New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    I've owned 2 hyundais from 2010-2016, and i've never followed this "demand" and was still able to get warranty claims without much hassle. In my recollection, wala naman nakalagay na ganyan clause sa warranty booklet. Kaya i said with any car best to review yung documents and follow what is stated.

Also, not defending Hyundai ha, in fact i had the option to get another one this year, but opted for another brand altogether. I would rather get a Kia over a Hyundai kung korean rin lang yung choices. Just saying it's really best to know what is really needed to be done on your car per service. Sure yan, may mga unnecessary things added to pad the cost.

As for Mazda, i've personally known owners who've had tranny issues ever since the 90s 323s. Recently may kakilala ko who had a busted M/T tranny on a miata for no reason at all (google this). So, i don't buy into their hype.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I guess you got the better part of their service. Too bad that some people were not as persuasive as you so they are being bullied to follow such ridiculous demands.
    Di naman kailangan ng persuasiveness sir. Just present facts.

Things replaced on my Hyundais (via warranty):

Tucson
    1.) Brake light switch
    2.) Gas tank (leaked pag super full tank)
    3.) Rear stabilizer link

Sonata
    1.) A/C Compressor

None of the items were related to oil changes.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    In my 10 yrs. SF CRDi, I spend 2.8k per year after warranty. Then add. 1600 every 2 years for fuel filter and air filter.

Ok naman. One of my best vehicles but hindi na ako bibile ng Hyundai ulet coz so many options out there.

But bet. CX5 and Tucson, sa Tucson CRDi ako only beause I know how to maintain a Hyundai crdi

These new tech that Mazda is introducing, masisira lang yan sa bumper traffic.

For me the rule is you buy gasoline in this manila traffic, get the simple ones like Ecosport, Juke, Vios, City. Definitely no Turbo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The cx5 gen2 will arrive next year.

This cx5 has been robust the past 5years. Only recall was a gas tank fix. No engine failures. There was a minor transmission issue but i dont know how that was resolved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    Also, not defending Hyundai ha, in fact i had the option to get another one this year, but opted for another brand altogether. I would rather get a Kia over a Hyundai kung korean rin lang yung choices. Just saying it's really best to know what is really needed to be done on your car per service. Sure yan, may mga unnecessary things added to pad the cost.

As for Mazda, i've personally known owners who've had tranny issues ever since the 90s 323s. Recently may kakilala ko who had a busted M/T tranny on a miata for no reason at all (google this). So, i don't buy into their hype.
    My in-laws have a 2010 Sorento AWD 2.4L gas and they have had no issues with the services offered by Kia.

As for the newer Mazdas, they are far off from the Mazdas of the 90s. The SkyActiv technology is way different from the days when Mazda and Volvo were operated under the same umbrella of Ford. Mazda bought themselves back while Volvo was sold to Geely. Ford is now more into developing further their turbo technology (Ecoboost).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Save for the grills, the 2018 CX5 looks a lot like the current model.

218 Mazda CX-5 spied testing in Southern California - Autoblog

Right now I'm wondering if I should wait for the Toyota CHR and how big its rear seats are. Baka parang HRV or Juke lang kasi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The chr 2nd row looks roomy based on videos in paris this weekend. Bigger than hrv.

The ground clearance looks similar to the hrv

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Mazda CX-5 definitely. CX-5 is just gorgeous especially in soul red and the interior is nice and well equipped. I find the Tucson too bare even for the TOTL.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Investor6161 View Post
    Mazda CX-5 definitely. CX-5 is just gorgeous especially in soul red and the interior is nice and well equipped. I find the Tucson too bare even for the TOTL.
    Agreed on this one!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Cx 5 for looks
    Tucson for practicality

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    CX5 is beyond just looks. Give it a good drive...you'll see why many who've tried their 1st kodo would go for seconds.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast