New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Is this based on the RP market or the US market? Because AFAIK Mitsu has a larger market share there than they do here in the US. They have a good rep in the RP unlike here in the US where they haven't really had much of the market with the exception of the Evo and the 1st and 2nd gen Eclipse.
    Sir redorange, I was just talking about re-sale value based on Sir dengaroo's post.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Something that can handle regular trips to the province, rough roads and floods? Montero Sport, period. It's an honest-to-goodness truck, and its capabilities proclaim it loudly and proudly. It makes no pretenses about being a lesser vehicle.

Who knows, it might satisfy you so much, you may even decide against sellling it again in the near future.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 21st, 2006 at 12:45 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    Sir dengaroo, Its not that I am trying to stir you away from the Montero Sport pero prone yata sa rollover yan eh, few months back I just saw one on the freeway. Just google it.
    All SUV's are prone to rollover because of the high center of gravity, that's why they have warnings about making sudden turns at high speed. BTW I saw a Mustang 5.0 that rolled over on the freeway a few weeks back and that has a lower center of gravity. Any vehicle when used beyond it's ability and the right circumstances are present will rollover. The key is to know the limitations of the vehicle you are driving. if you have an SUV don't drive it like an EVO through corners because it will rollover.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    montero sport for me. ;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Astig! :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    astig nga bai...
    Last edited by kimpOy; September 21st, 2006 at 01:02 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    All SUV's are prone to rollover because of the high center of gravity, that's why they have warnings about making sudden turns at high speed. BTW I saw a Mustang 5.0 that rolled over on the freeway a few weeks back and that has a lower center of gravity. Any vehicle when used beyond it's ability and the right circumstances are present will rollover. The key is to know the limitations of the vehicle you are driving. if you have an SUV don't drive it like an EVO through corners because it will rollover.
    Sir redorange, point taken, you're right every SUV are prone to rollover but not so much so with some other SUVs. Maybe in the near future when Stability Control becomes standard on all vehicles only then we don't have to worry about rollovers.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sir redorange, point taken, you're right every SUV are prone to rollover but not so much so with some other SUVs. Maybe in the near future when Stability Control becomes standard on all vehicles only then we don't have to worry about rollovers.
    Even with stability control you will still rollover because computers cannot negate the laws of physics. I have an Xterra 4x4 w/ stability control and it will still rollover if I drive it like a sportscar. The vehicle is plastered with warnings that stability control will not always prevent a rollover. BTW my vehicle model was ranked by NHTSA as the vehicle most likely to rollover of all the SUV's sold in the US with a 25% chance of rollover. But I have never found it to be unstable at high speed(100mph) or going 50mph at freeway offramps/onramps.

To the original poster since your wife will drive it, will it be safe to presume she doesn't drive like an F1 driver? If so then rollover will be less likely. Also you can always put wider A/T tires to give it a wider track and maybe even get you bitten by the 4x4 bug.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Maybe in the near future when Stability Control becomes standard on all vehicles only then we don't have to worry about rollovers.
    To prevent rollovers, I'd rather have driver discipline as standard on all vehicles.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    no contest! monty sports. Y?

it's a bulletproof work horse

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Montero Sport or RAV4 4X2?