New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which is more reliable?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Japanese

62 73.81%
  • European

22 26.19%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM
    what did you do, or how's your driving habit? are you one of those guys who practice "drive it like you stole it" or frequently go off-roading? he he kidding aside, i think you got a lemon though. anyway i've heard worse stories of some Toyota engines breaking down prematurely because of sludge formation.
    sa Rav4 forum (http://www.rav4world.com/)... halos same complaints lang ang naririnig ko... especially sa creaks & rattles ng interior.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sakit magsalita ni THE VEED. responsible age bracket lang naman ung ibang kagaya kong may chedeng. i just happen to afford it. :sigh:
    Last edited by ultimate; June 29th, 2005 at 08:24 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir mazda oo nga sa rav4world ang lagi lang complaints ng mga tao squeaks and rattles, same din sa akin ang macocomplain ko lang sa rav4 namin for the past 2 years are squeaks and rattles, performance wise walang problem.

i would say siguro maraming kelangan palitan or anu man ang jap cars kasi mura ang built materials niya, pero engine wise mas reliable ang jap cars pero mas refined and swabe ang euro cars.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    well, dito sa pinas, you still have to consider the fact that majority of the cars are asian made, and not euro... most euro car owners are rather in the higher age bracket that aren't that "visible" sa mga forums etc.

honestly, you dont see a lot of new jag/benz/bmw owners (as in sila bumili ha) that personally takes their cars to the casa as opposed to jap owners.

i still think jap cars are more bulletproof in maintenance and reliabilty than euro and american cars.

of course, issues with poor casa service and skills is a big factor with lowering quality post-sales.
    Ditto here.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yep tama c theveed majority of cars here are japs so naturally more problems arise for the jap cars.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for the price you pay, i agree that japanese brands give you more bang for the buck. even more in terms of maintenance and reliability. even comparing it per category, in almost every survey or study, jap cars come on top.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    i have both jap and euro cars. im not saying na walang kwenta ang jap car. the ones that they bring in to the U.S. from japan or partly made in the U.S. are a lot better than the ones they bring in to pinas and/or assembled in asia. more durable, more options,more power and lasts longer. kelangan kasi pumasa sa standards ng U.S. like most of jap cars in pinas are unfit for U.S. highways and that includes some euro cars and vans. MB vans , toyota prado , nissan patrol and even ford everest are some examples.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir ultimate, did you know that anywhere in the world, ang rav4 and land cruiser ata same lang lahat ang build quality, they are all shipped from japan CBU na...

pero yung mga european cars dito ewan ko saan gawa yung mga nandito, pero still i would say mas reliable pa din ang jap cars

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hehe, saka na ako boboto kapag nagkaroon kami ng Euro na auto. Kailan kaya yun?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate
    the ones that they bring in to the U.S. from japan or partly made in the U.S. are a lot better than the ones they bring in to pinas and/or assembled in asia. more durable, more options,more power and lasts longer. kelangan kasi pumasa sa standards ng U.S. like most of jap cars in pinas are unfit for U.S. highways and that includes some euro cars and vans. MB vans , toyota prado , nissan patrol and even ford everest are some examples.
    this is total bull, well probably not all of it. but there are some desirable models here that i'm sure envied by some people there. like what u ask?

-Civic with standard K20A3 engine!
    -Altis offered in the Phil, have so many luxury features (not just leather) that
    you wouldn't feel shortchanged even if your'e used inside a Lexus!

and i don't agree that Toyota Prado & Nissan Patrol are substandard that it won't pass US standards. that's another mis-conception, the real reason is Toyota & Nissan don't think it fits into American's mind & taste. so no market means they wouldn't waste they're resources to meet Federal standards. Even for years, while the rest of the world gets Lancer Evo's & Subaru STi's, those lusting Joe's couldn't get their hands on them because Mitsu gave them the excuse that it wouldn't pass Federal standards because the Bumper openings are too big (for d intercooler & all). but as soon as Mitsu realized the market was there (after strong demand for the WRX) a simple mod was done to federalize it. the US maybe the largest Car market in the world, but not all the best Cars could be found there. There are other more desirable cars in the other side of the Pacific too.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Japanese vs European Car Reliability