New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Tara na at pag usapan naman natin ang mga pagkakaiba sa dalawang mga "halimaw" na SUV na ito..

interior, exterior, engine, FC, maintenance, resale value, negative and positive comments, off-road performance (sa 4x4 models), comfort, safety...

parehas ko kasi idol tong mga to eh..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Off road performance dito tol wala pa ako nakita na EVEREST sa bundok hindi siya pumatok dito sa thailand hehehehehhehe but for MS yup we have some friends na ginagamit sa bundok ang rig nila.

Interior and exterior mas gusto ko pa din ang MS but the EVEREST is macho at malaki hehehehehehhehe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    Off road performance dito tol wala pa ako nakita na EVEREST sa bundok hindi siya pumatok dito sa thailand hehehehehhehe but for MS yup we have some friends na ginagamit sa bundok ang rig nila.

Interior and exterior mas gusto ko pa din ang MS but the EVEREST is macho at malaki hehehehehehhehe.
    Of course, you won't. Thailand is a large valley. There are no mountains, only low hills. The mountains are only along the borders with the other countries. I traveled for 10 hours from Bangkok all the way to Chiang Mai in the north and it was flat terrain all the way. It was only when we reached Chiang Mai that we saw a mountain -- and not even a tall one, at that.

You will never find these heights in Thailand unless you go to the border areas:

or this...

or this...

or this...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    Of course, you won't. Thailand is a large valley. There are no mountains, only low hills. The mountains are only along the borders with the other countries. I traveled for 10 hours from Bangkok all the way to Chiang Mai in the north and it was flat terrain all the way. It was only when we reached Chiang Mai that we saw a mountain -- and not even a tall one, at that.

You will never find these heights in Thailand unless you go to the border areas:
    Tol bago mag salita na walang bundok dito pwede alamin mo muna ang sinasabi mo. Chang Mai is just one of the provinces. Make a research and find out muna before you make a comment, not just what you see in the highway or on the road.

Maybe you just want your everest to be noticed, okay got to agree mukang 4wheeler ka nga kasi me picture ka na nasa bundok. Being a 4wheeler and commenting about a truck's performance in a diffrent terrain is a big deal, its not just that the everest is not good dito because it's simply not good.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Maybe you just want your everest to be noticed, okay got to agree mukang 4wheeler ka nga kasi me picture ka na nasa bundok. Being a 4wheeler and commenting about a truck's performance in a diffrent terrain is a big deal, its not just that the everest is not good dito because it's simply not good.
    :massmoon:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Tol bago mag salita na walang bundok dito pwede alamin mo muna ang sinasabi mo. Chang Mai is just one of the provinces. Make a research and find out muna before you make a comment, not just what you see in the highway or on the road.

You want research? How about this:

"Thailand is comprised of a large central plain, with the Khorat Plateau in the east and some mountains elsewhere, particularly at the borders of Burma, Cambodia, and Malaysia. Highest point is at Doi Inthanon which is 2,576 meters above sea level."

Compare this with the highest peak in Luzon (Mt. Pulag) which is 2,922 meters high and you'll see the difference. Their highest point in Thailand is even just comparable to Mt. Tapulao in Zambales.

I did not refer only to Chiang Mai. What I wrote was that I traveled for ten (10) hours from Bangkok in the south to Chiang Mai in the north and all I see were open plains. No high mountains at all. In the Philippines, get out of Manila and in a couple of hours, you can be in the mountains of Sierra Madre in the east, or the Batangas mountains in the south, or the Zambales peaks in the nortwest. Move just a little bit father north and you would be in the Cordilleras or the Caraballo mountains.

You can't conclude that the Everest "is simply not good" because you have not seen one at the trails or the mountains in Thailand. If that is your premise, then by the same token, would you accept it if I say that the MS is not good because I have not seen one yet in the trails and mountains here in the Philippines?

Peace bro! Merry Christmas.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    hahahahahahaha i can see that you dont have an idea about 4wheeling hehehehehe any way peace bro.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho.

Interiors = MS
    Exteriors = MS
    FC = Everest
    Maintenance = bit even
    Resale = bit even
    Offroad performance = Everest (subok na ito....)
    Comfort = MS
    Safety = slightly, MS

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ano ba mas malaki sa dalawa? ano mas mataas ground clearance?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    although i chose the santa fe over these 2 (di naman kasi ako mag-off road, the "worst" i'd take it is to the beach) i had checked out both everest and MS before when i was on "dream mode", that was when i was still dreaming of getting one. hands down MS wins. here's why...

- everest is masikip ang 3rd row. i'm not just talking leg room, head room din masikip. sa MS the 2nd row is adjustable so the leg room can be remedied. head room is also better on MS.

- ang di ko maintindihan, tagal na nga everest sa market pero hangang ngayon wala pa din head rest ang 2nd and 3rd row seats. why??? everest 2nd and 3rd row seats are also very uncomfortable kasi wala support sa shoulders, parang nakaupo ka sa bench na yung sandalan e kapos.

- MS has "softened coil springs" for rear suspension (they must have read the tsikot thread on the bumpy fortuner hahaha!) while everest has leaf springs. unless you plan to load 10 sacks of rice at the back the MS is way better hands down. (but after riding on the santa fe, both of these 2 were cancelled out from my list. passenger comfort ranks #1 on my check list since i have small kids)

- everest has an ugly face, the MS has an ugly butt. so it depends on you whether you like it missionary or doggy.

- everest is wider a bit but you still will not be able to fit 4 adults in the 2nd row seats of the everest. so this is not a plus, tabla sila.

- engine, parehas lang sila. subok na ang engine ng MS (from pajero) but so is the engine of the everest (from the ranger).
    Last edited by yebo; December 21st, 2008 at 11:29 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
MONTERO SPORT or FORD EVEREST