New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    +1 sa grandis. with all the goodies that it has, it's considerable. and the tax bloated the price.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bench seats po talaga ang standard middle/2nd row seats ng Innova. Except for the top of the line model which gets 2nd row captains chairs. Ito yung may ABS at dual SRS and leather.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmc View Post
    Hello to all. Now I know that the Grandis is marketed as a luxury MPV and the Innova is an entry-level MPV, but I think the V variant already has a lot of luxury features (ABS, dual airbags, all-leather trim and seats) and at just over 1M, it seems like a heck of a lot of value for money. The Grandis looks good as well but the 1.5M price tag seems a bit much.

So, aside from the obvious price difference, any opinion on why the Grandis might be a better buy than the Innova V (please ignore the lower Innova variants)? I hope you can help coz we're really planning to buy a new car soon.

Important aspects for me: ride, handling, maintenance (incl. availability of parts and price), after-sales service, fuel economy, looks (int/ext).

Hope you can help!
    why dont you just get a 4x2 fortuner? it much more worth it innova ata yung sulit coz medyo malayo naprice nya sa grandis pero looks wise grandis ... but in everything else toyota

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ah, okay I thought there's an option to have the bench seats sa V variant... but the captain seats look cool too.

I know the Innova is everywhere now, that's why we're planning to get the black, higher-end model para medyo maiba ng konti :-)

Bogeyman, I agree to the comment re: ground clearance. We have a steep ramp up to our garage and "sayad" is always a concern...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... looks like the Innova is better suited to you as regards ground clearance. Although the Grandis is probably not as low as a passenger car, its overhangs might be a bit of a problem with your steep ramp up.

Personally, the 2 things going for the Grandis are its more car like power and feel, as well as its "luxury MPV" stature, which covers for a better interior fit and finish. For the Innova, its 'T' badge which would spell more available parts and casas (although some of these casas are really a disappointment in terms of After sales service), market value/sale-ability, and perhaps more perceived flexibility. It's luxurious in the sense that it's the most appointed model of the Innova line, but it's still not luxurious enough to make you think twice about "abusing" it.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I guess Grandis wins in pretty much all categories except resale since the more expensive the car, the bigger hit later on.

Or if youre not really in a rush to get a new minivan, why not wait for the Mazda 5. It was mentioned on the latest C! Magazine cover and they usually feature cars that are either available or going to be launched locally. I'm guessing that Mazda 5 price should be very slightly higher than the top of the line Innova.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    True, but waiting will always lead to more confusing options hehehe... Just playin' with ya, Ryan... :D

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Yah, totoo yan hehehe!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Grandis is a better choice. Mahirap na kasi pag you're heart beats for the Grandis tapos Innova binili mo... and then pag dating sa kalsada sakay ka sa Innova mo at nakatabi mo 'yong Grandis, hirap nung mainggit, hehehe.
    Test drive both too, and you'll find out that steep ramp in the garade can be remedied for the Grandis to enter without sayad issues, hehehe
    Last edited by 20vanda01; November 24th, 2006 at 10:36 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, di naman ako maiinggit sa Grandis when I'm driving a turbodiesel Innova... ...of course, I own neither, and I prefer a real sedan to a minivan that feels like one... hehehe... And, like I said, the Innova, while not completely car-like, drives tons better than older AUVs... almost car-like, and with only a minor penalty in ride-stiffness.

RE: Bench: Yeah, the bench would be more useful than captain's chairs, but it's nice to live a little.

RE: Fortuner: Innova = more value for money, and a better ride. The Fortuner's ultra-stiff anti-roll bars, tall ride height, and heavy tires translate to a ride that isn't as comfortable as the Innova's (strange that the Innova is the cheaper one)... Sure, there's more "dating" in the Fortuner, but the Innova is the more accomplished people mover, especially considering the Fortuner has no second row aircon and the lack of a step or rubber cladding on the rear bumper means loading cargo into the cargo bay of the Fortuner with the third seat raised is a pain.

Don't get me wrong, driving the Fortuner is pretty cool (it's fast and handles well for such a tall vehicle), but the Innova is painless to drive.

Still, if pogi-points are all that matter, Fortuner>Grandis>Innova... but practicality-wise, Innova over either.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Innova V vs Grandis