New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Hey guys! Ano kaya mas sulit saken? Honda Civic RS Modulo or Mazda 3 Speed or Everest Trend? Work from home ako and 3 to 4 times a week lang ako lumabas either papunta gym or kapag may lakad. Usually magisa lang ako or kasama ko si girlfriend. My budget is P1.5M. I'm also planning to use the car for the next 5 to 10 years. By the way, I'm also planning to get married at the end of the year or early next year that's why I'm also considering an SUV for family use. My current car is Mazda 3 2005 so plan ko na benta yun baka saken kasi abutan ng kung ano anong sira, actually may sira nga siya ngayon nasa casa. Any other suggestions are welcome

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd get the Trend in a heartbeat.

Unless you drive fast on mountain roads frequently, the Civic and Mazda 3 aren't as versatile as the Everest. Since I assume you're still pretty young, the harsher ride of the Everest compared to the sedans shouldn't bother you much.

It will also come out cheaper to run because the Everest is more efficient and is a diesel. Resale value is much, much better than either of the 2 sedans too.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'd get the Trend in a heartbeat.

Unless you drive fast on mountain roads frequently, the Civic and Mazda 3 aren't as versatile as the Everest. Since I assume you're still pretty young, the harsher ride of the Everest compared to the sedans shouldn't bother you much.

It will also come out cheaper to run because the Everest is more efficient and is a diesel. Resale value is much, much better than either of the 2 sedans too.

+1

Same sentiments. Also that flood proof height is numero uno.

Diesel costs per week will be much lower too.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Since you are considering the RS, get it. Or else, medyo masasaktan ka everytime you see one. Just don't get the Modulo, sa labas ka nalang kung gusto mo yung mga kits. :D

I think mas malaki ang possible remorse mo, when you buy an Everest, and you see an RS, than when you get the RS.

Last month, I was looking at the Innova, Fortuner, and Civic. I got the 1.8 Civic. :D

Masyado ng mahal for me ang RS.. ehehe Nakakaguilty, tatlo na babies namin! ahaha

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Since you are considering the RS, get it. Or else, medyo masasaktan ka everytime you see one. Just don't get the Modulo, sa labas ka nalang kung gusto mo yung mga kits. :D

I think mas malaki ang possible remorse mo, when you buy an Everest, and you see an RS, than when you get the RS.

Last month, I was looking at the Innova, Fortuner, and Civic. I got the 1.8 Civic. :D

Masyado ng mahal for me ang RS.. ehehe Nakakaguilty, tatlo na babies namin! ahaha
    Curious, bakit mas nakakapanghinayang if he doesn't get the RS compared to if he doesn't get the Mazda 3 or the Everest?

I mean, in all cases, he went for one car and forgone the other 2.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Curious, bakit mas nakakapanghinayang if he doesn't get the RS compared to if he doesn't get the Mazda 3 or the Everest?

I mean, in all cases, he went for one car and forgone the other 2.

Well, just for the reason why you are considering the Everest, because it is more practical versus the other 2. Most often than not, the practical choice does not make us happy.

Also, andami ng Everest sa daan, so kapag nakaCivic ka, medyo magsasawa ka din sa mga Everest na nakikita mo. With the Civic, medyo konti palang. Isa lang ata nakikita ko dito sa amin per day, minsan wala man ako makita na iba.

I say fun now, practical later nalang. Kaya pa naman bumili ng Innova let's say in 5 years, kapag may anak na.

Get the White RS, may bridal car kapa! ahaha!

Pero if you want fun na din, pero medyo practical, just get the 1.8E. Or the lower variant Mazda 3.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Also, my suggestion pala is between Civic/3 vs Everest. :D

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Well, just for the reason why you are considering the Everest, because it is more practical versus the other 2. Most often than not, the practical choice does not make us happy.

Also, andami ng Everest sa daan, so kapag nakaCivic ka, medyo magsasawa ka din sa mga Everest na nakikita mo. With the Civic, medyo konti palang. Isa lang ata nakikita ko dito sa amin per day, minsan wala man ako makita na iba.

I say fun now, practical later nalang. Kaya pa naman bumili ng Innova let's say in 5 years, kapag may anak na.

Get the White RS, may bridal car kapa! ahaha!

Pero if you want fun na din, pero medyo practical, just get the 1.8E. Or the lower variant Mazda 3.
    Personally I would be much happier with an Everest than a Civic RS.

If I wanted fast and fun I could just get a used sports car or a Jazz MT and turbocharge it. The RS just isn't worth it. 1.4M for basically a Civic 1.8E with 30 more horsepower for an extra 300k?

The Everest on the other hand looks like it's worth 1.5M. When I buy cars, I want them to look as much as they cost and the Civic just doesn't look like a 1.4-million peso car.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Personally I would be much happier with an Everest than a Civic RS.

If I wanted fast and fun I could just get a used sports car or a Jazz MT and turbocharge it. The RS just isn't worth it. 1.4M for basically a Civic 1.8E with 30 more horsepower for an extra 300k?

The Everest on the other hand looks like it's worth 1.5M. When I buy cars, I want them to look as much as they cost and the Civic just doesn't look like a 1.4-million peso car.

Exactly. That is why on my first reply, my first words were "since you are considering". :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004

You'll feel more pain and remorse everytime you scrape your under chassis whenever hit a pothole or drive on a steep incline ... or whenever you fill up at fuel station and see the diesel vehicle beside you paying less for more fuel ...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast