New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    i have a diesel SUV, and an mpv, and hopefully i'd be adding a sedan.
    why? i miss the comfort, ease of handling and that zippy feeling.
    i'm sure it will get more road time with me than the others because of that.
    binata ka pa naman pre, in your shoes I would get the civic mid-variant, pormahan mo na lang if you want.
    get or add a diesel suv or auv in the future when you begin to have kids.
    iba pa rin ang sedan, lalo na bagong civic at mz3.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by paomigz15 View Post
    Hahahahaha! Medyo same tayo magisip sir! Civic RS is my top choice talaga. Hindi nga lang talaga practical for the price. And yes, White nga sana para bridal car na din.
    See, I get you. Just get the Sedans. Yung mas gusto mo nalang sa dalawa. Pero tama, masyadong mahal ang RS, 1.8E is a great car already. Sabi nila, baka daw magsisi ako kung hindi pa RS kinuha ko, pero hindi naman ako nagsisisi ngayon. Di ko talaga majustify yung additional 300K na di ko naman magagamit talaga. 1 month na sa akin sasakyan, average speed ko 20KM/H. Ahaha!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Wahahaha, I bet you made an easy pass doing much faster than 160kmh. Some parts of Skyway tend to be bumpy at those speeds.
    i know it could go faster kuya, i needed to exit bicutan..drivers with new cars tend have a heavy foot...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by squeesix View Post
    i have a diesel SUV, and an mpv, and hopefully i'd be adding a sedan.
    why? i miss the comfort, ease of handling and that zippy feeling.
    i'm sure it will get more road time with me than the others because of that.
    binata ka pa naman pre, in your shoes I would get the civic mid-variant, pormahan mo na lang if you want.
    get or add a diesel suv or auv in the future when you begin to have kids.
    iba pa rin ang sedan, lalo na bagong civic at mz3.
    It's good to hear your opinion sir based on your experience. Yes, I'll probably get a sedan. Perhaps a mid variant instead of getting a high-end variant as you've suggested.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Seems like you really want a sedan over an SUV. IMO just save the 300k and get a Civic 1.8E instead of the RS.

Do you drive fast? Do you run at 200 kph frequently? Do you race on track? Do you usually drive on mountain roads at high speeds?

If not, the Civic 1.8E is good enough. Don't get me wrong, the 1.5 turbo on the Civic RS is great - outstanding power even from a standstill all the way to its redline. However, most people don't really need it. Review the difference in features of the 1.8E and RS and weigh if the additional features plus the additional power is enough to shell out the extra cash.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    I'm just an average driver and I normally just roam around Metro Manila so I think the Civic 1.8 E might be good enough for me with regards to the performance. But I'm also considering the other features on the RS like leather seats, 17" wheels, etc.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    See, I get you. Just get the Sedans. Yung mas gusto mo nalang sa dalawa. Pero tama, masyadong mahal ang RS, 1.8E is a great car already. Sabi nila, baka daw magsisi ako kung hindi pa RS kinuha ko, pero hindi naman ako nagsisisi ngayon. Di ko talaga majustify yung additional 300K na di ko naman magagamit talaga. 1 month na sa akin sasakyan, average speed ko 20KM/H. Ahaha!
    1.8 E Modulo ba yung sayo? Tama masdyado mahal. Pero parang ok kasi yung added features like leather seats na, 17" wheels, navigation, etc.. Balak ko na kasi gamitin to for the next 5 to 10 years na so gusto ko yung best na hahaha! Bili na lang ako SUV as a 2nd car pag may kids na.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm just an average driver and I normally just roam around Metro Manila so I think the Civic 1.8 E might be good enough for me with regards to the performance. But I'm also considering the other features on the RS like leather seats, 17" wheels, etc.
    Leather seats - 6.5k for the seatcover, 30k for full reupholstery

17" wheels - trade-in your stock 16" rims and add 20k, you already have 18" wheels

Spoiler - 10k from accessories shops including paint

Waaaay less than the 300k extra. Waste of money if you just want the extra features since it won't even cost 50k to get the extras you want.

BTW - Modulo looks downright ricey. Stock is the way to go. Much cheaper too.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I'd think long term if you have marriage plans already. A year goes by quickly you won't notice it. Priorities shift so fast. A sedan's not bad for starting a family but make sure you won't be needing the added utilities of an SUV in the next 5 years.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    1.8 E Modulo ba yung sayo? Tama masdyado mahal. Pero parang ok kasi yung added features like leather seats na, 17" wheels, navigation, etc.. Balak ko na kasi gamitin to for the next 5 to 10 years na so gusto ko yung best na hahaha! Bili na lang ako SUV as a 2nd car pag may kids na.
    Nope, 1.8E lang. Never been a fan of kits naman kasi talaga. And don't go Modulo siguro, kasi andami sa labas na mga body kits, para mas madami kang choices.

For the navigation, just buy an Android phone, download Android Auto apk, install it, then hook up your phone via the USB, and there you go, instant navi, mauupdate mo pa on your own. I downloaded an offline area. The Android phone I have is the Asus Zenfone Selfie, walang load lagi. Pero okay ang Google Maps! I also have an iPhone, na pwede din Car Play, kaso pangit Nav ng Apple Maps.

And Jutz is right, just buy those things sa labas, naku, andaming choices! Just join the Civic X facebook group, makikita mo lahat dun.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Leather seats - 6.5k for the seatcover, 30k for full reupholstery

17" wheels - trade-in your stock 16" rims and add 20k, you already have 18" wheels

Spoiler - 10k from accessories shops including paint

Waaaay less than the 300k extra. Waste of money if you just want the extra features since it won't even cost 50k to get the extras you want.

BTW - Modulo looks downright ricey. Stock is the way to go. Much cheaper too.

That makes sense! I'll just save the extra money to get a Potato Corner franchise! hahaha

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast