New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    That's the point of the GVM. "Kaya" doesn't mean it's safe. I think ok lang to do it in an emergency, but if you're going to be doing it regularly it's better to get a vehicle rated to carry the load to begin with.
    From the curb weight to GVM comparison around 700+kg lang ang load capacity ng Montero, despite the Strada being rated for 970kg.
    if i were going to do the heavy loads on a regular basis,
    i'd look for a vehicle large enough to do it with, and with very comfortable leniency re. load capacity.
    'wag natin sagarin yung load cap. baka mabilis tumanda ang sasakyan.

also, what is the nature of the load?
    personally, i wouldn't want to regularly share my cabin with bags of cement and hardware stuff, raw meat or fish, living things (animals, plants), and fluids.
    strictly dry goods store stuff lang siguro. yung madaling linisin at walang offensive to the senses stuff.

but that's just me.

i wonder,
    what is TS's regular load?

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    That's the point of the GVM. "Kaya" doesn't mean it's safe. I think ok lang to do it in an emergency, but if you're going to be doing it regularly it's better to get a vehicle rated to carry the load to begin with.
    From the curb weight to GVM comparison around 700+kg lang ang load capacity ng Montero, despite the Strada being rated for 970kg.
    Thanks for this.

I stand corrected on it.

So yung papasa lang pala talaga sa use case ni TS is basically something like the Hiace or NV350. Since 7 seater lang kelangan niya. baklasin na lang niya yung last row or 2 rows (depending on the variant na kinuha).

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    You definitely need a van and a diesel, probably Hyundai Starex, Toyota Hi-ace or Nissan NV350.

probably pick whichever is easiest to remove/install seats if you want to maximum cargo space vs carrying passenger duties.

All 3 will be a lot harder to park and fit in tight spaces vs your regular sedan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Naka bili na yata si TS. Hindi na bumalik. Hehehe.
    Kung saka sakali, boto ko Innova.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Load wise, kaya ng Fortuner and Montero yung 1000kgs total payload inside (Cargo and/or Passenger total). And 1.9L ng MUX, alam ko limited to 750kgs max ang payload kasi yun max payload ng Dmax (not the newly launched one). The figure is not a towing load, but yung direct liveload inside the vehicles four wheels and suspension.

No idea for the Terra but because of the more "plush" suspension geometry, same complaint malamang sa Navara which is mas dadapa yung likod mo agad with the load. Whether 1000kgs din siya, I'm not sure lang. But I would say 1k din kaya niya.

So with the Fortuner, ganun din dapat kaya ng Innova given same IMV Platform. But you'd have to check load rating of the stock wheels na lang whether nagexceed ka na sa total nung 4. Frame wise, wala dapat issue.

Anecdotal note: Nagkarga ako sa 2011 Montero ng 20 & 25 bags ng cemento dati (25kgs each per bag) separate instances. ako lang though inside. Di naman dapa yung Montero or hirap but mas evenly distributed din kasi yung mga bags thru the frame up to the back side of the front seats.
    Friend put more than more than 1k kgs inside the first gen Fortuner. Confirmed weight is more than 1000kgs kasi dinala niya for an air freight delivery. Dapa na yung likod pero kaya at kinailangan niya lang gawin at that time kasi need madeliver talaga. Siya lang din person inside. But this is not recommended. Kahit siya sinabi emergency lang talaga kaya napilitan siya gawin.
    Wala pako nakikita na sagging ang rear sa terra pag kargado, unlike sa fortuner na iilan na nakita ko.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    baka naman walang laman yung terra na nakita mo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Wala pako nakikita na sagging ang rear sa terra pag kargado, unlike sa fortuner na iilan na nakita ko.
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    He already said “pag kargado”... and he meant ni bashing sa t badge... Montero Sport GLS or Xpander GLS or CR-V V or Innova E or Terra VE?Montero Sport GLS or Xpander GLS or CR-V V or Innova E or Terra VE?Montero Sport GLS or Xpander GLS or CR-V V or Innova E or Terra VE? fortuner sasakyan mo noh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Kung nakaparada lang siguro, malamang..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    He already said “pag kargado”... and he meant ni bashing sa t badge... Montero Sport GLS or Xpander GLS or CR-V V or Innova E or Terra VE?Montero Sport GLS or Xpander GLS or CR-V V or Innova E or Terra VE?Montero Sport GLS or Xpander GLS or CR-V V or Innova E or Terra VE? fortuner sasakyan mo noh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, i was just basing from my own observation lang naman. I joined local fortuner groups in facebook years ago and many of them said that it's true, na tumitingala ang mismong suv pag may laman ang likod. Pero mostly mga unang batch na 2016-18 models ang ganun. Yung mga mas bago dun parang hindi na ata eh.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    talagang baba yun likod unless may air suspension yan na pwede tumaas.. ang kaibahan yung wheelbase kaya di masyado pansin compared sa suv

tsaka given na yan sa montero, fortuner, mux at ano pa PPV na pickup based.. kasi mas maiksi ang wheelbase nyan compared sa pick-up counter parts tapos naka rear coil spring pa.. kaya pag kargado likod at dumapa, kitang kita sa harap na naka angat..

kaya dapat yung comparo sa same wheelbase like hilux, dmax or ranger.. since naka coil spring ang navarra mas lower ng konti yung pay load capacity

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123