New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Kung max mo 1.5 million mag CR-Z ka na

Sa unang tingin lang maganda current civic. Sa 2nd look 3rd look wala na. Bigyan kita example ng maka 100th look maganda pa din = honda city and fortuner.

At sa presyo 1.4 million na civic eh sayang pera. Yung entry level na CR-Z mas nararapat sa ganyan presyo.
    The Civic RS can scoot faster than the CRZ. The CRZ's power output is only about the same as the Civic 1.8L. A Civic RS with its room for 5 people, big trunk, and its 1.5L turbo engine rated at 172hp is a better buy than the CRZ.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *paomigz15 - is the 1.5M the ceiling of your budget? I do agree with some that the Everest is the most practical among your choices and the Civic RS is not worth its 1.4M price tag. However, I do have a different view.

If you really need the space for people, the Everest is a wise choice. It is big and tall plus it has the advantage of the frugality of a diesel. It may not be as comfortable as a car due to its pickup-like ride but these vehicles are meant for all-around utility.

If you want spirited driving and performance, go save up for an extra 400k and get yourself a Subaru WRX. It has more power and torque, lots of grip with its AWD system, and a tuned suspension. You don't need all those kits with a WRX. You can get the WRX in either MT or CVT.

If you want performance on a budget, go with the Focus Sport 1.5L Ecoboost. You can get it for just over 1M with discounts. The Sport+ has the extra features but it cost 200k+ more. Its 1.5L turbo engine packs 180hp/240Nm and more in the likes of cars with 2.5L NA engines. It may be a few ticks slower from 0 to 100kmh against the Civic RS due to its heavier weight but it has a better tuned suspension. My father-in-law has a Civic RS and I feel that its suspension is more tuned for comfort, more like a small Accord. My Fiesta Ecoboost's suspension feels stiffer.

If you long for a comfortable ride and better performance, get a sporty midsize car like the Accord or Mazda6. Check them out and you can say that the interiors of the Civic or Mazda3 looks cheap against these cars. They are also no slouch in terms of performance and handling. They maybe around 1.7M-1.8M in price but they offer more than what a Civic or Mazda3 can deliver.

However, if you want a practical ride for 5 people which has better ground clearance and drives more like a car instead of a pickup plus enough room for carrying stuff, get a CUV (Forester, CX5, CRV, etc.). At 1.5M, you have a lot of options to choose from. If you can extend your budget a bit, you can have a CUV with the engine of the WRX which allows you to scoot faster than a Civic RS while still comfortably seating 5 and room in the back for golf bags, luggage, grocery, etc. I am happy camper with Forester XT.
    i saw a civic going around 160 sa skyway, i know its 160 coz i gave chase..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i saw a civic going around 160 sa skyway, i know its 160 coz i gave chase..
    Wahahaha, I bet you made an easy pass doing much faster than 160kmh. Some parts of Skyway tend to be bumpy at those speeds.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Id get mz3 kung ako yan. I hate SUVs yes they are tough, diesel and mataas, but gusto ko ung comfort and feel ng car. Depende nalang sa needs mo yan. Gusto ko rin ung maliit at madali isingit, reason why ayaw ko nung new civic. Ung parents ko naka ranger altho pick up naman yun pero hirap ng parking (consideration din yan,masikip samen) and ingress engress. If may suv na sa pamilya nyo baka pwedeng car ka nalang, tulad ng situation ko. Thats just me though, thank you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    My opinion is based on my experience owning an SUV.
    I think starting a family and buying an SUV does not go well together.
    Practicality aside, SUVs are not convenient for pregnant women and your soon-to-be-kids (at least from infant to toddler stage).
    Ingress and egress is much more difficult than a CUV or sedan.
    Just imagine your wife, with that big heavy baby bump and/or sleeping baby/ies in her arms, trying to get inside and going down of your SUV.
    .....but if you have a tall wife, then I think an SUV will be better than a sedan.
    HTH.
    Good point since I'm planning to have kids in 2 to 3 years.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *paomigz15 - is the 1.5M the ceiling of your budget? I do agree with some that the Everest is the most practical among your choices and the Civic RS is not worth its 1.4M price tag. However, I do have a different view.

