heavy rains.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    If you're concerned about the costs ... you shouldn't be considering toy cars ... buy more practical cars ...
    My cost concern is more on major parts failing etc and not so much on regular preventive maintenance costs.

I plan to spend 80-100k to make the car tip-top condition after I buy it.

If it entails more than that + the other unknowns on major parts breaking within 5years, then best would be to pass on it.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by franee View Post
    I considered the 3door small suvs since my daily commute would just be me 95% of the time driving, on narrow barangay rough roads, and sometimes would have some knee-deep water on heavy rains.
    Madalas ka pala sa baha, baka di kagandahan ang Santa Fe para sayo. I'd suggest Everest or Montero 4x4 o kaya LC90 for your budget. Meron din ako nakita 3 door na LC90 sa Olx baka magustuhan mo. Newer unit generally means lesser to fix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12