New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Most of my supervisors, naka-Vios. They've been running for hundreds of thousands of kilometers over the past 10 years and are still able to run at triple digit speeds covering hundreds of kilometers per day. Parts are abundant and are easily repairable compared to our other cars in the fleet (Mirage, Tata, etc).

That's why the Vios is regarded highly in terms of reliability and ease of maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Nice banana. Hehe. I’m speaking with experience with our 1st gen vios. Aside from fuel efficency and easy to source parts, I was very disappointed with it.

That is a 2nd gen vios with 400k in its odo. With that amount of Km, I’m assuming its mostly used for the highway which is supposedly healthier than city driving if driven in a relaxed state. Wonder how many parts have been replaced with that already.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    its still reliable imo. replace the wear and tear items and youre good for several years.
    And so is a Honda city with a manual transmission or with a torque converter. I’m just saying, parts wear out pretty fast for the vios in my experience and that doesn’t seem to be in the realm of the definition of “reliable”...

BTW, this is the 1st gen vios I’m talking about. I’m sure improvements were made with the subsequent generations.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Yes, that is true, parts will eventually wear out but I find it irritating that the vios is worshipped as one of the most reliable cars when in fact its reliability is actually below average. Forgot to mention, we also had a 2004 lancer cedia at the same time back then which was also subjected to the same road conditions as the vios, and that lancer cedia was never known for its reliability but surprisingly it held up better than the vios. Lumabas lang kalampag after 8 years pa.

Maybe the subsequent gen vios has better reliability. Never owned one again after selling ours.
    there are real or perceived reasons why vios (or any other car, for that matter) appears to sell well:
    1. good product quality;
    2. good after-sales support, and not necessarily from the casa;
    3. matipid gamitin.
    4. competitive price.
    5. herd immunity!
    6. good advertisement.

i had a cedia once.
    it was a nice car to drive. but it had quirks that some folks simply can not live with. which is, i daresay, true for all cars, bar none. no car is perfect.

back in 2004, who were the competitors of the vios?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 2nd, 2018 at 07:47 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ЩдŗҜ View Post
    Hi to all car enthusiasts!.,I'm planning to buy a 2nd. hand car next month but with a limited budget of only 150k. My 1st. choice is Honda City Type Z or the Exi model and my 2nd. choice is Toyota Glxi/Gli model, can someone pls. suggest which of the 2 car brands is better in terms of performance and maintenance??. Before I used to have a Honda City 96 Exi model and its performance and engine is excellent only that the maintenance is costly (replaced A/F sensor, oil leaks at the distribution cap and crankshaft oil seal), maybe due to the 160,000kms. it has already reached. Any suggestions is much appreciated'.,also is there anyone who is selling Honda type Z or Toyota Glxi?..
    Thanks....
    Toyota cheap and easy to find spare parts

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rfvinuya View Post
    Toyota cheap and easy to find spare parts
    Hinde na totoo yan. 19 kopong kopong pa yan ganyan belief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hinde na totoo yan. 19 kopong kopong pa yan ganyan belief.

I see. Maybe you own all the car brands? Kasi we have a Fortuner, CX-5, Civic and a Starex. Of all of them we did not encounter to wait for the spare parts for the Fortuner at the Casa while the others sometimes spare parts are not available specially the CX-5.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I see. Maybe you own all the car brands? Kasi we have a Fortuner, CX-5, Civic and a Starex. Of all of them we did not encounter to wait for the spare parts for the Fortuner at the Casa while the others sometimes spare parts are not available specially the CX-5.
    Not all but I've have owned most of what your family currenty have and then some.

But your belief still a fallacy.

Anybody can get parts for honda as easily as toyota.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    TOYOTA all the way!

My family has gone through different brands (including a Civic) but I am loyal to Toyota. My 2010 Altis NEVER had any repairs since the warranty expired. I'm more than impressed with the durability of this car.

Toyota also has the best after sales service! The best!!!

I do like the current civic and crv but if I had the money, I would still PROBABLY get a Toyota because of Toyota's after sales service

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Depende naman kase sa piyesa yan, wala sa casa malamang sa planta meron. Tulog kase ang pera if mag over stock ang casa ng piyesa unless fast moving yung piyesa na yun.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Toyota also has the best after sales service! The best!!!
    Parang may rants ka before dun sa 11th gen mo ata yun? He he he

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Honda or Toyota?..