New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reynoldsreynold View Post
    Thanks for all your inputs guys. I had a small talk with friends most of the comment is that Hyundai wasn't that good. Most of them wants toyota honda and least the hyundai. The mazda and ford spare parts are hard to find according to them and cost much... For the tranny the told me that a/t is for noobs only. So sad i tried the m/t using my friends car last sunday, am not good on mixing fuels the engine shuts off. But again its just there opinion I saw the new accent in person it looks cool in person. I also saw a sonata in ADB damn its so cool. For the lancer it would be also consider in my list. Regarding my budget its around 1M++

Your friends sounds like kids if they think A/Ts are for noobs. Anyone who have spent enough time driving through Metro Manila's horrid traffic would attest, an automatic tranny is a big "god-send" for one's left leg.

If you are considering the Lancer EX, kindly note that the retail price has a big discount if you can pay cash.

Pricelist: http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...tMarch2011.jpg

Given you have a P1M++ budget, how far does that "++" extend?

If you want something "safe", the Toyota Altis 2.0L is a no brainer of a choice. But most people would choose the 1.6L variants. Too bad the 1.8L version has been discontinued, that had a good balance of price, comfort, and performance.

A driver's dream might be the Mitsubishi Lancer EX GT-A 2.0L with it's aggressive looks and performance & handling to go with it. If you want this car but want something "cheaper", the EX MX model has most of the engineering good stuff and is over P100K cheaper.

A "worry-free" attitude might go for the Honda Civic 1.8S. Even if its getting a bit old, it has good reliability and low cost of ownership.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 14th, 2011 at 09:54 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    My choices now are no ranking all same (A/T po ang kukunin ko)
    1. lancer (yung mukhang shark)
    2. elantra (curves)
    3. civic ( kaso lapit na daw new model pero sporty )
    4. accent blue (tipid daw)
    5. altis (maganda kaso parang pang matanda)
    6. sonata (***y kaso parang pang may asawa na gusto ito ng mama ko saka ng tucson)
    7. Vios (Cute na medyo weird)
    8. City (cute pero mas weird)

Isa ko pang problem mga sir e no driving experience ako baka lemon ang makuha ko(wag naman sana).

Tapos ilang kaya mga fuel consumption nila? From taytay to ortigas?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    We will pay cash i guess

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reynoldsreynold View Post
    My choices now are no ranking all same (A/T po ang kukunin ko)
    1. lancer (yung mukhang shark)
    2. elantra (curves)
    3. civic ( kaso lapit na daw new model pero sporty )
    4. accent blue (tipid daw)
    5. altis (maganda kaso parang pang matanda)
    6. sonata (***y kaso parang pang may asawa na gusto ito ng mama ko saka ng tucson)
    7. Vios (Cute na medyo weird)
    8. City (cute pero mas weird)

Isa ko pang problem mga sir e no driving experience ako baka lemon ang makuha ko(wag naman sana).

Tapos ilang kaya mga fuel consumption nila? From taytay to ortigas?

For the Lancer EX A/T, with light traffic and disciplined driving style, you can expect 8 to 11km/L fuel mileage. Pretty good for a big car & a 2.0L engine.

Toss out the Vios. You can have other better choices and your budget permits even bigger choices. Example: Honda Jazz 1.5L and Toyota Corolla 1.6L

The Honda Jazz 1.5L is a good package of a car. Carries 4 to 5 people in relative comfort, you can carry very big items that would normally require a SUV or pickup to carry and it looks very sporty. Great for someone with an active lifestyle or just wants a car that can be more than the sum of it's parts. This model is relatively new so no worries that it would be replaced soon.

The Toyota Corolla 1.6L is a decent sized car with reliability attached to it's name. Rides well (on the soft side) and supposed to give decent fuel economy. It's definitely not a sporty ride but the 1.6L engine gives out 122hp, not bad for a small engine (typical EFI 1.6L engine a few years back only does 110hp). This car is the safe choice for anyone who is going to own a car for the first time and might plan to keep the car for many years too.

The Hyundai Elantra is a big question mark since the car has yet to be released. But given the Sonata and Accent, it promises to be a good car.

The Hyundai Sonata might be a bit big for your requirements. This car is already at the level of the Toyota Camry. A smaller (and cheaper) car might be best, like the Elantra if you can wait. If not, you can choose from others like the Civic, Altis, Lancer EX, etc.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 14th, 2011 at 10:20 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Dun ako sa Lancer EX GT-A sa suggestions ni GH.

Fun to drive, lots of toys, stunning looks, fuel efficient.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    GT-A nadin ako.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Whew! :faint: :jawdrop:

EX GT-A w/ Ralli Art badge.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ hay. if i only have 1.5M to spare.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    1.1M yung GT-A ah,

Para saan yung 400K?

Turbo...? :diablo:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hehehe mga sir di po ako ganon kahilig sa mga mods... Ok na sa akin yung itsura nya kasi super busy po ako talaga sa trabaho at the same time tumutulong din ako sa mama sa transactions nya. Ang gusto ko lang talaga ma enjoy ko siya papauwi hirap kasi mag commute lalo na pag umuulan saka may hypersensitivity ako sa alikabok at usok pahirap po talaga as in bahing ako ng bahing. Gusto ko sana wait yung elantra rin. Sigura sa luxury vehicle e yung mama ko ang bibili. Yung akin yung medyo simple lang di naman kasi ako tulad nya. hehe thanks po sa mga inputs nyo.... ^_^

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Looking for a new car