New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^^galing mo talaga uncle nick!!!
    you have a point having the xwind as the new car but buy the base model pareho lng din makina ng xwind eh,if ever xwind wag yung sportivo turbo overpriced kasi.
    As what I have posted earlier,if there is no issue on money matters then go for 3.8 v6 genesis coupe or the chevy camaro/ford mustang(joke lng sa mga muscle cars)
    darn it if may pera lng ako its either camaro or mustang.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^^galing mo talaga uncle nick!!!
    you have a point having the xwind as the new car but buy the base model dahil pareho lng din makina ng mga xwind eh nilagyan lng yung iba ng tUrbo,if ever xwind wag yung sportivo turbo overpriced kasi,I felt sorry for my mother in law for buying the xmax sportivo 2.5 turbo w/the low tech engine accessories lng nag.improve,but were very thankful she gave it to us :D
    Xwind is very practical,cheaper to maintain and less worries than those high powered engine crdi w/turbos na timing belt ang gamit yan ang advantage ng low tech :p
    (no offense sa mga naka crdi owners).

Its very clear that when new technology comes the life gets better but become more complicated to those people who were used from low tech gadgets and equipments esp. sa dito sa atin, developing country kaya maraming lubak-lubak na daan.
    Better get a practical and cheaper car ts para di ka lugi.

As what I have posted earlier,if there is no issue on money matters then go for 3.8 v6 genesis coupe or the chevy camaro/ford mustang(joke lng sa mga muscle cars)
    IMHO being practical is soooo good in terms of car hunting/shopping, LOOKS maybe deceiving
    but what's important is that you'll get your basic needs in having a car (aanhin mo yung magandang sasakyan kung lubak lubak naman yung daanan?)

SAFETY IS MORE than a PRIORITY!
    Hope this will help you.

Happy car hunting ts!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Oiiiist! Hanggang dito, binabanatan ninyo ang mga "fanbois"... kayo kayo lang naman...

-

My advice? Buy a Crosswind. Hahaha... this is your first car? Then expect to have a few accidents or scrapes. Which will cost $$$ to fix on a new car. Buy something cheap and practical, and the rest of the money your parents were going to spend, invest it in work or business.
    Woot woot... Isuzu fanboy alert!!!

BTT: I'd go with the Civic amongst your choices.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Haha! Ang tindi ng fanboy usapan dito ah! Ako babanat din. Napakaoverpriced yung Civic 1.8 ngayon although CBU Japan at fully loaded nga talaga siya, which for some would be worth it already. Not to mention that these are some of the few units that would be JDM spec and sold locally. I would get this over the GC due to practicality reasons. And should you ever find it lacking in power, it is a Honda after all. And when Honda comes to mind highly tuneable kaagad naiisip. :devil: It can take more power than a Lancer EX!

If you find the Civic too expensive for what you get, I'd suggest the Elantra GLS. Top of the line variant for 136k less than the Civic, though not as fully loaded, has 10hp more and 1 more extra gear as compared to the Civic, sulit na yan.

Since you are open to 2nd hand, I'd suggest you get a 2nd hand Tucson R e-VGT. It's more practical and fuel efficient than any of your choices and yet is still blazingly fast and also much roomier.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Haha! Ang tindi ng fanboy usapan dito ah! Ako babanat din. Napakaoverpriced yung Civic 1.8 ngayon although CBU Japan at fully loaded nga talaga siya, which for some would be worth it already. Not to mention that these are some of the few units that would be JDM spec and sold locally. I would get this over the GC due to practicality reasons. And should you ever find it lacking in power, it is a Honda after all. And when Honda comes to mind highly tuneable kaagad naiisip. :devil: It can take more power than a Lancer EX!

If you find the Civic too expensive for what you get, I'd suggest the Elantra GLS. Top of the line variant for 136k less than the Civic, though not as fully loaded, has 10hp more and 1 more extra gear as compared to the Civic, sulit na yan.

Since you are open to 2nd hand, I'd suggest you get a 2nd hand Tucson R e-VGT. It's more practical and fuel efficient than any of your choices and yet is still blazingly fast and also much roomier.
    why would you waste money to make a honda less slow.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

Panget interior ng Elantra IMO.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thank you mga sir sa mga suggestions niyo. Hindi ko po ito first car since meron po ako E36 at 98 toyota prado diesel. Tama po kayo na magastos nga sa maintenance yung BMW. Gusto ko po kasi talaga magkaroon ng sedan na modelo since sa family po eh lahat naka SUV. Yung elantra maganda din siya, consider ko din. Yung sa genesis po pala 2.0T yung variant na iniisip ko. Yung manual. Budget ko po mga sir is 1M flat.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    1M flat ~ Civic EXi 1.8

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    btw i don't hate honda's, i actually think they're great solid reliable commuter cars. i just hate the fanboys who think honduh is a freaking sports car and god himself created this car for the soul purpose to destroy all others on a street race.

and to answer the ts question, out of all your choices i'd get a brand new civic since brand new is always better than old and it is the most practical choice since you just graduated but you should definitely consider it's competitors which offers more. anyway if all expenses will be paid by your parents (gas and maintenance), then get the hyundai gc and enjoy it while it last lalo na bata ka pa dahil sigurado pag dating ng time na ikaw na bibili sarili mo auto mag dadalawang isip ka bumili ng sports car.
    Last edited by foresterx; March 2nd, 2012 at 09:16 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pamalit ba to sa e36 at prado mo? kung ganon civic ka na. kung additional car lang, sa GC na ko. hehehe

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Honda Civic or Hyundai Genesis Coupe or BMW 320i