New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung ako choice ko Toyota kung second hand at medyo me edad na bukod sa piyesa na available at mura pa.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i'd choose honda if i got the budget... but performance wise, Toyota ain't that bad, you just keep looking for that car. like you i am also hunting for one choosing between Corolla GLi 93up and Jazz but i dont have the budget for jazz right now,...goodluck on finding your car

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i'd go for a toyota. availability and affordable parts.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    go for Toyota

:car:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Toyota Corolla.

I have a 1996 Gli and it still works perfectly! It's very easy to maintain and I'm a girl! So you should have a breeze maintaining your Toyota then.

Does Toyota have a GLXi? Isn't that a Lancer?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; November 5th, 2010 at 12:23 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ЩдŗҜ View Post
    cguro nga with my limited budget I would go for the corolla even though by heart I still prefer Honda...,many thanx to all..

cheers...
    Guys sorry to bother, i need your wisdom on this, i am looking for a secondhand car, my options are 1 2005 toyota vios 1.3 nz engine, and a 2008 honda city 1.3 i-dsi engine, both with the same price both 5 speed manual, both same mileage, i will like to know what is the best option, considering i live in cebu, when it comes to parts availability, and fuel efficiency, and what engine give less hassle to repair and last longer, please help me out with ur wisdom guys, thanks. i just want a reliable car to go from point A to point B, i don't care about been fast etc, i just want the most reliable car. thank you guys.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sumomosan View Post
    Guys sorry to bother, i need your wisdom on this, i am looking for a secondhand car, my options are 1 2005 toyota vios 1.3 nz engine, and a 2008 honda city 1.3 i-dsi engine, both with the same price both 5 speed manual, both same mileage, i will like to know what is the best option, considering i live in cebu, when it comes to parts availability, and fuel efficiency, and what engine give less hassle to repair and last longer, please help me out with ur wisdom guys, thanks. i just want a reliable car to go from point A to point B, i don't care about been fast etc, i just want the most reliable car. thank you guys.
    Honda makes the best engines. I'm still holding on to my old 1.3 i-dsi. Very reliable. More spacious than vios. Fantastic versatility with the ULT seats

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sumomosan View Post
    The City will probably be nicer to be in, but since you want the most reliable one, I'm siding with the Vios for this one. No need to look further if you're after reliability (and easy parts and maintenance). The 2NZ-FE has quite the resume for reliability, powering the 1999 Toyota Echo all the way to the 2016 Vios. Toyota knows what its doing. It may be old tech, but it won't let you down.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    if you are not badge conscious and you are in Cebu. for me better to get a toyota, original parts are everywhere and cheap. madami din surplus or replacement OEM if you're on a tight budget.
    Honda parts are also plenty but most are 3rd party parts or surplus, and usually mas mahal kesa sa toyota. mas mapapamahal ka in rebuilding your second hand car if may mga problema.

for sure may papaayos ka jan, makina, especially suspension parts, and some bearings sa pulley. (wag maniniwala sa tag ng mga seller na, sasakyan nalang....)

good luck bro. what was the condition of the both cars you had surveyed. both sariwa pa?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    test-drive them both.
    get the one you are more comfortable in.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda or Toyota?..