New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Get the everest. I own a mazda 3 2015 i really love the car its fun to drive and looks good in and out.
    But when i got my montero 2016 my mazda 3 sits on the garage most of the time now. Iba talaga ang practicality ng PPV over a sedan. You'll know it once you get the everest. And besides bihisan mo lang konti yung everest dka na mapapalingon sa mga sedan 😁

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Kung max mo 1.5 million mag CR-Z ka na

Sa unang tingin lang maganda current civic. Sa 2nd look 3rd look wala na. Bigyan kita example ng maka 100th look maganda pa din = honda city and fortuner.

At sa presyo 1.4 million na civic eh sayang pera. Yung entry level na CR-Z mas nararapat sa ganyan presyo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chiezee View Post
    Get the everest. I own a mazda 3 2015 i really love the car its fun to drive and looks good in and out.
    But when i got my montero 2016 my mazda 3 sits on the garage most of the time now. Iba talaga ang practicality ng PPV over a sedan. You'll know it once you get the everest. And besides bihisan mo lang konti yung everest dka na mapapalingon sa mga sedan 😁

Sabi nila, naka embed na sa brain natin na height = king! Kaya nung mga ancient times, ung mga kalesa or ung mga karo ng Hari matataas or buhat sila ng slaves para mataas sila while in transport.

Same feeling when you're riding an suv. You feel king and look down on people literally and somewhat figuratively. Wag ka lang matatabihan ng Bus or Truck na mas malaki since mas king sila.. LOL.

Different story if you're into spirited driving. Sa oto ako.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'd get the Trend in a heartbeat.

Unless you drive fast on mountain roads frequently, the Civic and Mazda 3 aren't as versatile as the Everest. Since I assume you're still pretty young, the harsher ride of the Everest compared to the sedans shouldn't bother you much.

It will also come out cheaper to run because the Everest is more efficient and is a diesel. Resale value is much, much better than either of the 2 sedans too.

Thanks for the advice sir! Is the Everest the cheapest to maintain and run overall among the three? Mas mahal din kasi toll fee sa highway, car wash, LTO, maintenance, etc. pag mas malaki car mo di ba? I'm also alone most of the time so not sure if sulit saken Everest.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Since you are considering the RS, get it. Or else, medyo masasaktan ka everytime you see one. Just don't get the Modulo, sa labas ka nalang kung gusto mo yung mga kits. :D

I think mas malaki ang possible remorse mo, when you buy an Everest, and you see an RS, than when you get the RS.

Last month, I was looking at the Innova, Fortuner, and Civic. I got the 1.8 Civic. :D

Masyado ng mahal for me ang RS.. ehehe Nakakaguilty, tatlo na babies namin! ahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Well, just for the reason why you are considering the Everest, because it is more practical versus the other 2. Most often than not, the practical choice does not make us happy.

Also, andami ng Everest sa daan, so kapag nakaCivic ka, medyo magsasawa ka din sa mga Everest na nakikita mo. With the Civic, medyo konti palang. Isa lang ata nakikita ko dito sa amin per day, minsan wala man ako makita na iba.

I say fun now, practical later nalang. Kaya pa naman bumili ng Innova let's say in 5 years, kapag may anak na.

Get the White RS, may bridal car kapa! ahaha!

Pero if you want fun na din, pero medyo practical, just get the 1.8E. Or the lower variant Mazda 3.
    Hahahahaha! Medyo same tayo magisip sir! Civic RS is my top choice talaga. Hindi nga lang talaga practical for the price. And yes, White nga sana para bridal car na din.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You'll feel more pain and remorse everytime you scrape your under chassis whenever hit a pothole or drive on a steep incline ... or whenever you fill up at fuel station and see the diesel vehicle beside you paying less for more fuel ...
    This is my other concern. Medyo mababa kasi Civic RS and Mazda 3 Speed.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chiezee View Post
    Thanks sir! Mukang mas practical nga ata ang Everest. How about the maintenance? Same lang ba compared to sedans?

Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Kung max mo 1.5 million mag CR-Z ka na

Sa unang tingin lang maganda current civic. Sa 2nd look 3rd look wala na. Bigyan kita example ng maka 100th look maganda pa din = honda city and fortuner.

At sa presyo 1.4 million na civic eh sayang pera. Yung entry level na CR-Z mas nararapat sa ganyan presyo.
    Hahahaha! I agree! That's why pinapatagal ko muna baka magbago pa isip ko sa Civic RS.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    My opinion is based on my experience owning an SUV.
    I think starting a family and buying an SUV does not go well together.
    Practicality aside, SUVs are not convenient for pregnant women and your soon-to-be-kids (at least from infant to toddler stage).
    Ingress and egress is much more difficult than a CUV or sedan.
    Just imagine your wife, with that big heavy baby bump and/or sleeping baby/ies in her arms, trying to get inside and going down of your SUV.
    .....but if you have a tall wife, then I think an SUV will be better than a sedan.
    HTH.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Allow me to think outside the box.

Diesel?
    Comfort?
    Height?
    Practicality?
    Luxury?
    True 4x4 capability? (hindi puro porma)

Here's an example: 213 Mitsubishi Pajero Gls Diesel | *******

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *paomigz15 - is the 1.5M the ceiling of your budget? I do agree with some that the Everest is the most practical among your choices and the Civic RS is not worth its 1.4M price tag. However, I do have a different view.

If you really need the space for people, the Everest is a wise choice. It is big and tall plus it has the advantage of the frugality of a diesel. It may not be as comfortable as a car due to its pickup-like ride but these vehicles are meant for all-around utility.

If you want spirited driving and performance, go save up for an extra 400k and get yourself a Subaru WRX. It has more power and torque, lots of grip with its AWD system, and a tuned suspension. You don't need all those kits with a WRX. You can get the WRX in either MT or CVT.

If you want performance on a budget, go with the Focus Sport 1.5L Ecoboost. You can get it for just over 1M with discounts. The Sport+ has the extra features but it cost 200k+ more. Its 1.5L turbo engine packs 180hp/240Nm and more in the likes of cars with 2.5L NA engines. It may be a few ticks slower from 0 to 100kmh against the Civic RS due to its heavier weight but it has a better tuned suspension. My father-in-law has a Civic RS and I feel that its suspension is more tuned for comfort, more like a small Accord. My Fiesta Ecoboost's suspension feels stiffer.

If you long for a comfortable ride and better performance, get a sporty midsize car like the Accord or Mazda6. Check them out and you can say that the interiors of the Civic or Mazda3 looks cheap against these cars. They are also no slouch in terms of performance and handling. They maybe around 1.7M-1.8M in price but they offer more than what a Civic or Mazda3 can deliver.

However, if you want a practical ride for 5 people which has better ground clearance and drives more like a car instead of a pickup plus enough room for carrying stuff, get a CUV (Forester, CX5, CRV, etc.). At 1.5M, you have a lot of options to choose from. If you can extend your budget a bit, you can have a CUV with the engine of the WRX which allows you to scoot faster than a Civic RS while still comfortably seating 5 and room in the back for golf bags, luggage, grocery, etc. I am happy camper with Forester XT.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast