New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    im planning to buy a hatch soon! just waiting for these 2 to be out and then ill compare what do you think guys?
    Ford Fiesta
    Ford Focus
    Honda fit
    Mazda 2
    Mazda Speed3
    Kia rio
    Hyundai i30 hatch
    Hyundai Accent 2012 hatch
    ofcourse price and performance din ttingnan yung most balanced

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    suzuki swift or mas mura 1.2 M/T kia picanto

http://www.**************/index.php/...o#imageGallery

pero sa list mo jazz pa din

Among given options I'd take either the Honda Fit or a diesel Hyundai i30.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    You have pointed out a very good line up of hatches. All have their pros and cons. These are my opinions on these hatches:

Ford Fiesta - the 1.4 MT provides very good handling. The Powershift on the Fiesta S kinda lingers in the low gears longer than suppose to be thereby sacrificing fuel economy a bit. One of the best looking Cars among Hatches.
    Ford Focus - This is going to be replaced soon. The new Focus looks very aggressive and has the MyFord interface thing. I think it might have a diesel variant. When that comes out it's going to be king.
    Honda fit - Most versatile of all. It can swallow up 3 balikbayan boxes and such. the MMC variant sold last year had the bodykit of the Honda FIT RS in Japan which looks the best among all hatches in my opinion. Problem here, supply and long waiting lists.
    Mazda 2 - I'd shy away from this one. It doesn't perform as well as the Fiesta or the Jazz. Small space too.
    Mazda Speed3 - this is going to be phased out soon since the new Mazda 3 will be coming out this year.
    Kia rio - looks very good, Start-stop button, chiller glove box. I have yet to see the new Rio but the price tag is kinda steep for a 1.4 power plant. it retails at 840K. Add 50K and you already get a Toyota Altis 1.6
    Hyundai i30 hatch - This is quite pricey at 900k+, you don't see it so much in our roads.
    Hyundai Accent 2012 hatch - If they have resolved that Engine Knocking thing that Accent owners are complaining about then it should be good. A diesel variant would be better! But is it confirmed already that HARI is going to bring in the Accent Hatch in the Phils?

My top choices are: The New Ford Focus if you can wait and if budget permits since this will be around 1M. Next would be the Honda Jazz however if the supply problem will make you wait for almost half a year you can never go wrong with a Ford Fiesta.

2012 Ford Focus | View Full Gallery of Photos | Ford.com

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    If HARI will release the 1.6 CRDi Accent hatch in a month time then I go with it. No need for explaination why??

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    You have pointed out a very good line up of hatches. All have their pros and cons. These are my opinions on these hatches:

Ford Fiesta - the 1.4 MT provides very good handling. The Powershift on the Fiesta S kinda lingers in the low gears longer than suppose to be thereby sacrificing fuel economy a bit. One of the best looking Cars among Hatches.
    Ford Focus - This is going to be replaced soon. The new Focus looks very aggressive and has the MyFord interface thing. I think it might have a diesel variant. When that comes out it's going to be king.
    Honda fit - Most versatile of all. It can swallow up 3 balikbayan boxes and such. the MMC variant sold last year had the bodykit of the Honda FIT RS in Japan which looks the best among all hatches in my opinion. Problem here, supply and long waiting lists.
    Mazda 2 - I'd shy away from this one. It doesn't perform as well as the Fiesta or the Jazz. Small space too.
    Mazda Speed3 - this is going to be phased out soon since the new Mazda 3 will be coming out this year.
    Kia rio - looks very good, Start-stop button, chiller glove box. I have yet to see the new Rio but the price tag is kinda steep for a 1.4 power plant. it retails at 840K. Add 50K and you already get a Toyota Altis 1.6
    Hyundai i30 hatch - This is quite pricey at 900k+, you don't see it so much in our roads.
    Hyundai Accent 2012 hatch - If they have resolved that Engine Knocking thing that Accent owners are complaining about then it should be good. A diesel variant would be better! But is it confirmed already that HARI is going to bring in the Accent Hatch in the Phils?

My top choices are: The New Ford Focus if you can wait and if budget permits since this will be around 1M. Next would be the Honda Jazz however if the supply problem will make you wait for almost half a year you can never go wrong with a Ford Fiesta.

2012 Ford Focus | View Full Gallery of Photos | Ford.com

the Speed3 isn't available in the Ph Market though.

The mazda 2 is really zippy for a small car and really good looking too. Drives pretty well and rides comfortably.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Best in what ?

Best in fuel economy ?
    Best in reliability ?
    Best in resale value ?
    Best in parts availability ?
    Best in space & cargo capacity ?
    Best in handling ?
    Best looking car ?
    Best top speed ?
    Best torque ?

The word BEST is subjective , theres no such thing as Best Hatchback !

Quote Originally Posted by kingsindian67 View Post
    Best in what ?

Best in fuel economy ?
    Best in reliability ?
    Best in resale value ?
    Best in handling ?
    Best looking car ?
    Best top speed ?
    Best torque ?

Best, in this case, might be the one that has the most balanced setup between these factors.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsindian67 View Post
    Best in what ?

Best in fuel economy ?
    Best in reliability ?
    Best in resale value ?
    Best in handling ?
    Best looking car ?
    Best top speed ?
    Best torque ?

It think here sir BEST= most balanced because you can have a car with the best speed but lakas naman sa gas, or car with less fuel consumption pero not nice performance or over priced etc.
    My personal opinion thought the accent hatch would kick ass if ever they would sell it here ang pogi with quality price pa

best hatchbacks? as of now vs incoming hyundai i30hatch and hyundai accent hatch 2012