New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Porsche Cayenne Base = Rebadged Volkswagen Touareg

BMW X3/X5- I've got to drive the previous generation; the refinement and ride quality is impressive...

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD V6 (Diesel)- I've personally seen one of these on the road, it looks great and not too flashy...
    And they also have a Diesel Town and Country Van which suprised me :D

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Don't buy a LandLoser; most boring and lame....

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Don't worry about gas kung 4M+ yun kotse!
    entry level cayenne pricing starts at 6.9m
    for the diesel its 7.4m...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Porsche cayenne may share heritage and parts with VW..
    but it would still beat most competition... and nuff said... its still a "porsche" :D

BTT: Land rover would be a great pick... great torque but most gas hungry and consider the shortage of parts and service... ouch... but hell... if you could afford one why think of the gas and parts?... XD heavy... heavy to drive....*best if you are to be chauffeured...

cayenne diesel would also do good... good torque... better fuel economy but does not look flashy enough... some people wont even notice its a porsche *sigh*...
    unless you option for the turbo... one good looking MTF..
    entry level gas and diesel has adjustable air suspension already as standard
    drives like a sedan... but the oddly shaped low visibility side mirrors still annoys me up to now and lastly.. rear seats are not as luxurios than expected being very very plain... overall it still won my vote because of its superb and very superior drive... again... drives like a sedan

X5... great but would face a model change soon... but far more room and entertainment in the rear...
    drive is a bit heavy if your looking for the lower variants... but superior than most drives if higher gas variants would be choosen

JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE... damn... this is one of my top picks when i was with this dilemma.. new, cheap, and looks like a boss with chrome rims.. includes adjustable air supension... etc... 60gb memory MMI...etc...
    only downfall is the *** 5.7LITER V8 HEMI... gulp gulp gulp gulp... thats the only thing you will hear while driving... GIVE ME MORE FUEL!!!!! expect to be 3-6km/L not joking... less if you put down the pedal... *come on... its a HEMI V8... what would you expect it to be???

Audi Q7... Great interior and seats for 7.. superior drive and again. adjustable air suspension...
    most comfortable than most I've test driven...
    only downfall would be its already a few years old in the market.. would be soon replaced like the X5.. best SUV for the family

lc200... good and sturdy SUV... proven to be one of the most reliable and far more cheaper than others... it will suffice as a luxury SUV... and would still give the "boss" aura... but being the most common...

hope this helps... :D HTH

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The X6 drives better than the Cayenne... though I haven't driven the facelifted Cayenne yet.

Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    newer car isn't always synonymous to a better car. to tell you why: back then, if you want a long-lasting car, you'd get a euro car. but look at the euro cars today. inasmuch as i don't want to say bad things, try to look at a Benz that was made in the 70s and even beyond and compare it with a brand-new Mercedes Benz. then with the jap cars, take the example of honda cr-v. most hunters of cr-v prefers the 1st generation over the second and the third because of certain traits.

*Admin: sorry ot.
    The first gen CR-V? Still thirsty for fuel, terrible B20 engine, cramped, small? That CR-V? Just because the second generation is an awful gas guzzler doesn't make the first gen any better than it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    cheap version of cayenne Nissan Murano...
    Nah. Murano's interior and handling are nowhere near Cayenne level. You want a "cheap" crossover that sort of drives like a Cayenne or X6, you're getting the CX9.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    newer car isn't always synonymous to a better car. to tell you why: back then, if you want a long-lasting car, you'd get a euro car. but look at the euro cars today. inasmuch as i don't want to say bad things, try to look at a Benz that was made in the 70s and even beyond and compare it with a brand-new Mercedes Benz. then with the jap cars, take the example of honda cr-v. most hunters of cr-v prefers the 1st generation over the second and the third because of certain traits.

*Admin: sorry ot.
    The first gen CR-V? Still thirsty for fuel, terrible B20 engine, cramped, small? That CR-V? Just because the second generation is an awful gas guzzler doesn't make the first gen any better than it actually is.

Nah. Murano's interior and handling are nowhere near Cayenne level. You want a "cheap" crossover that sort of drives like a Cayenne or X6, you're getting the CX9.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD V6 (Diesel)- I've personally seen one of these on the road, it looks great and not too flashy...
    And they also have a Diesel Town and Country Van which suprised me :D

I was on my way home to Manila last Monday when this exact same car (a white one with "JEEP" plates) overtook me. I was doing 160kph then (I immmediately looked at my speedo after she got past). She seemed quite stable as she snaked through cars, probably at 170 to 190 kph.

Nissan Murano looks good, but its diesel version is not available in the Philippines...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Balita ko di daw maganda sa off-road yung X3 & X5.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LiempoBoi View Post
    Balita ko di daw maganda sa off-road yung X3 & X5.
    Yup, those two aren't made to be driven off-road anyway. If you want a great off road suv get a range rover.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Luxury Diesel SUV