New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Sir, if you can't wait, the Accent Blue is my vote....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    if you can wait, I'd go with BroSG's advice. the Elantra.
    if you can't I suggest the Ford Fiesta, a damn good looking car and not bad to drive at all; the Chevy Cruze; Lancer EX; Hyundai Accent

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    * Mr. saipeme, thanks for the suggestion am thinking of the coolness of the slk but I cant face its maintenance to be honest, maybe someday if am on financial freedom state.
    *Mr.ghosthunter, i will consider your suggestions, am going to do my research on it.thanks
    *Mr.myk384, our purchase is scheduled between april to may, am on the research stage now. your from cainta next to our town taytay. thanks
    *Mr. edricdude, the elantra look ***y hehehe if ever there will be two hyundai at our house hehehehe... i will reaseach on this,thanks

Thanks for your suggestions i will update you guys and ask questions to you thanks a lot!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ah may Hyundai na pala kayo. hehehe, anong model?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    *SG, nope as of now we dont have any cars, my mom will buy a tucson after 6 months of purchase of the car the tucson will be used for her trippings /site visits in mountains, meetings, etc. Hehe the elantra looks cool and ***y hehehe. but am still open for other models...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    You can't go wrong with a Honda Civic for fuel efficiency and maintenance-free operation :D

Si sir SG bias talaga yan sa HARI. Napabili tuloy ako ng Hyundai pagkatapos ng "sales talk"

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    You can't go wrong with a Honda Civic for fuel efficiency and maintenance-free operation :D

Si sir SG bias talaga yan sa HARI. Napabili tuloy ako ng Hyundai pagkatapos ng "sales talk"
    Hindi naman Influence lang talaga ng Korean cars. Hanep eh hahaha. At hindi ako sa HARI bias, sa brand mismo bro. Kasi sa totoo lang mas gusto ko yung parallel import na version ng Hyundai e

BTW, after owning a Civic FD, I don't believe it's fuel efficient at all. Mas matipid lang siya sa Optra and that's it. haha

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Haha, HARI nalang tintype ko since ang haba ng Hyundai *palusot*

Fuel efficiency is still majority dictated by your driving style.

For example: I dunno why jeepney drivers protest over rising gas prices if they do this... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukXYSHvRYdc] (link from one of the threads in AI's forums that made me LOL)

Mazda2's a scrooge on space. They're better off chucking the rear seats off and giving the person a huge cargo bay instead IMO. But they're a real treat to drive.

The Fiesta is like a heavier Mazda2 with more toys chucked in.

The Cruze needs a better engine. And if Chevy PH wants people to buy the diesel version, they need to start lowering the price besides, they've improved their service, but it's not to the point of less headaches. Sasakit lang ata ulo mo sa paghanap ng Chevy dealership eh.

Really liked the Accent 1.6L interior. It's better than the Lancer even! But we can say that newer cars have better interior compared to 2007-release cars.. but Hyundai really had Mazda-like interior refinement here for the subcompact market. But...

You can add a few pesos more and get a Lancer EX which you'll smile when it comes to the purr of the engine. Handling would often be stated best-in-class but I still favor the Mazda 3 driving "fun". Tacky plastics in the dashboard and the wood trim is absolutely horrible. (As GH stated in past Lancer threads, purchase those carbon vinyl stickers)

Civic FD
    may be old (since 2006 pa sila) but there's no denying their greatness. Spare parts are easy to find.. too easy. In fact, Vios lang ata tatalo sa kanila sa spare parts eh The 1.8S hits the sweet spot.

Can't recommend the Mazda3 and Focus right now. Their replacements are inevitable.. Huge discounts though but you'll get a frown once their newer models arrive and you're stuck with the old one.

And if I hear "city driving use only", get those AT trannies! Automatics are nearly ESSENTIAL in city driving.

Feel ko matagal pa Elantra eh >_> just a personal hunch. I'm expecting it before the new Honda Civic hits the shores though. Which reminds me...

The new Civic should arrive by Summer. You might want to wait for it due: (1) It's a Honda (2) Di ka magkakaproblema sa spare parts.. by the looks of it, baka parts ng FD pwede pa gamitin hehe..

From the above cars, I'll still pick a Civic FD. You might want to get them second hand at around 600k and spend a few thousands on mods (body kits, etc.) and still have a lot of spare cash for the kids.

P.S. SG's interior pictures of the Accent doesn't do justice. The interior refinement is a step above its class. In fact, the plastics on the Altis looks even cheaper.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wait for the New Elantra and the New Civic. Then buy which is the better selling unit.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    The Ford Fiesta S is for you.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Looking for a new car