If you really need the space for people, the Everest is a wise choice. It is big and tall plus it has the advantage of the frugality of a diesel. It may not be as comfortable as a car due to its pickup-like ride but these vehicles are meant for all-around utility.

If you want spirited driving and performance, go save up for an extra 400k and get yourself a Subaru WRX. It has more power and torque, lots of grip with its AWD system, and a tuned suspension. You don't need all those kits with a WRX. You can get the WRX in either MT or CVT.

If you want performance on a budget, go with the Focus Sport 1.5L Ecoboost. You can get it for just over 1M with discounts. The Sport+ has the extra features but it cost 200k+ more. Its 1.5L turbo engine packs 180hp/240Nm and more in the likes of cars with 2.5L NA engines. It may be a few ticks slower from 0 to 100kmh against the Civic RS due to its heavier weight but it has a better tuned suspension. My father-in-law has a Civic RS and I feel that its suspension is more tuned for comfort, more like a small Accord. My Fiesta Ecoboost's suspension feels stiffer.

If you long for a comfortable ride and better performance, get a sporty midsize car like the Accord or Mazda6. Check them out and you can say that the interiors of the Civic or Mazda3 looks cheap against these cars. They are also no slouch in terms of performance and handling. They maybe around 1.7M-1.8M in price but they offer more than what a Civic or Mazda3 can deliver.

However, if you want a practical ride for 5 people which has better ground clearance and drives more like a car instead of a pickup plus enough room for carrying stuff, get a CUV (Forester, CX5, CRV, etc.). At 1.5M, you have a lot of options to choose from. If you can extend your budget a bit, you can have a CUV with the engine of the WRX which allows you to scoot faster than a Civic RS while still comfortably seating 5 and room in the back for golf bags, luggage, grocery, etc. I am happy camper with Forester XT.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I prefer a comfortable ride and I'm usually by myself so looks like the Everest is not for me. I will also check out the other car models that you've suggested. Thank you so much!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Id get mz3 kung ako yan. I hate SUVs yes they are tough, diesel and mataas, but gusto ko ung comfort and feel ng car. Depende nalang sa needs mo yan. Gusto ko rin ung maliit at madali isingit, reason why ayaw ko nung new civic. Ung parents ko naka ranger altho pick up naman yun pero hirap ng parking (consideration din yan,masikip samen) and ingress engress. If may suv na sa pamilya nyo baka pwedeng car ka nalang, tulad ng situation ko. Thats just me though, thank you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    I agree! Medyo masikip din samen and mas prefer ko comfortable ride so looks like I'm down to either Mazda 3 or Civic.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    For me, Everest bro!!! Safety first!!! Napakaraming advantage ang everest na wala sa iba...

Sent from my D6633 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paomigz15 View Post
    I agree! Medyo masikip din samen and mas prefer ko comfortable ride so looks like I'm down to either Mazda 3 or Civic.
    Seems like you really want a sedan over an SUV. IMO just save the 300k and get a Civic 1.8E instead of the RS.

Do you drive fast? Do you run at 200 kph frequently? Do you race on track? Do you usually drive on mountain roads at high speeds?

If not, the Civic 1.8E is good enough. Don't get me wrong, the 1.5 turbo on the Civic RS is great - outstanding power even from a standstill all the way to its redline. However, most people don't really need it. Review the difference in features of the 1.8E and RS and weigh if the additional features plus the additional power is enough to shell out the extra cash.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You'll feel more pain and remorse everytime you scrape your under chassis whenever hit a pothole or drive on a steep incline ... or whenever you fill up at fuel station and see the diesel vehicle beside you paying less for more fuel ...
    Never really have that problem with my 1.8E. Wala pa namang sayad. Ngayon ko nga lang narealize, keeping in mind na mababa yung sasakyan ko, made me drive more cautious..

Also, with my 1.8E, I am averageing 10 KM/L, with average speeds of 20 KM/H. So it is not a gas guzzler as you think it is. Probably ganyan din ang Everest? Yun nga lang, mura ang diesel. :D

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast