New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Based on what you're saying, the CX5 is the wiser choice. There is no guarantee that Hyundai dealerships will improve on their services soon. Yojin3 is a sure thing so you're guaranteed some peace of mind out there.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Question you should ask is how much is the cost of maintenance during 3yrs of ownership sa hyundai. 95k-135k? Your sa should give you a number...

Mazda integrated na..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    After 3 years, let's assume I save P65,000 by getting a CRDI engine but then I spend P130,000 for maintenance so that's a net expense of P65,000 on top of the car's original price.

This is assuming the diesel's mileage is just the same as the gas.

On the other hand it will just be the i-Stop battery on top of the original cost if I decide to get the CX5.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post

On the other hand it will just be the i-Stop battery on top of the original cost if I decide to get the CX5.
    If you get the battery from the dealer, you will be paying 15k for it. However, based on inputs from CX5 owners in their own Tsikot thread, some have started using Amaron as a replacement which costs less than half (6k) of the casa battery price.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hyundai's requirement for the 5 year warranty is if you have regular 3 month / 5,000 kms PMS whichever comes first ... Would choose the Mazda CX-5, no reason to gamble on Hyundai's quality and after sales service ... Although the Mazda CX-5 did have some transmission issues on it's first year of release ... already saw 2 Mazda CX-5s on ******* being sold for 300-400T due to defective tramission ... not sure though if they were flooded vehicles ...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Hyundai's requirement for the 5 year warranty is if you have regular 3 month / 5,000 kms PMS whichever comes first ... Would choose the Mazda CX-5, no reason to gamble on Hyundai's quality and after sales service ... Although the Mazda CX-5 did have some transmission issues on it's first year of release ... already saw 2 Mazda CX-5s on ******* being sold for 300-400T due to defective tramission ... not sure though if they were flooded vehicles ...
    Exag naman yang every 3 months. You can really follow maintenance based on mileage (every 5,000 k kms). even the, you don't even need to change your oil every 5K; pwede top up lang (provided that you use FS oil) and change every 10k kms. with any brand i think you really need to read the manual para alam mo yung mga dapat palitan per check up and remove the unnecessary items (engine flush, frequency of spark plug change etc) kasi idadagdag talaga nila yun sa initial quotation. so i would say the Tucson isn't such a bad car compared to the CX5. at least wala naman defective transmission issues.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    Exag naman yang every 3 months. You can really follow maintenance based on mileage (every 5,000 k kms). even the, you don't even need to change your oil every 5K; pwede top up lang (provided that you use FS oil) and change every 10k kms. with any brand i think you really need to read the manual para alam mo yung mga dapat palitan per check up and remove the unnecessary items (engine flush, frequency of spark plug change etc) kasi idadagdag talaga nila yun sa initial quotation. so i would say the Tucson isn't such a bad car compared to the CX5. at least wala naman defective transmission issues.
    Exaggeration it may sound but I did hear from a previous co-worker who owns an Accent. The Hyundai casa demand to have the oil changed every 3 months or 5k km whichever comes first. Not following such, the owner face having the warranty voided. This is aligned with what Walter stated.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Question you should ask is how much is the cost of maintenance during 3yrs of ownership sa hyundai. 95k-135k? Your sa should give you a number...

Mazda integrated na..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    In my 10 yrs. SF CRDi, I spend 2.8k per year after warranty. Then add. 1600 every 2 years for fuel filter and air filter.

Ok naman. One of my best vehicles but hindi na ako bibile ng Hyundai ulet coz so many options out there.

But bet. CX5 and Tucson, sa Tucson CRDi ako only beause I know how to maintain a Hyundai crdi

These new tech that Mazda is introducing, masisira lang yan sa bumper traffic.

For me the rule is you buy gasoline in this manila traffic, get the simple ones like Ecosport, Juke, Vios, City. Definitely no Turbo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Exaggeration it may sound but I did hear from a previous co-worker who owns an Accent. The Hyundai casa demand to have the oil changed every 3 months or 5k km whichever comes first. Not following such, the owner face having the warranty voided. This is aligned with what Walter stated.
    I've owned 2 hyundais from 2010-2016, and i've never followed this "demand" and was still able to get warranty claims without much hassle. In my recollection, wala naman nakalagay na ganyan clause sa warranty booklet. Kaya i said with any car best to review yung documents and follow what is stated.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    I've owned 2 hyundais from 2010-2016, and i've never followed this "demand" and was still able to get warranty claims without much hassle. In my recollection, wala naman nakalagay na ganyan clause sa warranty booklet. Kaya i said with any car best to review yung documents and follow what is stated.
    I guess you got the better part of their service. Too bad that some people were not as persuasive as you so they are being bullied to follow such ridiculous demands.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast