New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by E*tpc View Post
    I own both the mazda 3 speed and the civic RS turbo. For fuel economy and fun to drive, agility I'd go for the mz3. For interior space it would still be the civic specially the rear legroom noted that the mz3 is a tad smaller but anyone 5'7 or 5'8 will have no trouble at the rear of the mz3 unless you're terribly horizontally challenged. Since you're comparing the mid spec version the civic 1.8e is the old engine from a decade ago.

A good bud has a similar luxury as you, sir...He has an RS & a '15 1.5Sky 3. I thought he was babying the new delivery as he'd use the latter more.... so I asked....His reply was curt, odd & a headscratcher....if he drives, which he often does, it's the 3. As a passenger, it's the RS.
    Which do you prefer to drive more, sir?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My wife is hinting on selling the Fiesta. Am I to consider the two compacts? Or get something much quicker than the Fiesta?
    esep-esep...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My wife is hinting on selling the Fiesta. Am I to consider the two compacts? Or get something much quicker than the Fiesta?
    esep-esep...
    Miata naman. 😉

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Miata naman. 😉

Too small for our needs. A sedan or hatchback is something more useful.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I also have a Civic and a Mazda 3 (gen 1 though). The Mazda is actually more engaging to drive, but the Civic is less tiring and more refined.

The Mazda feels fast even when it's slow, the Civic feels slow even when it's fast. Between the two, I prefer the latter. It allows me to drive faster without my passengers noticing, it allows me to carve corners through hundreds of kilometers of mountain roads without feeling tired afterwards.

The current Mazda 3 has improved NVH over the gen 1 but still not as serene as the Civic. Depends really on what floats your boat more.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I have a 13 year old Mazda 3 and parts are a hassle to find compared to my Altis before, not to mention more expensive. Worse, shops in Banawe that you thought were respectable were actually selling fake parts! (I'm looking at you, Mazford!)
    I'm using a 2008 Mazda3 sedan and most of the spare parts I bought were from Mazford. After reading this I got really concerned.

I'm really curious, how did you find out that Mazford is selling fake Mazda (and probably also Ford) fake parts?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I'm using a 2008 Mazda3 sedan and most of the spare parts I bought were from Mazford. After reading this I got really concerned.

I'm really curious, how did you find out that Mazford is selling fake Mazda (and probably also Ford) fake parts?
    For one, they were wearing out quicker than I expected (had to change stab links less than a year after I replaced them with supposedly orig parts).

Then I met a shop who actually spilled the beans on fake parts circulating Banawe, Golden Isuzu in Pasay. They sell both orig and "orig" parts - the fake parts had Mazda stickers on a sealed plastic packaging like what I bought in Banawe. Then they should me the orig part which was in a box with a different Mazda sticker. Comparing the two side by side, the orig one felt more solid and heavier.

My bad for not looking at the exact part numbers and verifying the packaging online. Now I'm more wary when scouting auto shops for parts.

EDIT: I'll have to check my receipts to be sure if I bought my stab links in Mazford or Fordland, it was one of the Banawe shops but I forgot which one exactly.

Last edited by jut703; November 20th, 2017 at 04:10 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    For one, they were wearing out quicker than I expected (had to change stab links less than a year after I replaced them with supposedly orig parts).

Then I met a shop who actually spilled the beans on Mazford, Golden Isuzu in Pasay. They sell both orig and "orig" parts - the fake parts had Mazda stickers on a sealed plastic packaging like what I bought in Mazford. Then they should me the orig part which was in a box with a different Mazda sticker. Comparing the two side by side, the orig one felt more solid and heavier.

My bad for not looking at the exact part numbers and verifying the packaging online. Now I'm more wary when scouting auto shops for parts.

I had the same experience with the stab links I bought from Mazford 2 years ago. It was referred to us by a mechanic from Mazda Quezon ave branch. After a year the stab link just rattled severely. Bought a replacement from a nearby auto shop near my place. It's not a genuine mazda part but was claimed to work just the same as with the original. So far no problem.

Going back to the original topic, I think you nailed it when it comes to Honda's maintenance advantage over Mazda, especially when it comes to spare parts availability. Perhaps for some owners who don't really mind about maintaining their cars after 3 or 5 years (they'll just sell it and by a new one), spare parts availability may not be a big deal. They'll just burn money buying parts from the casa.

Good after sales service is also another important factor to consider between Mazda and Honda. It would be really helpful if someone (preferably those who own the latest mazda/honda cars) can say based on experience which brand offers the best after sales.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I had the same experience with the stab links I bought from Mazford 2 years ago. It was referred to us by a mechanic from Mazda Quezon ave branch. After a year the stab link just rattled severely. Bought a replacement from a nearby auto shop near my place. It's not a genuine mazda part but was claimed to work just the same as with the original. So far no problem.

Going back to the original topic, I think you nailed it when it comes to Honda's maintenance advantage over Mazda, especially when it comes to spare parts availability. Perhaps for some owners who don't really mind about maintaining their cars after 3 or 5 years (they'll just sell it and by a new one), spare parts availability may not be a big deal. They'll just burn money buying parts from the casa.

Good after sales service is also another important factor to consider between Mazda and Honda. It would be really helpful if someone (preferably those who own the latest mazda/honda cars) can say based on experience which brand offers the best after sales.
    It's terrible to know that fake parts are passed as genuine. Bermaz must prove that it's not the Mazda of old under Ford or undo whatever negative impressions Ford left behind.
    I know they've taken commitment strides to service & satisfaction. Yojin3 was their signal to a fresh start.
    I've gone thru most of the nippon badges & more. Still in the family...an old stick Civic, a TypeZ City, a gen2 CRV, 2 loyal Toyotas among others. None of them has been casa maintained. Trauma from dealership disservice, inherited tinkering passion & OCD pushed DIY....& yes, they're all tip top.
    My jump to Mazda came at a time when we needed an auto compact daily driver. The SUV was taking too much road space, contributing to our worsening traffic. Hondas went back to CVTs, Fords went small & had failing trannies....Toyotas remained Toyotas. Then I saw the Skyactivs. I wondered how they got naturally aspirated engines so high a compression ratio on regular petrol to work w/o knocking...From the old motoring academe, we knew forced induction raised compression ratios & efficiency, but octane has got to be high or it would ping all over. They had a new enhanced 6AT that wasn't DCT nor CVT, too.
    Heck, I gotta try this, talking to myself. No Mazda experience tucked....figured this can't be as bad as Bimmers to self-maintain. I was conditioned for dealership independence from the get go....but yojin was there....FREE everything for 3years some even offer til 5!!!!
    That gave me a chance to see the Bermaz culture, their service brand. Mazda eventually gave me dealership-phobia therapy. I wish this were homogeneous nationwide.....if not, there is hope after all.
    Post-yojin should show us a clearer gauge of everything after-sales. Let's wait for that.
    I seldom roam the threads where I'd be redundant like a repetitive chorus. Brand me a troll or a fanboy (I've long left boyhood tho...hehe) but I'm in the Mazda threads not for the love of my purchase & definitely not for hatred of others....but because of the lack of 1st hand help out there. Its pushed into that corner of neglected minorities.
    I'm hopeful that thru forums like this & dedicated enthusiast groups, this lil badge can be owned & enjoyed long-term....free of fear, low on cost....much like Toyotas & Hondas.
    It's really a pleasant discovery car guys should not be afraid to try.....
    Oh, our 2nd M, a 2, turned 1 more than a month ago.[emoji4].....
    Happiness is easier found in solemn silence. Mind not the noise outside.....search yours.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Kung gagamitin ito as business purposes lalo kung merong mga meeting na client, for business deal, and by the end of the day, successful ang business deal.. at ang sasakyan ay nagagamit for generating income..since sa city driving naman ito ginagamit.

kahit higher variant pa yan...bawi naman yung expenses nyan.

kung kayo po ba ang magmamaneho most of the time? or meron ba kayong company/personal driver?
    yun po talaga ang question? purely city driving? less than 10KMS ang takbo everyday? field work po ba? most of the time ba ay lone driver or merong mga passenger or load factor (dala na gamit related sa business)?

In reality, magandang variant yung 2 vehicles na yan, at mas mataas pa ang comprehensive insurance ng dalawang sasakyan na yan kaysa sa PPV..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast