New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi to all car enthusiasts!.,I'm planning to buy a 2nd. hand car next month but with a limited budget of only 150k. My 1st. choice is Honda City Type Z or the Exi model and my 2nd. choice is Toyota Glxi/Gli model, can someone pls. suggest which of the 2 car brands is better in terms of performance and maintenance??. Before I used to have a Honda City 96 Exi model and its performance and engine is excellent only that the maintenance is costly (replaced A/F sensor, oil leaks at the distribution cap and crankshaft oil seal), maybe due to the 160,000kms. it has already reached. Any suggestions is much appreciated'.,also is there anyone who is selling Honda type Z or Toyota Glxi?..
    Thanks....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    All old cars will need more repairs.

Best you can do is to find one in good condition with relatively low mileage on the odometer.

Personally I would choose the Corolla because of the car being more common so you can have more units to choose from and potentially cheaper to maintain.

But for your budget, it would be hard or impossible to find a car that is less than ten years old.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    honda pa din

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the model. In this case, I'd choose the Toyota...

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Ako honda.. pero I doubt kung may makuha kang 150t na 2nd hand Honda na in good condition

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    since nagkaron ka na ng city before, better to get toyota naman. both of them are good reliable cars pero age is always a factor. more than 10 years old na oto will give you problems unless you well know the history of the car (which i doubt that the seller will give you).

personally, better looking yung city than the big body. reliability, both are very reliable basta you've done all the repairs needed. performance, gli is 1600 and the city is 1300 so i think corolla will give more power. at that budget, i suggest na ipon muna kahit mga 20k para safe if something breaks down.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Toyota, lalo na sa luma (older than 10 years), mas madali mahanapan parts at madali pa service. Although ganuon din ang Honda pero medyo nga mas mahal parts nito. Mahusay kung may magbenta sayo ng kotse na alaga ng dating may ari kahit 10++ years old na. Rare cases ito but it does happen.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Honda syempre... Toyota has never been able to truly beat Honda in their vehicles' performance. they just gain ground in affordability and reliability. Their vehicles were never truly exciting or exceptionally good in performance, just practical and soulless. Some people may like that, but not me. The 1st Gen. City is an excellent car. It has a powerful 16V EFI engines across the line, good FC figures and the facelifted Type-Z actually looks pretty good. If you can find one that fits your budget then it would be really great. If possible, stretch your budget a bit further and get a newer unit for lesser problems. As for Toyota, you can go a notch higher with the older but bigger and more powerful 1.6 AE101. Another good alternative is the '93-'97 "itlog" Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6GLXi which has the same performance figures as the Corolla GLi.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    cguro nga with my limited budget I would go for the corolla even though by heart I still prefer Honda...,many thanx to all..

cheers...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I see, pero OK lang yan! The Corolla GLi is still better than the 1st gen City EXi in terms of size, looks, and performance. Having DOHC 16V EFI, its got the best performance in the compact car class of its day until the EK Civic VTi came in in 1996, so its really quite decent. But if you really want a Honda, the '93-'95 Accord EXi is available for 100+k.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Honda or Toyota?..