New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shans_wizard View Post
    Well i am not saying na i am looking for a car that is carnapp-proof. What i am emphasizing is that being number 1 on the most carnapped list speaks something about the car and the carnapper's preference. We just want to have a good ride without having to worry much about it getting carnapped (peace of mind habang naka park)
    As said... peace of mind while parked is not simply a matter of carnapping...

Everests share many body panels and parts across generations. Mainit yan sa mata ng mga nang-ka-kahoy ng parts. So far, the Ford Everest is the ONLY test unit I've borrowed which had its side-mirrors stolen.

The Crosswind is even worse. Mukha lang ang difference. Not only were my Crosswind's mirrors stolen, but my headlights were, too. And it's easy to steal stuff left in a Crosswind.

If the only reason you're staying away from the Fort is the fear that it, or something on it (mirrors, spare tire, etcetera) will get nicked when you park it, then don't buy an SUV... period. Buy a very unpopular car (see my post above).

-

Now that we've gotten that out of the way... if you really need a 4x2 SUV with modest rough road capability, the Montero Sport 4x2 AT hits the spot. Powerful engine, good interior. Third row is a bit tight, but the ride and interior are much better than the Fortuner.

If you want something that drives better, get a Santa Fe front-wheel drive CRDi. Better handling, softer ride, much better brakes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for your different opinions guys. By the way, i come from Davao city. I will visit for the last time Toyota, Mitsubishi and Isuzu showrooms tomorrow and try to decide on my final car. Though i am now 80% certain that i'll go for Montero Sport. Thanks again!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If the only reason you're staying away from the Fort is the fear that it, or something on it (mirrors, spare tire, etcetera) will get nicked when you park it, then don't buy an SUV... period. Buy a very unpopular car (see my post above).
    A friend of mine (who lives in Davao Oriental) bought an Actyon (Ssangyong) kasi hindi raw mainit sa mata.

He's pretty happy with it and thinks he actually made a better choice than his originally planned Sportivo or Tucson.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    .... an Actyon (Ssangyong) kasi hindi raw mainit sa mata...
    i still cant stand the looks of the actyon

natako ata ang mga carnappers sa actyon

mas okay pa ang itsura ng rexton

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    personally, nakakasuntok ng tao ung itsura ng actyon lalo na ung pickup. i know someone who owns one and super angas pa mag drive, kala mo dala dala super bigating car where is naman na mukhang makikipaglibing auto niya. sorry for being arrogant, i just hate that guy. hehe

Go for the Montero na, it's your choice anyway.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    A friend of mine (who lives in Davao Oriental) bought an Actyon (Ssangyong) kasi hindi raw mainit sa mata.

He's pretty happy with it and thinks he actually made a better choice than his originally planned Sportivo or Tucson.
    Ssangyong's cars are actually better than people expect them to be, though the interiors of the Actyon and Stavic are just two steps above Chinese-level in terms of plastic quality.

I actually rather like the Actyon's looks. Much in the same way I like a cubist Picasso woman. I could stare at her for hours, but I don't think I'd ever marry her...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ssangyong's cars are actually better than people expect them to be, though the interiors of the Actyon and Stavic are just two steps above Chinese-level in terms of plastic quality.

I actually rather like the Actyon's looks. Much in the same way I like a cubist Picasso woman. I could stare at her for hours, but I don't think I'd ever marry her...
    Well slightly less ugly than a 3 series...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    personally, nakakasuntok ng tao ung itsura ng actyon lalo na ung pickup. i know someone who owns one and super angas pa mag drive, kala mo dala dala super bigating car where is naman na mukhang makikipaglibing auto niya. sorry for being arrogant, i just hate that guy. hehe

Go for the Montero na, it's your choice anyway.
    me too, montero sport GLX-V is a topnotch, but my topchoice is the Toyota Fortuner o kaya Isuzu Alterra (since Isuzu,reliable diesel engine and tough tranny system) o kaya kung may M/T lang na Hyundai Sta.Fe, I'll go for it.

OT: eto napaka-weird talaga ng design nito ssyangyong borius

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    hindi naman SUV ang crosswind eh.. AUV yan..

given the choices.. get the Everest...
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    crosswind -- AUV trying to look like an SUV

puede na siguro

Isuzu Alterra dapat ang nandito hindi Sportivo e

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Speaking of that Stavic, when my dad saw one at an auto show, he told me "pangit naman nito". And at one forum, it was described as "Nasaksakan ng aparador" and "karo ng patay".

I love it's swiveling seats pero medyo bulky eh..

But it's each to it's own

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    (1) scrap the Sportivo on your list... instead, try to look at Alterra Zen since you're looking for an entry-level mid-sized suv with m/t.

(2) the reason why cars are being stolen, nowadays, is because of the parts or because it blends with the traffic. mas exotic ang kotse, mas hindi binabanatan. baliktad na ang mundo ngayon. before, the most stolen cars are the luxury cars... now, the "common-tao" car.

among all of the choices, i'd consider the montero or the everest. and if you could source a gray-market unit, i'd opt for a sta. fe. Alterra is not that popular that's why i could also consider it since you were trying to avoid a "Takaw-carjack" roller.

In the end, visit the showrooms and never forget to ask for perks. Most importantly, never forget to ask for a test-drive. Kung ano ang pinaka-nakursunadahan niyo, iyon ang bilhin niyo and mind not the comments such as "langya! bakit hindi iyong (brand) ang kinuha mo kesa dyan sa binili mo, eh (reasons) eh!"

:D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Looking to buy a 4x2 Manual Mid-sized SUV