Purchasing a car for my wife towards the end of the year.

Car will be used for 10 years in Metro Manila with occasional out of town trips
95% of the time, 1-2 passengers

Options are:
(I've seen other possible options and have decided NOT to consider them).

1. Innova G A/T - I think eto pinasulit sa options. At PHP 1,592,000 - mawawala lang sa akin is the V's Captain's chair, Push to start and Airbags
2. Innova V - around PHP 140K more expensive, pero may DRL (big plus for me), push to start (big plus for wife) & Captain's chair (big plus kung sino man sasakay)

3. Fortuner G A/T - I think this is the biggest among the cars I'm looking at. Bibili na lang din, go big

*based on the site, I think the Innova G/V and Fortuner G has front and rear sensors + back-up camera -> really important for my wife

4. Montero GLS A/T - has cruise control and electric parking brake. I think is also has a 360 camera

*big plus sa Montero yung cruise control and parking brake. very high points for the 360 camera

Isinama ko na din options 5&6 as wife thinks the 4 cars mentioned above are too big

5. Corolla Cross - haven't seen one, pero based on what I've read. looks good as an alternative (I also prefer the 1.8 engine compared to the Territory's 1.5L engine)

6. Territory Titanium - love the looks and the sunroof

key points:
  • Options 1-4 may be more expensive now, pero I'm sure mababawi ko yung extra $$$ when I sell the car 10 years later
  • Options 1-4 are diesel, I'm sure to get better mileage when the car is loaded with cargo (especially sa out of town trips)
  • MPV vs SUV - the only benefit I see here is that mas mura tires nung Innova when its time to replace them.

That 5% for out of town trips may be "occasional," pero its the only time when the in-laws will be riding the car and the only time when 2-3 times ka magpapa-full tank in a week