New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mga Sir need ko po ang expert advice nyo. I'm planning to buy a new car to supplement my old but reliable Honda Jazz. Below are my requirements/specs:

1. 7 seater -for family use
    2. Maximum budget of 1.8M
    3. Comfortable
    4. Large cargo space and can carry heavy loads
    5. Handling/easy to drive
    6. Reliable and with no major mechanical/technical issues
    7. Design and features (safety,tech,gadgets)

I'll use it as my daily drive going to work and also as cargo hauler (around 600 kilos plus two people) whenever we get supplies for the small business of my wife, from Central Luzon to Manila at least twice a month. My old Jazz is having a rough time whenever we buy supplies from Manila. Also, I haven't experienced driving a larger vehicle like SUV/MPV, mostly sedan lang na-drive ko, so ease of use and comfort is also an importanr consideration baka kasi manibago ako. Thank you po sa response.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Among those options, the crv is the closest you’ll get to having a sedan like drive and being a “7” seater.

But if people hauling is important you might be better off with the terra, innova or monty.

Innova is the most practical with a 2.8L, toyota reliability, and adequate clearance and good space but if you want that suv look of course monty or terra.

Personally though I’d choose between the Innova and the Montero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Innova for practicality.

But know that the current nodel's achilles heels are the stock tires and shock absorbers.

My 2019 innova with 5k mileage has signs of busted rear shocks

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickjazzy View Post
    Mga Sir need ko po ang expert advice nyo. I'm planning to buy a new car to supplement my old but reliable Honda Jazz. Below are my requirements/specs:

3. Comfortable

I'll use it as my daily drive going to work and also as cargo hauler (around 600 kilos plus two people) whenever we get supplies for the small business of my wife, from Central Luzon to Manila at least twice a month. My old Jazz is having a rough time whenever we buy supplies from Manila. Also, I haven't experienced driving a larger vehicle like SUV/MPV, mostly sedan lang na-drive ko, so ease of use and comfort is also an importanr consideration baka kasi manibago ako. Thank you po sa response.
    Since carrying heavy loads is a priority, better choices would be the ladder frame options. The Innova is actually the most versatile since it has the shortest hood, with most of its body length allocated for cabin space.

Since you will have lots of savings from your 1.8M, as mentioned you may use it for suspension and wheel/tire upgrades.

An option you may to consider is the base Kia Carnival at 1.995M. Absolutely endless cargo space if you remove the 4th row (which will still leave you with 8 passenger capacity). Since it is designed to carry 11 passengers, payload capacity is not a problem. The 2.2 is also proven worthy across many Hyundai and Kia models in the last ten years and is still one of the most powerful in the market.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

3. Comfortable

for long trips,
    if the last two passengers are small humans or grocery bags, innova is fine.
    if they are all adult-sized children or adults, get a breadloaf van.
    urvan. hiace. starex.
    i have an innova. i used to have a besta van.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017

3. Comfortable

You cannot have all of these in 1 Car.

Cut it down to max 3...the top 3 "attributes" most important.

Then rank the top 3 according to important as well

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Innova if you want the highest practicality and durability at the lowest price. Terra if you can afford to splurge a little.

Both will be ok for hauling cargo. A bit less refined to drive vs a sedan but you'll get used to it. Key difference is that the Innova is an un-s3xy family car, the Terra is a more macho SUV.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; February 18th, 2020 at 03:01 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2020

3. Comfortable

Give the terra a go. It seems it ticks all the right boxes for you. If you can stretch a VL so much the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you don't mind driving a manual, I just remembered that the Hiace Commuter Deluxe is just 1.6M... Load all you want! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2019
    The Innova would be ideal for your needs as as a family hauler/business vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast