New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    the cx-7 is not matakaw sa gas compared to the cr-v.. city driving..

the average fuel consumption of our cx-7 is 7.8 km/l
    while the 2007 cr-v 4x2 is 8.6 km/l

the cx-7 is 2.5l while cr-v is 2.0l

i like the size and styling of the cx-7 more than the tucson..

the tucson's lower grille has too much holes.. especially if it's white.. and the tucson is short 4.4+++ meters..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think Mazda engines aren't naturally gas-hungry, that notion is probably based on the 1.6 engine powering the S and V variants of the Mazda 3 that's gas hungry because the power to weight ratio is pathetic.

But I'd still pick the Tucson over the CX-7 because for me it's a more practical choice. The CX-7 is more of a choice of passion for me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    5 years from now

Am sure mas mataas ang population ng Tucson sa CX siyete
    i hope so. my personal preference is not to drive a "common" vehicle

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    the cx-7 is not matakaw sa gas compared to the cr-v.. city driving..

the average fuel consumption of our cx-7 is 7.8 km/l
    while the 2007 cr-v 4x2 is 8.6 km/l

the cx-7 is 2.5l while cr-v is 2.0l

i like the size and styling of the cx-7 more than the tucson..

the tucson's lower grille has too much holes.. especially if it's white.. and the tucson is short 4.4+++ meters..
    +1 on this

i am presently averaging 13.1L/100km or 7.63km/L on mixed city/highway driving (est: 80% city / 20% highway) on an average speed of 28kmh. i am still half tank full. i will be posting details soon on the CX-7 owners thread once i top up when the needle hits the 1/4 level

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The model that was brought here is the 2010 facelifted version. Gen Miting and the rest of the Tucson owners. I find your musings about the CX-7 rather pathetic. Kwentong Kutsero. Compare mo nalang ng objectively ang dalawa. Hindi puro paninira nalang. Those assumptions you made are even libelous. Hindi nagbebenta ng damaged goods ang Mazda. That is against local laws too.

I wonder why the TS even bother to compare the two. Mazda classifies the both the CX-7 and the CX-9 as LUXURY cross overs with materials above par with those made for the Tucson.

If you look at both cabins you will see what I mean. So you cannot really have an apples to apples comparison between the two. CX-7 Competes more against the 4x2 RAV4.

Tucson is value for money indeed. It's more for the general SUV population. CX-7 will cater to a niche market who prefers it's driver oriented handling over the practicality of the Tucson.

I've test driven the tucson and I still believe hindi comfortable ang ride... Walang premium feel to it. The CX-7 feels like you are driving an RX-8. Very sporty. It's really a bummer the 2.3 turbo isn't here. Those who are saying na gas guzzler ang CX-7 doesn't know what theyre talking about. It has been proven that the 2.5L engine can achieve more than adequate FE.

If you want to be unique and would like to have a premium suv get a CX-7. If you want value for money and join the mounting zillions of tucson owners that's fine too. Just remember that there are probably more tucsons that will be sold out there... so if you're also aiming for an exclusivity factor (like with the current rav4) then you will be dissapointed later on knowing probably that there will be zillions of tucson out there. The magic will wear off.

IMO nakakasawa tignan ung front grille ng Tucson... feedback from my US friends, mukha daw laruan. Plus its starting to look like a mommy-mobile for me. While the CX-7 is up there with Lexuses, why its even better looking than a Cayyenne (arguably).
    Last edited by daimengrui; January 22nd, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    The model that was brought here is the 2010 facelifted version. Gen Miting and the rest of the Tucson owners. I find your musings about the CX-7 rather pathetic. Kwentong Kutsero. Compare mo nalang ng objectively ang dalawa. Hindi puro paninira nalang. Those assumptions you made are even libelous. Hindi nagbebenta ng damaged goods ang Mazda. That is against local laws too.

I wonder why the TS even bother to compare the two. Mazda classifies the both the CX-7 and the CX-9 as LUXURY cross overs with materials above par with those made for the Tucson.

If you look at both cabins you will see what I mean. So you cannot really have an apples to apples comparison between the two. CX-7 Competes more against the 4x2 RAV4.

Tucson is value for money indeed. It's more for the general SUV population. CX-7 will cater to a niche market who prefers it's driver oriented handling over the practicality of the Tucson.

I've test driven the tucson and I still believe hindi comfortable ang ride... Walang premium feel to it. The CX-7 feels like you are driving an RX-8. Very sporty. It's really a bummer the 2.3 turbo isn't here. Those who are saying na gas guzzler ang CX-7 doesn't know what theyre talking about. It has been proven that the 2.5L engine can achieve more than adequate FE.

If you want to be unique and would like to have a premium suv get a CX-7. If you want value for money and join the mounting zillions of tucson owners that's fine too. Just remember that there are probably more tucsons that will be sold out there... so if you're also aiming for an exclusivity factor (like with the current rav4) then you will be dissapointed later on knowing probably that there will be zillions of tucson out there. The magic will wear off.

IMO nakakasawa tignan ung front grille ng Tucson... feedback from my US friends, mukha daw laruan. Plus its starting to look like a mommy-mobile for me. While the CX-7 is up there with Lexuses, why its even better looking than a Cayyenne (arguably).
    + 1. Totally agree.

The new Tucson Mazda challenger might be the new Mazda CX-5, smaller than the CX-7, scheduled to be launched in major markets in 2011/2012. This model will replacece the current Mazda Tribute. I hope it's already equipped with SKY engine and transmission by that time. Let's see what will happen then. Zoom-Zoom will become Zoomer-Zoomer!
    Last edited by lamborghinione; January 22nd, 2010 at 01:15 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't like the styling of the Tucson either. The front reminds me of Ssangyong vehicles. Motioncars.com classified the Tucson as an entry level SUV, while the CX7 as a Luxury SUV, so no camparo for the 2.

Btw, I just made a reservation for a red CX7 for the wife, and was assured to get the unit within the month ;)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    OT: Indeed the CX-5 will be a more direct competitor to the Tucson IX. It's a sibling of the Ford Kuga. It is also the "natural" replacement for the Tribute.

Sana lang mas objective tayo sa pag rereview ng comparison para hindi nalilito mga car buyers.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    ... saka pagkaalam ko sometime 2007 may isang na-flood na barko sa international waters sakay mga brand new cx7's . baka yan yun mga yun linis na
    Thanks for your comments, Marlene Aguilar.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    madami talaga kasing fanboys na Magazine reviewer lang ng ibang cars...so they don't really know what their' saying. kaya test drive for yourself and make an honest / objective review or comment about the vehicles being mentioned....

ok back on topic, for me if selectiong would just be on gas engines...then its the CX7 all the way. Mazda really did their homework to improve driving as well as passenger comfort (very low NVH) on the face-lifted CX7. what i don't like abou Hyundai (and my Kia Carens) is how artificial the feel of the steering is....

pero siguro kung when it comes to compare TUcson CrDI and CX7 gas (unlikely kasi ilabas ng Mazda yung diesel nila outside of Europe eh) i'd be lenient to forgive Hyundai's steering/Suspension shortcomings. hehe.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Mazda CX7 vs Hyundai Tucson [Merged]