New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dengaroo View Post
    worry ko lang kc sa brands na di masyadong kilala, pag resale. i had a 1999 kia sportage turbodiesel. nahirapan ako ibenta ng magandang price kahit gud condition. so baka stick ako sa toyota, mitsu, honda.
    Bro. if you're after resale value stick with Toyota or Honda. Mas mataas pa yata ang resale value ng Hyundai/Kia kaysa Mitsu.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Montero Sport would be better if you plan on using it through floods and rough roads since it has a higher ground clearance and is a true 4x4. My female cousin use to have one before she sold it to a family member and never had any mechanical problems. Don't let the fact that it was introduced late to the RP market influence your decision because it's a good vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    actually kaya rin namin na-consider ung montero sport is becoz they're giving 100K+ discount! if not, rav4 na agad kami

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa sobrang late niyang lumabas dito, ironed out na ang mga 'bugs' niyan. Unlike the D4d horror stories that Toyota is experiencing now.

4m40 engine, kahit anong combustible material ata ilagay mo diyan eh aandar pa din. Wala ding computer. Basta hindi lumulubog ang air intake, hindi iyan basta mamamatay.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    Bro. if you're after resale value stick with Toyota or Honda. Mas mataas pa yata ang resale value ng Hyundai/Kia kaysa Mitsu.
    Is this based on the RP market or the US market? Because AFAIK Mitsu has a larger market share there than they do here in the US. They have a good rep in the RP unlike here in the US where they haven't really had much of the market with the exception of the Evo and the 1st and 2nd gen Eclipse.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dengaroo View Post
    actually kaya rin namin na-consider ung montero sport is becoz they're giving 100K+ discount! if not, rav4 na agad kami
    Sir dengaroo, Its not that I am trying to stir you away from the Montero Sport pero prone yata sa rollover yan eh, few months back I just saw one on the freeway. Just google it.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i'd play devil's advocate and say, Rav4. for long trips to the province, i think its ride will be more comfy. plus it's fun to drive! and looks killer!

u know u and ur wife love it! ;)

that said... chk out the sta. fe as well.
    Last edited by staind; September 21st, 2006 at 12:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    meron po bang nakatry na ng new RAV4 4X2?

i was hesitant to get one coz i feel mataas price niya for its features (no mult-info display like innovas, no electric seats, the head unit's not very attractive). And there are a lot of lower-priced SUV's na 4X4 na like Grand Vitara, Tucson..)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    i'd play devil's advocate and say, Rav4. for long trips to the province, i think its ride will be more comfy. plus it's fun to drive! and looks killer!

u know u and ur wife love it! ;)
    un nga po. my wife is really sold on it, but mainly because of its looks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're sold on gadgets then the Monty Sport might not be the one for you.

It's not a car, it's a truck. This is not a jacked-up car like other compact SUV's. Fully boxed frame, solid rear axle, underbody armor and all those things you though you never really needed. And it makes no excuses as to what it really is. Merely taking off its sidesteps gives you lots of ground clearance already.

And no use comparing it to cute utes because the Monty Sport is a 5-seat midsize (not compact) SUV.

All SUV's handle differently from standard cars. Even the Trooper and Samurai were declared unsafe and prone to rollovers. But even the ones with suspension lifts and big tires are not suddenly rolling over here.

I suggest you test drive both first.
    Last edited by OTEP; September 21st, 2006 at 12:44 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Montero Sport or RAV4 4X2?