New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hello to all. Now I know that the Grandis is marketed as a luxury MPV and the Innova is an entry-level MPV, but I think the V variant already has a lot of luxury features (ABS, dual airbags, all-leather trim and seats) and at just over 1M, it seems like a heck of a lot of value for money. The Grandis looks good as well but the 1.5M price tag seems a bit much.

So, aside from the obvious price difference, any opinion on why the Grandis might be a better buy than the Innova V (please ignore the lower Innova variants)? I hope you can help coz we're really planning to buy a new car soon.

Important aspects for me: ride, handling, maintenance (incl. availability of parts and price), after-sales service, fuel economy, looks (int/ext).

Hope you can help!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In terms of value, the Innova is hard to beat, but if you compare the quality of the interior and fit of the Grandis, the Innova comes up short.

I think the Grandis is more car-like-van while the Innova is more of a hybrid van/utility vehicle.

If money isn't an issue, I love how the Grandis looks inside-out. But since if value is concerned, Innova is hard to beat.

Just out of speculation:

Ride - Grandis
    Handling - Grandis
    Maintenance - Innova - Economies of scale, the more units sold, the more parts available, the lower the parts cost.
    AS- Dealer-dependent, tough call.
    Fuel Economy - Assuming the Innova's a gas? No idea, but couldn't be that far off.
    Looks - Not even close, Grandis.

For sure you'll be able to resell the Innova faster in the future, though.
    Last edited by theveed; November 23rd, 2006 at 08:19 PM.

i agree with sir theveed... if you have extra budget go for the grandis.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    innova is not even close in comparison to grandis...to level it up you should consider comaparing it head to head with the new Previa

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pareho yata silang A/T, at pareho ding mukhang dugong, ehehehehe.

Baka sa ground clearance sila magkatalo. Like, I'd be more likely to dare braving the floods in an Innova than a Grandis, especially if the former's a diesel (problematic nga pala ang D-4D, so...). Unless you live in Tagaytay, where I've seen the most number of road-going Grandis units so far.

Overall value, I'd hand it to the Innova V.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Innova is more car for the money, but comparing it to the Grandis is like comparing a Kia Picanto to a Honda Jazz. Yes, they'll do about the same thing, but they're not in the same market.

The Grandis definitely has it all over the Innova in terms of ride and handling, but the Innova is much better than the more traditional AUV (the Revo) it replaces. Just as the Picanto is much better than the Pride...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the response! I had the same thing in mind, I know talagang di sila magka-class but again, practicality is a heavy factor to consider. It really boils down to: am I willing to pay 500K more for those extra luxuries?

At least there seems to be a consensus that indeed, the Innova V is worth is weight in *pesos*...

Just one last question, sir otep ano po ba yung option for bench seats? Does this come in the V variant?

Again, thanks!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    + 1 for Grandis.

Aside sa mga lamang niya sa features over Innova, iba ang arrive ng Grandis eh. Palasak na palasak na sa kalsada, whereas Grandis eh may representasyon ka pa. Presyo lang talaga nagkatalo. Everything else, Grandis.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    +1 sa grandis. with all the goodies that it has, it's considerable. and the tax bloated the price.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bench seats po talaga ang standard middle/2nd row seats ng Innova. Except for the top of the line model which gets 2nd row captains chairs. Ito yung may ABS at dual SRS and leather.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Innova V vs Grandis